Curling with a Flat Iron

This tutorial is not for everyone. BUT, I recommend giving it a try when you have time and patience. It may end up being a great way for you to curl your hair, or it may be a complete disaster. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
With my texture and length, I prefer a curling iron. The reason why is because you can count on a consistent size curl around the barrel of the iron. If you pull a section through the flat iron at different speeds, you may get either a tighter or looser curl. And my hair curls easily–so the curling iron is my tool of choice! And you may notice, curling iron curls are not very different than flat iron curls. A flat iron can create a great curl on certain textures and lengths, so try it, but if it doesn’t work, stick with the curling iron.

I’m using a 1 inch Classic GHD flat iron. It’s my favorite. It’s smooth, heats up quickly, and much stronger than a Chi Flat Iron. If you have a Chi, and it works for you, great. If you are in the market for a flat iron, I recommend the GHD over the Chi. (neither of these companies know who I am, this is simply my opinion)

Refer to this post to see what’s in my hair.

Refer to this post to see how my bangs are styled.

*Spray your hair with hairspray before you curl each section if you need extra hold!

**I’m using the Classic 1 inch GHD Flat Iron

(man I’m pale. If there were more Twilight movies being made, they could definitely cast me.)

1. Bren says
    Posted November 21, 2011

Your hair always looks so pretty!!!! I bought a flat iron because my hair dresser uses one to curl my hair…it was a disaster so I returned it! She made it look so easy but it was not! LOL The curling iron works well for me.

2. Posted November 21, 2011

Kate your hair looks beautiful!!
    You have totally inspired me to give it a try ~

3. Amber says
    Posted November 21, 2011

This post makes my heart happy πŸ™‚ After reading and reviewing all your posts, I have tried and tried again to make my hair curl with a curling iron. Repeat FAIL after epic fail. I do, however, have curling my hair with a flat iron down to a science- thanks for confirming that it is coooooolll to curl my hair this way πŸ™‚ This morning my hair is curled up pretty with with handy flat iron! Looks great on you, too sweet girl!

Amber

4. meesch says
    Posted November 21, 2011

It looks awesome on you! I have super fine hair but a TON of it, and I tried curling my hair with my flatiron once and turned the heat up too high, I ended up damaging my hair past repair and had to cut six inches off = ( I’m so jealous of the girls that can actually do this with their hair!

-meesch

5. Anonymous says
    Posted November 21, 2011

This is the only way I curl my hair… for 3+ years! When I first discovered it (it was an accident) I showed my hairdresser how! =)
    -B

6. kristin says
    Posted November 21, 2011

Adorable! I’m getting my hair cut like yours tomorrow morning. I have some pics from your “my haircut” post ready to take with me…but I wonder from looking at some of your more recent posts…is your hair a bit longer now? How far below your shoulders does it fall? Just curious so I can tell my hairdresser.

7. Posted November 21, 2011

@Kristin: It’s about at my collar bone, but it needs a good trim!

8. MaryBe says
    Posted November 21, 2011

This looks great! it would be so nice to just take the flat iron with me when travelling instead of that and the curling iron. I would never have thought to try this. Sometimes when I use the flat iron I get those weird hair kinks, arghh!!
    I am Pinning this πŸ˜€

9. Layla says
    Posted November 21, 2011

Ah, I can’t do it! It’s always an epic fail when I try. However, all of the methods I’ve found before are more complicated – one whole twist while holding horizontally and holding the end and turning at the last minute. This looks easy peasy.

10. Posted November 21, 2011

Yep it’s official your hair always look perfect! I’ve tried this before and it def did not turn out like yours. I will try again though!

11. Posted November 21, 2011

Your hair looks amazing with flat iron curls! Mine always end up too flat looking. Maybe with your video I will get it down finally.

12. Posted November 21, 2011

This is a great tutorial! I never can seem to get this down, but you did a great job of explaining this! By far my fave hair tutorial/beauty blog!

13. Bretty says
    Posted November 21, 2011

i’ve been curling with a flat iron for years now, but it took me about a month to really learn how to do it. and i am horrible at doing hair. but once i figured it out, its super easy, and i can do my whole hair in about 10 minutes (depending on the length). i never thought to hold the end of the hair while im curling. thats a good idea!

