Winter White

I picked up this white(slightly cream) sweater at H&M the other day. $24.99. I know.

Do you shop at H&M? My two staple dresses, one in grey and one in black, are from H&M. I love them. But sometimes that store can be a total miss.

I love the flared sleeves. And the fact that they are 3/4 length.

Sweater: H&M, Winter 2011
Jeans: J.Crew Flare, Fall 2011
Shoes: Target, Winter 2011 (taupe version of my fav. grey shoes!)
Belt: J. Crew outlet, Winter 2011
Scarf: Old Navy, Summer 2011
Necklace: Banana Republic Outlet, Winter 2011

I like a creamy white better than a bright white in the winter time.
Do you wear white in the winter?

1. Posted December 2, 2011

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S! Fantastic pics! I adore your blog. 🙂

2. Posted December 2, 2011

so cute!! we have no H&M here in Oklahoma. Wish we did!!

3. Shannon says
    Posted December 2, 2011

What beautiful pictures! No H&M in Nebraska either, but Kansas City just got one and you better believe I am making the trek down there to go!

4. Posted December 2, 2011

I would wear white in the winter and I agree, a slight cream to the tone is better than absolute white.

5. Anonymous says
    Posted December 2, 2011

I like white in the winter. I agree that a cream is best for that time of year. I love the prices at H&M but I don’t shop there much because it is so unorganized! That makes me crazy which trying to find something.

6. Posted December 2, 2011

You rock that outfit girl!!! 🙂

7. Posted December 2, 2011

I have that same sweater and love it. Cream in the winter is totally appropriate. I love H&M but had to get used to sifting through everything to find the gems!

8. Kelly says
    Posted December 2, 2011

Gorgeous outfit! I love creamy white too, especially against my super pale skin. Bright white is too much!

9. Crystal says
    Posted December 2, 2011

Love the pictures! That sweater is adorable! I really like the flared sleeves as well. I think the creamy winter white is defiantly a
    better choice for this time of year but I do have one white sweater that if paired with the right thing I think looks good.
    Do you take your own pictures with a tripod or do you have someone snap them for you? What kind of camera are you using?

10. Tiffany says
    Posted December 2, 2011

Very pretty! I love the belt with it. I like the the cream color in winter. You wont have to worry about what jewelery, shoes or scarf to put with it because everything goes.
    And your hair is beautiful, as always!

11. Lauren says
    Posted December 2, 2011

I’m headed to the mall at lunch to find that sweater!

12. Ashten says
    Posted December 2, 2011

I love that sweater! Might have to go grab myself one!

13. Katie says
    Posted December 2, 2011

I agree about the creamy white instead of white-white. I just find that the creamy white has a ‘warm feeling’ touch to it 🙂

cute sweater. I agree that the store sometimes can be a let down.

14. Posted December 2, 2011

love it!

15. Laura says
    Posted December 2, 2011

Hello! I recently started reading your blog and can I just say you rock! It is so nice to come across a blog that is light hearted, fun, fashion and style filled from the perspective of a Christian. When I began reading your blog I immediately enjoyed it. It was filled with great hair and fashion tips that were honest and for real woman. Then I got curious and read your about me section. Thank you for your honesty about your faith and your commitment to serving our Lord and Savior first. It was a breath of fresh air. You see I am the wife of an associate pastor/student minister. I love fashion and beauty items but I know that is not where my beauty and value come from. My beauty and value comes from my God, because I know this it makes things like beauty and fashion fun and not frustrating. Thank you for providing a place where discussion of these things is fun and modest. I feel 100% confident in recommending your blog to the youth in my life because I am sure that you know where true beauty comes from. Thank you again.

Also I am a huge fan of winter white (creamy white or bone white). In fact my favorite purse is my Michael Kors in bone. Don’t worry I didn’t pay anywhere near full price. 🙂

16. Anonymous says
    Posted December 2, 2011

I love the shoes! Are they the heels? I saw some at Target when I was shopping there last week.

I agree with some of the others. I don’t usually shop at H&M because I hate having to shift through the racks.

17. Posted December 2, 2011

Very cute outfit! I love the scarf too! We have an H&M here in DC and it’s always hit or miss for me. Never somewhere in between.

