Wrapped Bun

Today’s hair tutorial is perfect for a summer wedding, either for the bride, bridesmaid, or attendant!
Your hair will be off your neck so you won’t need to worry about it melting in summer heat. And it’s perfectly simple to do on yourself.
Take a few times to practice this style, wrapping the sections around in different directions, holding the hair lower or higher, or just making little tweaks to make it your own.
Add a small flower or decorative pin to the side and this style will be sure to turn heads.
Nearly any length of hair can work with this style. Follow the same steps, just be sure to pin down the hair that sticks out during the first step. You’ll see what I mean when you watch it!

wrappedbun

Top: Banana Republic Outlet 2011
Necklace: Target
Earrings: Elisabeth Ashlie Jewelry

1. JennK says
    Posted May 28, 2012

This style is about 10 times cooler because you have darker hair underneath! I love it! Since I do too, I’m excited to try this… 🙂

2. Gabyash says
    Posted May 28, 2012

Nice and easy and just take a few minuts.
    Your always have a greats ideas. I’m going to try this at my next party 😀

3. Nancy Dee says
    Posted May 28, 2012

What a lovely, elegant and simple look. LOVE IT!

4. Posted May 28, 2012

This is one of my favorite looks! So pretty 🙂

Maria

5. MrsKBJ says
    Posted May 28, 2012

This is so cute! Thank you for taking the time to make videos/ blog about your hair tutorials. I have learned so much from you! I also bought that Target necklace after you posted about it 😉 I LOVE it! I cant wait to try this bun! Super cute! Thanks again!
    Kelly B.

6. Kate says
    Posted May 28, 2012

Love the look! Can’t wait to try it out 🙂

7. Anonymous says
    Posted May 28, 2012

So easy and so cute!! I just have a question – for some reason I can never get bobby pins to stay in my hair. It seems like the dumbest thing, but I just can’t get them to work. Any tips?

• Posted May 31, 2012

I have the same problem!! Ill have my hair all secure and then I go to do something or even when Im driving, theyll just fall right out! 😛

• blondie says
      Posted June 2, 2012

Are you pinning too-big sections? If the pins have too much hair in them, they will pop back out after a bit. If you try pinning smaller pieces, it should stay in. The pin shouldn’t be open at all once in place…all the hair should fit in the round part at the bend. HTH.

8. Magan says
    Posted May 28, 2012

Love this look! I have an event this week and just may have to try this. It’s so simple and chic. Thanks!

9. Anonymous says
    Posted May 28, 2012

Very pretty!.. I was wondering of we could see your hair straight(with the length is it now)

10. Anonymous says
    Posted May 28, 2012

So simple and elegant. You make all of your hairstyles look so easy. Although, whenever I try them, they never work out. I have a hard time getting my bobby pins to stay put. My hair always rejects them and spits them back out. I will keep trying though. Thanks for the amazing blog and hair tutorials. 🙂

• Jodi P. says
      Posted May 29, 2012

Kate – this is good question. Any tips?

• Kristin says
      Posted May 29, 2012

I had the same problem, but in one of the tutorials she explains to put the bumpy side down (I always wore them up). This worked! No bobby pins that pushed out. I’ve given this tip to like 15 people already. LOL

11. Posted May 28, 2012

The jewelry looks simple yet so sophisticated and elegant.

12. Anonymous says
    Posted May 28, 2012

I also have a hard time with bobby pins! I love your hairstyles tho! This may sound silly, but I am one of those people that always has to open the pin with my teeth then put it in place. I can never figure out how you just make them work on the first try! 🙂 maybe I should try some stronger pins.

13. Maria says
    Posted May 28, 2012

Kate your amazing! Love watching all your tutorials. You’ve helped me with trying new things with my hair & have never received so many compliments! Thanks 🙂

14. Posted May 28, 2012

I love all of your hairstyles! I too, have trouble with bobby pins popping back out 🙂
    And I want to wear so many of these styles, but my hair is long and super thick (even though I have it thinned). Any suggestions or ideas?

15. Olivia says
    Posted May 29, 2012

I just tried this…so easy!!! I love it and it will be my “go to” this summer! Thanks Kate 🙂

16. S.R. says
    Posted May 29, 2012

I would NEVER know how to do any hairstyles without your generosity of these videos. Thanks for all that you unselfishly teach us!!! Where did you get your stretch clear bands?

