Coral Pants

How do you feel about colored pants?
They are everywhere right now, and perfect for spring/summer wardrobes.

It took me awhile to find the right pair. I had a similar situation with my recent purchase of denim cropped skinnies. I had to go up a few sizes, and then they fit perfectly. So once I understood that sizing of “skinny” vs.  sizing of traditional cuts are not even close to each other, I had an easier time finding some colored skinnies.

Then it was just deciding on the color!

I went with an orange-y coral. Is anyone surprised? I didn’t think so.

shirt: Loft Outlet (similar here), pants: J.Crew Outlet (similar here), Jewelry: Elisabeth Ashlie, Shoes: Target (here)

____________________________________________________

Also, my friend Hayley, who blogs over at The Tiny Twig, wrote this great e-book on how to get dressed with less fuss. She helps you narrow down your wardrobe to the essentials, and make it easier to create outfits and get dressed quicker.
Doesn’t that sound nice?
I read it and it helped me step back and examine my wardrobe. And also be a little bit more creative when it comes to pairing certain items together!
It’s definitely worth the read to learn about how to pair certain items together, how to layer, and how to shop more effectively!

AND it’s only $7.99!!

Click here to purchase the e-book–> Click here to visit Hayley Morgan @ The Tiny Twig.

Comments

Love the colored pants & especially love the coral color! I’ve been trying to find a fit that I like & I’m also struggling!! Maybe I just need to try & go up a couple sizes?! Uggh!! You know us women don’t like to hear that!! Oh well, whatever works, right?!

Love your outfit! I haven’t tried the colored pants – but I want to! You look so cute! Love your blog! I came across it on Pinterest and will be back! MichelleB

Perhaps it’s just me (entirely probable) but I just couldn’t get the link to the book to work!

LOVE the pants on you! I have similar coloring, being pale, blonde, and I always find that orange and coral look really nice on me. Thanks so much for sharing

I think the sizing depends on your body type because I always wear the same size that I would in regular jeans. Super cute outfit!

Went this weekend to our new jcrew outlet and FELL IN LOVE! I have to go back WIHTOUT TODDLER to try on but these are a MUST! LOVE THEM!!!!! They look great on you!

I absolutely LOVE this trend… however, I am so frustrated because I can’t find a pair to fit me right. If they fit around the waste they are super skin tight in the rear and legs and if I go up a few sizes so they aren’t so tight they are way too big in the waist. I have almost given up…. I tried on some at Old Navy that fit pretty well, but they were more like capri style and I am really wanting just regular pants or cropped. These look super cute on you!

7. Kara says

Kate! You look totally cute in those pants! I love it, and I love reading your website. You inspire me all the time, so thank you :)

Such a cute outfit! I’m 5 months pregnant and have been searching online for a similar maternity outfit and found a shirt, but can’t find the cute colored pants :( I’ll keep looking!

9. Nichole says

Just bought the ebook! Thanks for the tip! I am one of those women who NEEDS help putting pieces together to make an actual outfit. I don’t have the vision to figure it out on my own. Love the coral pants on you : )

Your arms are looking buff! Have you been lifting weights? I love the colored pants. I found a pair of royal blue ones at target that I’m thinking about getting… Maybe now I will have the courage!

I’ve always had “thick” legs from thigh to knee. I tend to go for neutral bottoms and colored tops. Putting color on the bottom would draw the eye to my legs which is seriously the last place on my body I want anyone looking at. However, on cute girls, such as your cute self, color is awesome. I love seeing all the color coming back into everyone’s wardrobe.

Just found your blog through My Rodriguez blog and love it! I have been looking for the perfect pair of red/coral pants for a while and am still on the hunt. Wish me luck!

13. Anonymous says

would you mind to list the style number/name of these cropped jeans…maybe i can find them on-line? thanks!

I keep seeing this trend, and I really didn’t think it was for me, but this looks awesome! I am also reading The No Brainer Wardrobe. I’ll admit, I had to step away for a moment when I read that she thinks 60 articles of clothing is enough. Yikes! ;)

• says

Gap maternity–turquoise and fuschia for around $70. Also some color khaki capris. I have the always skinny maternity jeans from gap and they mean it when they say they fit skinny… especially around calves/ankles.

No wonder I couldn’t fit into skinny jeans…I refused to go up a size! :) Just tried out some of your hairstyles on myself this weekend, and I could actually DO them! Thank you so much!

I stopped by the outlets just yesterday and thought of you. You do love the outlets as much as me. I picked up some really cute skirts and a pair of white pants from Banana. I can’t wait to wear all of them.
    mommysguiltypleasures.blogspot.com

Is your top black and white or brown and white? I got this top at Loft Outlet this weekend in Hilton Head. I couldn’t decide which color to get so I got both colors! :)

They look awesome!! My daughter just bought a yellow pair, so cute for the spring :)
    I agree with the first comment/compliment – ever since I first started following your blog, I couldn’t figure out who you looked like!! That’s who!!!! haha

I’ve been wishing for some coral capris or skinnies… Yours look great! And… YES about the sizing up – it kills me (having lost SOME weight… not a lot but some, it hurts to have to be back in my old size for skinnies…). However, I’m grateful I’m not the only one it happens to!

20. Kerri says

LOVE these jeans on you Kate. Absolutely perfect colour. I’ve been wanting to try coloured jeans but can’t find a colour I love (that also suits me!) so will have to try and find something similar here (Australia) or online.

Dang, they look great on you!! I always feel like all eyes are on my legs/butt when I try colored skinnies on. I don’t know why, because I never think that about anyone else who wears them! Maybe I should just get brave and try a pair…

wow they look great on you, and great choice for your top! coloured pants make me uneasy..im a bit overweight and i always feel like colour on the bottom will emphasize that. But the more I see them, the more I want to try it! Maybe I will man up and go try some on. It can’t be that bad…… eek!

23. Anonymous says

Love the jeans. Just bought something very similar at Loft (love that store). You always look so put together. If only I had the knack.
    Some day I will learn how to comment not amomymously.

24. Hilary says

Yes! I love colored pants! I shopped for the longest time to find red skinny pants because so many fit oddly. But I finally found some at American Eagle as well as an aqua pair. I love them!

I’m so glad to see from all these comments that I’m not the only fashion chicken!! :) I really want a pair of kelly green capris but am scared….er, was scared! Glad I saw this post….may just go for it! Thanks Kate!

26. Anonymous says

Thanks to your outfit of the day…I have my own coral pants. I purchased Talbots flared crop denim in Flame. Love them! Thanks again!

I love the colored pants trend! I bought a pair that are green. I did not have green in my wardrobe so I thought that would be a fun way to get it in there. Love the outfit!

Coral Pants are trending and definitely the best and most fashionable color to wear this time of year. Among the other various colored pants being worn this time of year they are in high demand due to their stylish appeal and low price in most cases. Also they can be found in almost any stores that sells clothing for women.

I am in love with the necklace you are wearing, but there are none like it on your Etsy shop! Very pretty. I like the whole outfit, but that necklace is just so beautiful!