18. Anonymous says
    Posted December 2, 2011

I have a couple white shirts for layering under stuff like vests but I have some cream sweaters as well. I haven’t shopped at H&M before but never hear much about it so thought maybe it wasn’t that great. I’ve been really into New York and Company lately :)))))
    -Amy-

19. Posted December 2, 2011

That sweater is insane. You look wonderful!!!! xo

20. Posted December 2, 2011

Yes! It is great at least for laying cute sweaters with. Like a long sleeve white with a short sleeve sweater!

21. Whitney says
    Posted December 2, 2011

I love the winter white! This whole post makes me wish I had a H&M!

22. Posted December 2, 2011

That sweater is absolutely to-die for! I love it! I usually never shop at H&M (the one near me is always so crazy!), but I may have to stop by and pick up one of these sweaters. You are rocking it!

23. Posted December 2, 2011

I love white so much I can’t get away from it for a whole season. i definately wear white in winter!

24. Naomi says
    Posted December 2, 2011

I just bought the same sweater last weekend while visiting NYC! I wore is with brown pants and got sooo many compliments, it’s my new fav! I too love the sleeves the best!!

25. Posted December 2, 2011

I do wear white (like sweaters) in the winter, but if I wore white shoes after Labor Day my grandmother would claw her way out of her grave and beat me with them.

26. Chelsy says
    Posted December 2, 2011

I LOVE wearing white in winter 🙂 I always think it looks so clean and fresh against the snow. H&M is also very hit or miss for me. Sometimes I could buy the whole store and other times I can’t even find a hair clip I want to bring home with me.

27. Posted December 2, 2011

OMG I love your blog! I just discovered it via Pinterest. You post about everything I love (cooking, fashion, hair) I can’t wait to watch all your hair tutorials, I have extremely thin, fine hair and find it difficult to fix most days. Hoping your tricks will help!

28. Katie says

LOVE H&M!

29. Posted December 2, 2011

I love creamy white for the winter. Love the pics.

30. Katie says
    Posted December 3, 2011

I LOVE H&M but sadly I no longer live close to one. Very pretty sweater and hair!

31. Jennifer says
    Posted December 3, 2011

Can you link your shoes from target?

32. Posted December 3, 2011

H&M is definitely my ‘go to’ store for something affordable and stylish. I don’t have one very close though,probably a good thing or I’d be broke. Love the winter white.

33. Posted December 3, 2011

I just discovered your blog today, and I must say I LOVE it! I am hopeless with my hair but I am excited to try some of the tutorials, I love having steps to go by, very helpful! I look forward to following your blog in the future!

34. lori says
    Posted December 3, 2011

YES, i wear white in the winter… LOVE your outfit. i am obsessed with neutrals this season.

35. Suzanne says
    Posted December 3, 2011

You are just too cute! I love your blog! It’s the only non-papercrafting blog that I follow and I always look forward to your posts. I love that shirt and I too love 3/4 length sleeves, even in the dead on winter. 🙂

36. Bretty says
    Posted December 4, 2011

i dont really oay attention to the ‘white rules.’ or sandals rules (in LA sandals are a MUST nearly year round). i’ve always said, if you want to wear it, you can pull it off.

and ps – i’m finally getting the hang of the bouncy curled under hairdo! woot! granted, my hair still flattens about halfway through the day, but i’m getting there =)

37. Posted December 4, 2011

Such a great outfit! I LOVE H&M and I am so happy we finally got one here in Colorado 🙂

38. Lauren says
    Posted December 4, 2011

First of all, you look STUNNING! Second, I love H&M but agree that they are up and down.

39. Posted December 4, 2011

Hi, Kate. I just found your blog and have to say I am so excited…and thankful…for all these great tips on hair, fashion and make-up! Thank you for giving us the inside scoop on how you look so great.

40. Posted December 4, 2011

I LOVE to wear winter white right now. That scarf makes the entire outfit! I would love to know how you tied the scarf in this outfit pic. I can’t tell very well in the pic. Thanks!

41. Allyson says
    Posted December 5, 2011

I’ve been seeing your tutorials all over Pinterest, but I just started reading your blog. All of your content is so great, and I’m really hoping I can get the hang of your tutorials!

Thanks for sharing!