14. Lorilee says
    Posted November 21, 2011

You have beautiful hair! I tried your curling iron method. It worked very well except for MY problem area! Sadly, my curl never holds in high humidity which is most of the time in South Texas. I also made my first Sephora purchases.Our Penneys just remodeled and included a small Sephora! I bought the Bare Escentual Prime Time lid primer and Pretty Amazing Lip Gloss. LOVE them both.
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

15. Lindsay says
    Posted November 21, 2011

Your hair always looks so good!

16. Posted November 21, 2011

Love this!!! Thanks for posting. I think I will style my hair like this for Thanksgiving. And I second that the GHD flat iron is amazing!!!

17. Posted November 21, 2011

You make me want to cut my hair off.. It’s soooo long I can’t do anything like this just long curls..

18. Posted November 21, 2011

I love curling my hair with a flat iron. I wish I had hair like yours that I could curl with just a curling iron… but mine would never stay pretty and would fall flat after a few hours. I started curling with a flat iron 6 months ago and I will never go back! My curls stay all day long and sometimes I will spray “dry shampoo” in the next day and do a cute up do with it since then the curls are a little looser. Great Post!!!

19. Cruz says
    Posted November 21, 2011

Thank thank you for posting all your tutorials. I never learned how to style my hair and I’m a wash and go type of girl. But your tutorials are easy to follow so I’m not too scared to try them.

20. Posted November 21, 2011

Love this- in fact I tried it this morning and it worked great! πŸ˜€

21. Posted November 21, 2011

Just bought my Hot Tools 1″ curling iron!! Can’t wait to watch the flat iron tutorial so I can hopefully use that technique as well! And then I’m sure I’ll be purchasing a GHD flat iron too (so glad I held off on a Chi that I “thought” I wanted so badly!). One question…my hair is getting long and I want to add a few layers…what should I “request” when getting my hair trimmed…to get the volume, and curl!!? Thanks for all your great tips — you have saved my “hairy” life!!! πŸ˜‰
    Rebecca~

22. Posted November 21, 2011

Do you find that color treated hair holds curl better? I have really fine hair and I really have to work it to make it curl. It takes me at least an hour to curl my hair. Do you have any tips for curling fine hair?

23. Kelly says
    Posted November 21, 2011

Kate, I just adore your blog and wanted to say THANK YOU for it. Your video tutorials are the best. You are gorgeous.

24. Amy B says
    Posted November 21, 2011

I actually like the way it looks on you better than the curling iron (which you are also a genius at!!!!). It’s beautiful!!!!

25. Posted November 21, 2011

This comment has been removed by the author.

26. Posted November 21, 2011

i didn’t even know you could do this! too cool…now to gawk over your pintrest!

27. Posted November 21, 2011

I love your tips! Just wished you were in Houston so I could see you as my hair stylist!

28. Anonymous says
    Posted November 21, 2011

Thanks for posting this. Love it

29. Posted November 22, 2011

I’m SO HAPPY you did this tutorial! I literally just said to my sister the other day…”I wonder if she’ll ever do a flat iron curling tutorial”. I have hair that’s similar in texture to yours but the length is shorter so a flat iron works better for me than a curling iron right now. Love it. Love your hair color as well!

30. Posted November 22, 2011

@Josh and Kasi Nelson: yes because it has a bit more texture to it. But fine hair can be curled with the help of a little hairspray on each section before you curl it!

31. cheri says
    Posted November 22, 2011

I seriously checked this blog Sunday morning to see if there was a tutorial before church on curling hair with a flat iron….but then you posted it today πŸ™‚ haha, I’ll use it next time for sure.

32. Anonymous says
    Posted November 22, 2011

I just love your blog! I am 39 and was in a total rut..doing my hair the same way everyday. I discovered your blog on Pinterest and have been wearing my hair a different way everyday!! These are the most comprehensive styling tutorials I have ever seen. My hair turns out exactly right every time! Thank you so much! Kristi

33. Posted November 22, 2011

Thanks for doing the video. I’m going to try this and tell my daughters about it. Happy Thanksgiving and God bless!

34. Angie says
    Posted November 22, 2011

Yours is my new favorite blog! I found it last night through a link on Pinterest. You are a doll! And beautiful inside and out. I’m excited to get to know you through your blog!

35. Anonymous says
    Posted November 22, 2011

I love your blog and tutorials! I found you on Pinterest. I just received my GHD flatiron…(they should be paying you for your tutes…it made me order one…)

Question: you say during the video that you can spray before you curl if you have difficult to curl hair…what are you suggesting to spray before applying the heat?