17. Jodi P. says
    Posted May 29, 2012

Perfect timing Kate! I am attending a wedding next weekend and hopefully my hair will look like this.. LOL! Close I hope! xoxo

18. Amy says
    Posted May 29, 2012

LOVE this! Where were you when I was stuck doing my own hair for my bridals four years ago!?

19. Anonymous says
    Posted May 29, 2012

I can’t view vids on youtube at work and love to check your blog during lunch. Loved the picture and detailed instructions……..

20. Posted May 29, 2012

I really like this one! Totally pretty but simple to put together. 🙂

21. Hollind says

Beautiful!!!

22. Anonymous says
    Posted May 29, 2012

I tried this hairstyle yesterday when you posted it. It stayed all day even in our crazy Kansas wind.

23. Anonymous says
    Posted May 29, 2012

Love this hairstyle. Where you do you get the clear elastic hair ties that are easy to stretch? I’m pretty sure I have a pack of the ones that aren’t so easy lol. Thanks, Leah

24. Anonymous says
    Posted May 29, 2012

Disregard my previous comment. I found te answer in your FAQs. Sorry about that, Leah. Ps. LOVE your blog!

25. Hollie says
    Posted May 29, 2012

I am a teacher so I am always looking for ways to pull all my hair back, but I have a really sensitive head so I usually cannot stand my hair pulled back without getting a headache. But this style worked! I wore it all day and did not even realize my hair was back! I usually cannot even stand a pony tail. Thank you for this huge life saver!!!!

• Anonymous says
      Posted June 2, 2012

I’m an attorney and was just thinking this is a perfectly classic, non-fussy look for the office. Great tutorial!

26. cathy says
    Posted May 30, 2012

I love your tutorials, this bun is so cute and fun! Keep up the great work.

27. Posted May 30, 2012

Hi Kate. I have been following your blog for some time now and am constantly inspired by your hair, style & beauty tutorials 🙂 They really are amazing, and again this one is no exception…I am attending a wedding in a couple of weeks and plan to attempt this myself!

28. Emily says
    Posted May 30, 2012

I love this one, Kate! It seems like it would be really hard, but it really isn’t! My wedding is exactly one year from Friday, and I’ve been looking at hair ideas. In my most recent blog post, I posted a few pics of potential wedding sites, and I want something to match…. what do you suggest?

xoxo

Emily

29. Anonymous says
    Posted May 31, 2012

I was going to ask about tips for doing this with longer hair, particularly what you should do with the half-up, half-down section if it’s so long that pieces stick out, but it seems like there are lots of questions before me without answers? Do you not answer questions?

30. Bellean says
    Posted May 31, 2012

Waylande Gregory
    Wow! I would love to let you loose in me house 🙂 You sure rock at organizing!

31. Posted May 31, 2012

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing this! 🙂

32. Kellie says
    Posted June 1, 2012

i love this. it’s beautiful and so classy!!

33. Anonymous says
    Posted June 1, 2012

Sallys Beauty supply has the professional bobby pins and they work great!! 🙂

34. Debra says
    Posted June 3, 2012

So elegant. Thanx for the tutorial Kate! My hair is short, but I will share this with my friends.

Debra@stylewisebydebra.blogspot.com

35. stela says
    Posted June 4, 2012

Trendy look…i also have long hair and love to do different hair styles. The hair style you suggested is very attractive and i am going to try out. However, i am interested in hair styles and their care thats why i always try to gain tips from experts like you and shares it through my website http://howgrowhairfaster.com/ for people and my friends who are looking for hair care.

Thanks
    Stela

36. Posted June 12, 2012

I did this style for work this morning and it was super easy and I already got a compliment on it =) Thank you for sharing this! I will definitely do my hair like this again!

37. Posted June 13, 2012

Nice tutorial! Well, we have actually same hair so I can easily do this at home and I think it’s pretty easy to do this hair style..

38. Monique says
    Posted June 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your hair tutorials!! You inspired me to experiment with my hair much more. I see now that a stunning look does not neccessarily take hours to create. Thank!

39. Katykg says
    Posted June 21, 2012

You are a GENIUS! I love this.

40. Posted July 12, 2012

Has anyone tried this style with longer hair? I love it, but it didn’t quite work when I tried it on myself. I ended up having to wrap the two sides around at least twice because they were too long to just pink underneath the first time around. Any suggestions?

