How to wear Scarves

I’ve created a little video showing how I wear my scarves.

But I’ve learned a few things about myself too.

1. I talk with my hands. I actually do not think I would be able to communicate without using my hands.
2. I can’t resist saying hi to my cat when he barges in.
3. I struggle opening pins.
4. I’m not very subtle when I mention scarf pins.

Anyway, these are simply some of my favorite ways to wear scarves. :)

Comments

1. Meg says

Not gonna lie—the door opening behind you was terrifying. I watched Paranormal Activity in October, and I had a horrific flashback. I was scared for your safety.

2. Bethany says

love your comments above the video…very funny :) thanks for all the tutorials! tried the bouncey hair last night and it totally worked!

Hahah ditto on the Paranormal Activity….glad you mentioned in your post about your cat barging in, or else I would have been all “what the….” But I love scarves too! One of my (only) favorite things about the colder weather:)

I’ with everyone else in regards to the door. Had you not said Hi to your cat, I would have sworn you had a ghost!! Love scarves!! I really like the new ‘twist’ you did on the last scarf!

The door freaked me out too, but I had figured it was your cat coming in. I’m the same way with saying hi to our cats. :)

Love the tutorial–I learned how to tie scarves from European friends when I lived overseas. I had no clue before that!

6. ·٠•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•·٠Gentle Spirit·٠•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•·٠ says

Thanks for this tutorial & yes the door got me too…lol

7. Anonymous says

Thanks to you I’m sporting a scarf today that I got at the end of Aug for a birithday gift but hadn’t worn since I didn’t know really how to wear it. Loven’ it today thanks!

Kate… I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I have watched the hair style videos over and over and I still am horrible at it. I can, however do my daughters hair perfectly. She did the half up, criss cross thingy (can’t remember the name) for school yesterday and she said she got TONS of compliments on it. In the meantime, I will keep practicing on my own hair. Keep the tips coming! I love them. Can you do some winter eye-shadow, make up tips some time?

Just bought a grey scarf from Banana Republic (the color was called tree trunk heather – so I think it’s a taupey grey color). By the way, Banana Republic has all regularly priced merchandise on sale for 30% off (online only) today and tomorrow – so, I got my new scarf on sale! Can’t wait to try all of your suggestions.

10. Heather says

Kate- I want to color my hair at home. I have roots showing highlights right now and can’t fork over $130 to go to the salon right now.Any suggestions on at-home coloring/highlighting?

It really helps a lot people who is still on the way to being stylish. actually we are a wholesaler in new york ,the scarves is our primary product too,you can check out our website : http://www.huafu.org . thank you very much.