Thanks so very much!

–Deb Saaranen

36. Kate says
    Posted November 22, 2011

Hey I have noticed in several places you say you use a paddle brush to blow dry your hair- can you share what brand/model paddle brush you use?

37. Posted November 22, 2011

LOVE your blog! Just discovered it via pinterest! I have some great hair but never know what to do with or how to tame it! You break it down so easy and it’s fun! Thanks Kate! Look forward to more posts and getting to know you through your blog!!

-Sara

38. Anonymous says
    Posted November 22, 2011

Always love your hair. I noticed you said you’d include a link about your bangs but I didn’t find it anywhere.

39. Anonymous says
    Posted November 22, 2011

Nevermind, found at the top!

40. Kristin says
    Posted November 22, 2011

Hi Kate! Another great tutorial…I’m really excited because I’m asking for a GHD flat iron for Christmas, so I can’t wait to try this out! Two questions, 1) Is this the flat iron you’re suggesting: http://www.ghdhair.com/gold-series/ghd-gold-classic 2) My current flat iron (not GHD) is getting some product build up on it, do you have this problem, and if so, so you have any suggestions on how to clean it best? Thanks SO much for your blog – I’ve shared it with so many girls at work and they all love it too! (We all have been trying out your tutorials and come in everyday checking out each others’ hair!) You may not realize it, but you’re changing many lives! πŸ™‚

41. Posted November 22, 2011

Hey Kate!

First of all, your hair is fabulous and I absolutely love this blog. If i could do half of the things you can with your hair, I’d be so happy. Secondly, I know you use the GHD flat iron but those are pretty expensive. Do you have any suggestions for other brands of flat irons that you believe give pretty good results? Thanks!

Aimee

42. Posted November 23, 2011

I am obviously going to have to try this again. I love how it turned out on you!!! I tried curling with a flat iron *ONCE* and it turned out really “fried” looking—but that was before my most recent haircut and treating my hair better and blah blah, so now my hair is much healthier. If it would look like yours does here, I would definitely do it!! It looks like maybe it has a little more volume than when you do it with the curling iron??

43. Posted November 23, 2011

Love!! Going to try tomorrow!!!

44. Anna says
    Posted November 23, 2011

Hi kate, your hair looks AMAZING after you did that! maybe its because I have long hair but when I did it I burnt my hair so badly because it seemed like the flat iron was on there so long there was smoke coming from my hair! Any suggestions??? I may just need to stick with the curling Iron im thinking?
    Anna

45. Posted November 23, 2011

Great post – I have always wanted to do this to my hair.
    Quick question for you – how do you get the volume in your hair? I struggle with this BIG time!

46. Jessica says
    Posted November 23, 2011

you make it look so easy! no way I could do this in 13 minutes πŸ˜‰

47. Anonymous says
    Posted November 23, 2011

Thank you Thank you Thank you! this was a major help. my hair looks awesome and it didnt take long at all!

48. Anonymous says
    Posted November 24, 2011

You are too cute! Thanks for sharing!

49. Abbylynn says
    Posted November 24, 2011

thanks so much, i love your blog.
    you have such great tips!!!

50. Posted November 24, 2011

Gosh this was a GREAT tutorial! I immediately whipped out my flat iron to try, and HOORAY!! Thanks for the tip!!

51. Anonymous says
    Posted November 26, 2011

I am having such a hard time curling my hair. When I do try and curl it it looks more like I did a terrible job straightening my hair. I has a kinky look to it. Any advice is appreciated!

52. Posted November 27, 2011

@Anna: sounds like you may need a new flat iron! eek!

53. Anonymous says
    Posted November 27, 2011

Your boss i can barely ever curl my hair but i watched and did this and my hair looks so good thank you!

54. Anonymous says
    Posted December 1, 2011

You have the BEST hair!! I wish my hair would do everything yours does… really I wish I could just get you to do my hair every day! haha πŸ˜‰

55. Anonymous says
    Posted December 2, 2011

I attempted this today! It turned out great. I’ve been trying to master this technique for awhile now, and your tutorial helped me do it finally! I love how it give you more of a natural wave, I will definitely be doing it again πŸ™‚

56. Anonymous says
    Posted December 3, 2011

Great, I just tried this morning and it worked. My curls are not as consistent as yours came up but it was my first try i guess it’ll improve over time. My bob haircut is also shorter than yours so it was pretty hard to do the back.All in all I am very happy with the result and cant wait to try other tutorials you post. I subscribed to your blog via email and I love it.
    Thanks for the great tips!

