Wrapped Bun

Today’s hair tutorial is perfect for a summer wedding, either for the bride, bridesmaid, or attendant!
Your hair will be off your neck so you won’t need to worry about it melting in summer heat. And it’s perfectly simple to do on yourself.
Take a few times to practice this style, wrapping the sections around in different directions, holding the hair lower or higher, or just making little tweaks to make it your own.
Add a small flower or decorative pin to the side and this style will be sure to turn heads.
Nearly any length of hair can work with this style. Follow the same steps, just be sure to pin down the hair that sticks out during the first step. You’ll see what I mean when you watch it!

wrappedbun

Top: Banana Republic Outlet 2011
Necklace: Target
Earrings: Elisabeth Ashlie Jewelry

Comments

This style is about 10 times cooler because you have darker hair underneath! I love it! Since I do too, I’m excited to try this… :)

2. Gabyash says

Nice and easy and just take a few minuts.
    Your always have a greats ideas. I’m going to try this at my next party :D

This is so cute! Thank you for taking the time to make videos/ blog about your hair tutorials. I have learned so much from you! I also bought that Target necklace after you posted about it ;) I LOVE it! I cant wait to try this bun! Super cute! Thanks again!
    Kelly B.

4. Anonymous says

So easy and so cute!! I just have a question – for some reason I can never get bobby pins to stay in my hair. It seems like the dumbest thing, but I just can’t get them to work. Any tips?

• says

I have the same problem!! Ill have my hair all secure and then I go to do something or even when Im driving, theyll just fall right out! :P

• says

Are you pinning too-big sections? If the pins have too much hair in them, they will pop back out after a bit. If you try pinning smaller pieces, it should stay in. The pin shouldn’t be open at all once in place…all the hair should fit in the round part at the bend. HTH.

5. Anonymous says

So simple and elegant. You make all of your hairstyles look so easy. Although, whenever I try them, they never work out. I have a hard time getting my bobby pins to stay put. My hair always rejects them and spits them back out. I will keep trying though. Thanks for the amazing blog and hair tutorials. :)

• Kristin says

I had the same problem, but in one of the tutorials she explains to put the bumpy side down (I always wore them up). This worked! No bobby pins that pushed out. I’ve given this tip to like 15 people already. LOL

6. Anonymous says

I also have a hard time with bobby pins! I love your hairstyles tho! This may sound silly, but I am one of those people that always has to open the pin with my teeth then put it in place. I can never figure out how you just make them work on the first try! :) maybe I should try some stronger pins.

Kate your amazing! Love watching all your tutorials. You’ve helped me with trying new things with my hair & have never received so many compliments! Thanks :)

I love all of your hairstyles! I too, have trouble with bobby pins popping back out :-)
    And I want to wear so many of these styles, but my hair is long and super thick (even though I have it thinned). Any suggestions or ideas?

I would NEVER know how to do any hairstyles without your generosity of these videos. Thanks for all that you unselfishly teach us!!! Where did you get your stretch clear bands?

10. Anonymous says

I can’t view vids on youtube at work and love to check your blog during lunch. Loved the picture and detailed instructions……..

11. Anonymous says

I tried this hairstyle yesterday when you posted it. It stayed all day even in our crazy Kansas wind.

12. Anonymous says

Love this hairstyle. Where you do you get the clear elastic hair ties that are easy to stretch? I’m pretty sure I have a pack of the ones that aren’t so easy lol. Thanks, Leah

13. Anonymous says

Disregard my previous comment. I found te answer in your FAQs. Sorry about that, Leah. Ps. LOVE your blog!

I am a teacher so I am always looking for ways to pull all my hair back, but I have a really sensitive head so I usually cannot stand my hair pulled back without getting a headache. But this style worked! I wore it all day and did not even realize my hair was back! I usually cannot even stand a pony tail. Thank you for this huge life saver!!!!

• Anonymous says

I’m an attorney and was just thinking this is a perfectly classic, non-fussy look for the office. Great tutorial!

Hi Kate. I have been following your blog for some time now and am constantly inspired by your hair, style & beauty tutorials :) They really are amazing, and again this one is no exception…I am attending a wedding in a couple of weeks and plan to attempt this myself!