41. Posted July 17, 2012

Hi Paige, I have really long wavy hair. I usually put my hair in a ponytail then use another elastic to secure my hair in a loose bun, then pin as needed. Sorry the 2nd part isn’t totally clear, I’m not sure how else to explain it. You can pull some of the ends out to cover the bun like Leah did, and pin as needed. Leah, this ‘do is adorable and I LOVE your necklace – perfect with those earrings! 🙂

42. Meranda says
    Posted July 20, 2012

On the countdown for my brothers wedding…do you have any idea how much this will help my family? Forget about writing that $50 check to the hair salon!

43. Anonymous says
    Posted August 17, 2012

This has quickly become my favorite blog….I love all of these ideas for hair and the tutorials are all so well done. Thanks for taking the time to create them!

44. Posted August 28, 2012

This is a very cute bun! I am just starting my own blog (goldentresses.blogspot.com)and have been combing the web for other hair blogs to see what is out there and how they are set up. You have a great blog! Do you have any advice on getting followers?

45. Posted September 18, 2012

I love you for posting this tutorial! For some reason, classic/conventional buns just don’t work on me — they end up sticking out to much when I’d rather they laid closer to my head. But this is the perfect low, not too ballerina-ish, unique bun that I actually like the look of! Wrapping the hair around the “birdie” really gives it the look I was seeking. Thank you so much Kate!

46. LuLuD says
    Posted October 11, 2012

This is an awesome way to do a bun. Quick, easy, and classically elegant. It would look great to wear to school to chase wild children around all day or to wear to church for a blessed day of worship. Thank you so much for the great tips as well as your precious witness. Blessings!

47. Posted October 18, 2012

Dog Collars Manufacturers
    This is very nice article , i got ton of knowledge with the assistance of this text thanks pricey……

48. Posted October 19, 2012

Temperature Sensors Suppliers India
    Yeah its very nice article……..Thnaks Buddy to share this importent informaion.

49. Posted October 19, 2012

Saddle Pads

50. Posted October 30, 2012

I was in full panic mode this weekend. I had a wedding to attend ..and forgot my straightener AND curling iron. [full panic mode]. after the initial shock wore off, I went straight to your blog [on my phone], picked this gorgeous wrapped bun, and somehow pulled it off. you make the most elaborate, elegant looking hairstyles SO EASY. especially if I can do them. everyone LOVED my hair. thank you!! 🙂

51. Posted December 10, 2012

Practicality cheap louis vuitton handbags is important. It would

be less costly to buy cheap designer handbags than buying the usual high-end designers omega speedmaster watches. Be reminded, the items are not fake. Remember that designers best christmas

giftsand premium brands make it a point to always come out with cheaper rolex datejust watches that would cater to other clients and consumers. These cheap designer bags my not be as luxurious and as premium in

quality as the standard designer catier bangles but they are definitely

as pretty and as durable. Besides, women would not need to worry about having fake or inferior waterproof jacketslabels for their bags.

52. Unknown says
    Posted December 26, 2012

It looks so stylish and easy to tie. Even I mount such buns usually.

beauty salon

53. Posted January 30, 2013

Pet supplies India
    Nice clicks …..thanks

54. Posted March 21, 2013

Thanks for these tips for really easy and beautiful hairdos! I am your big fan 🙂

55. Posted July 14, 2013

I just love your blog. The hairstyles are so “doable”. Thanks for posting!

56. Amy says
    Posted August 21, 2013

Love your blog! Just found it on pinterest. I’m wondering, do you have any tips on the placement of bobby pins? I have a hard time with placement.

57. Posted March 21, 2014

Hey Kate!
    I’m so glad to know that you’re a Christian 😀 This is probably the third blog which I’ve come across that belongs to a Christian. Read the “about” and I agree that our worth is in Christ alone. So also our beauty…because “We are the perfection of beauty whom God has shined in Christ Jesus” Psalm 50:2.
    I finally found a simple and yet a different bun style than my usual one.
    Great work…:-)
    God bless you richly
    Prereeta
    India

58. Marie-Josée says
    Posted January 13, 2015

Hello,

I love your blogue!!!! Especially the hair tutorial, it is clear, easy to do and sooooo nice. I’m from Québec, Canada and I often refer to your hair tutorial for my hairstyle. I have a special Award evening next week and I will do the wrapped bun in my hair. I tried it and did pretty good. 🙂 One of my colleague asked me to do her hair so I refer her your blogue and she will choose one of your hairstyle for that evening. Thanks for all your tips and great ideas. MJ

59. Bellapach says
    Posted October 20, 2016

I have tried this for an event and people around liked it, But my hair is longer but just followed your tutorial and it worked also though it did not come out exactly the same as your awesome look. Do you have a version of the person with thin and longer hair? Tks so much.