57. Anonymous says
    Posted December 4, 2011

I just tried this for my first Christmas party of the year and it totally worked! My hair doesn’t usually curl with curling iron but this worked wonders for me. Thank you so much!

58. Margo says
    Posted December 4, 2011

THANK YOU for posting this and for all of your other tutorials! I’ve tried this and it worked awesome…I have gotten tons of compliments!!

59. Anonymous says
    Posted December 8, 2011

Wow this is amazing. I have been referring to this lately for inspiration since I am not very good at doing my hair.
    I have tried curling with the flat iron and its working well, but I was wondering if you have any tips about waving your hair with the flat iron?
    Thanks for the inspiration! πŸ™‚

60. Posted December 8, 2011

My hair is flat and fine and everytime I’ve ever curled it using a round iron, it comes out within an hour of me doing it.

I tried this method and my hair stayed in curls ALL DAY! It looked AMAZING! It was pretty straight forward and simple, just took a bit of time. I’m going to do it again tomorrow!

Thanks for the great video tutorial!

Betsy

61. Anonymous says
    Posted December 11, 2011

your hair is magical i dont understand how it always looks so perfect!!!

62. Anonymous says
    Posted December 27, 2011

Hey Kate! I tried this today and the curls would look great until it got to the very bottom and instead of laying pretty like yours do, they kinda flip and stick out funny?! Any ideas or suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? I’m going to go back and watch the video again and try again tomorrow but today I just kept getting the same result every time I tried. I have SUPER thick, coarse, wavy hair so if you have any tips on how to manage it, that would be great! I’ve always just styled it stick straight with a flat iron so it doesn’t look so huge but I’m going to keep playing with the curls because it looks so pretty on you! πŸ™‚ Thanks! –Lisa

63. Posted December 29, 2011

I’m impressed. I am so all thumbs when it comes to fixing my hair.

64. Anonymous says
    Posted December 31, 2011

I have naturally curly hair already but I love the way your hair looks. My hair is only a little bit more curly than yours looks, but do I really need to straighten it out and then curl it back the way I want? Also any tips for teasing curly hair? I’m worried about doing it but I love the volume. Thanks!!

65. Anonymous says
    Posted January 2, 2012

I am obsessed with your blog!!! Discovered it via Pinterest (all hail that little gem of a site) and I can’t stop going back to it. You teach me how to do my stuck in a rut hair better then anyone and can I say my flat iron curls look so Texas I just looooove it! Being a west coast/ Midwest gal I long for Texas hair! Thank you for your sweet blog and all your amazing tips. Thanks to you I will have amazing hair in 2012. Bless you bless you!!!

Ellie

66. Karen says
    Posted January 3, 2012

Ok so I have to preface all comments from here on out with:
    I mastered the gym ponytail as my everyday look I font have a clue how to apply make up, don’t know how to tease without disastrous results and am too chicken to try amy color of any kind in my hair. I can get up, throw on yoga pants and a tank ,grab a ponytail holder and never once think about a mirror.(I have a 2yo that takes all my energy lol)
    Now after I found Pinterest, this blog and hair products. Wow. I think my hubby will fall over dead, or never let me leave the bedroom….
    πŸ˜‰ THANK YOU KATE! I wish you were closer to Houston πŸ™‚

67. Posted January 8, 2012

Love it!! Am trying it out today πŸ™‚

68. Anonymous says
    Posted January 9, 2012

THANK YOU! my hair is pin straight and i was shocked to find that this worked great even on my hair!! πŸ™‚

69. Posted January 10, 2012

Thanks so much for a video tutorial!! I was always having a hard time doing it with a flat iron without kinks and now I realized I was wrapping it too many times and going too fast. These styles are gorgeous.

70. Anonymous says
    Posted January 11, 2012

i love that your hair styles are always full! whenever i get my hair done they always stick it straight down on my face! love your style!

71. Anonymous says
    Posted January 17, 2012

I love your hair, I was wondering, what brush were you using in this video? Also is the cortex international flat iron an ok flat iron? (it’s ceramic) My hair is thin, soft, and shiny, i don’t really know what texture it is but my hair doesn’t hold a curl from a curling iron very well, is it possible curling with a flat iron would be better for my hair? I don’t use any products other than shampoo and conditioner and an occasional spritz of hair spray in my hair.