I love this one, Kate! It seems like it would be really hard, but it really isn’t! My wedding is exactly one year from Friday, and I’ve been looking at hair ideas. In my most recent blog post, I posted a few pics of potential wedding sites, and I want something to match…. what do you suggest?

xoxo

Emily

17. Anonymous says

I was going to ask about tips for doing this with longer hair, particularly what you should do with the half-up, half-down section if it’s so long that pieces stick out, but it seems like there are lots of questions before me without answers? Do you not answer questions?

18. stela says

Trendy look…i also have long hair and love to do different hair styles. The hair style you suggested is very attractive and i am going to try out. However, i am interested in hair styles and their care thats why i always try to gain tips from experts like you and shares it through my website http://howgrowhairfaster.com/ for people and my friends who are looking for hair care.

Thanks
    Stela

19. Monique says

Thank you so much for your hair tutorials!! You inspired me to experiment with my hair much more. I see now that a stunning look does not neccessarily take hours to create. Thank!

Has anyone tried this style with longer hair? I love it, but it didn’t quite work when I tried it on myself. I ended up having to wrap the two sides around at least twice because they were too long to just pink underneath the first time around. Any suggestions?

Hi Paige, I have really long wavy hair. I usually put my hair in a ponytail then use another elastic to secure my hair in a loose bun, then pin as needed. Sorry the 2nd part isn’t totally clear, I’m not sure how else to explain it. You can pull some of the ends out to cover the bun like Leah did, and pin as needed. Leah, this ‘do is adorable and I LOVE your necklace – perfect with those earrings! :)

On the countdown for my brothers wedding…do you have any idea how much this will help my family? Forget about writing that $50 check to the hair salon!

23. Anonymous says

This has quickly become my favorite blog….I love all of these ideas for hair and the tutorials are all so well done. Thanks for taking the time to create them!

This is a very cute bun! I am just starting my own blog (goldentresses.blogspot.com)and have been combing the web for other hair blogs to see what is out there and how they are set up. You have a great blog! Do you have any advice on getting followers?

I love you for posting this tutorial! For some reason, classic/conventional buns just don’t work on me — they end up sticking out to much when I’d rather they laid closer to my head. But this is the perfect low, not too ballerina-ish, unique bun that I actually like the look of! Wrapping the hair around the “birdie” really gives it the look I was seeking. Thank you so much Kate!

This is an awesome way to do a bun. Quick, easy, and classically elegant. It would look great to wear to school to chase wild children around all day or to wear to church for a blessed day of worship. Thank you so much for the great tips as well as your precious witness. Blessings!

I was in full panic mode this weekend. I had a wedding to attend ..and forgot my straightener AND curling iron. [full panic mode]. after the initial shock wore off, I went straight to your blog [on my phone], picked this gorgeous wrapped bun, and somehow pulled it off. you make the most elaborate, elegant looking hairstyles SO EASY. especially if I can do them. everyone LOVED my hair. thank you!! :)

Practicality cheap louis vuitton handbags is important. It would

be less costly to buy cheap designer handbags than buying the usual high-end designers omega speedmaster watches. Be reminded, the items are not fake. Remember that designers best christmas

giftsand premium brands make it a point to always come out with cheaper rolex datejust watches that would cater to other clients and consumers. These cheap designer bags my not be as luxurious and as premium in

quality as the standard designer catier bangles but they are definitely

as pretty and as durable. Besides, women would not need to worry about having fake or inferior waterproof jacketslabels for their bags.

Love your blog! Just found it on pinterest. I’m wondering, do you have any tips on the placement of bobby pins? I have a hard time with placement.

Hey Kate!
    I’m so glad to know that you’re a Christian :-D This is probably the third blog which I’ve come across that belongs to a Christian. Read the “about” and I agree that our worth is in Christ alone. So also our beauty…because “We are the perfection of beauty whom God has shined in Christ Jesus” Psalm 50:2.
    I finally found a simple and yet a different bun style than my usual one.
    Great work…:-)