72. Jess says
    Posted January 17, 2012

I tried it out tonight.. never been able to use a curling iron before- always get a crimp in it. But this worked very well for me. I had to add a little more twisting action but my hair is much longer than hers, very thick, lots of hair, and naturally curly (or should I say frizzy). I was pretty happy with how it turned out and I can only imagine how good it will look with more practice.

73. Mandy says
    Posted January 21, 2012

MY biggest issue is trying to find the same products you use. My husband is so happy with my hair since i have been watching your videos

74. Mandy says
    Posted January 21, 2012

75. Megan says
    Posted January 21, 2012

Love your blog, Kate! I am always on here looking up different tutorials to do! Do you straighten your hair before you do your different tutorials?

76. Posted January 23, 2012

Thank you so much for this! It’s exactly what I needed. Great tutorial!

Keri

77. Anonymous says
    Posted January 27, 2012

This is great, thanks! (what nail polish are you wearing in this video?)

78. Kirsten says
    Posted February 1, 2012

OK, I’ve always wanted to curl my hair, but I SUCK with a curling iron, so when I watched this tutorial and realized that one can curl their hair with a flat iron, I decided to try it today. My hair is probably a very similar texture to yours and almost the same cut. It was actually fairly easy, and oh my goodness, my hair is beautiful!! The curls are still intact almost 11 hours later too. Everyone at work has been commenting about my hair (I put it in the messy bun/explosion yesterday), and I have been directing everyone to your blog. Thank you for your help! You are so adorable!

79. Anonymous says
    Posted February 1, 2012

Hello. First, may I start off by saying, I love your blog! I found it via pinterest and cannot stop looking through everything! I just have a quick explanation and question for you. I have not tried the flat iron curls as of yet, but I know for a fact my hair does not hold curl from a curling iron at all. I have very fine hair and a TON of it! It’s also pretty long, to the middle of my back. I watched your video on how to use styling powder, and I was wondering, if I use the styling powder prior to curling my hair with the flat iron, do you think it would help to hold the curl better? Thank you so much for putting these videos up. Coming from a person that lacks hair styling know how, they are extremely helpful! Take care, and may God bless you!

80. Melissa says
    Posted February 7, 2012

This comment has been removed by the author.

81. Posted February 7, 2012

My hair never holds a curl for more than an hour or two…and that is when I have sprayed each curl with spray before curling it. I had seen another clip of curling your hair with a flat iron but it was done differently and it left my hair looking unkempt and kinky! I tried this technique today, before going to have family pictures taken, and 8 hours later my hair is still as curly as when I started! It was so easy and I loved how my hair looked afterwards! Thanks so much for sharing and I look forward to trying out some more of your techniques! Keep them comin’!

82. Anonymous says
    Posted February 9, 2012

Loved watching your videos. Going to try the flat iron curling on my daughter tomorrow…wish me luck!

83. Anonymous says
    Posted February 12, 2012

You have great hair! Thanks for showing us how to “attempt” to make our hair look as good as yours!!

84. Julia says
    Posted February 12, 2012

WOOOHOOOO! I threw out my curling iron (it was from 5th grade and I’m almost 27. It was time!) and have been dying to try for some curly locks! I have a TON of superfine aka non curlable hair and curling with a flat iron was what I’ve been looking for. After a few tries, I have a head full of pretty curls that have lasted ALL day without any product! Incredible. You’re a genius, Kate!

85. Posted February 13, 2012

Im having a major issue… the first few times i was able to get a curl but now that im trying to curl hair with flat iron again i cant get it to curl it wants to go straight do you have any idea why?

86. Posted February 21, 2012

Hi Kate, my name is Katie. And, I was wanting to get your opinion on Babybliss Irons…have you tried them before and what do you think of them?! Thanks!!!

87. Posted February 22, 2012

After getting married 9 months ago, i have so unfortunately gained 20 pounds (and am doing my hardest to work it off). this has made my self confidence go down and me not to care that i look clean and polished. Along with this, i wear my hair straight and down all the time because of my lack of self confidence. I was ready to cut my hair from shoulder length to a short chin length bob so i wouldnt have to deal with it nor the boring straightness all the time when i discovered your blog. I cannot wait to try the curls with my flat iron!!!! I have been told my whole life that i have beautiful hair(thick & naturally shiny, brunette with many natural red tones)and many people i know hate to see me cut it! And I believe all of your ideas on here i know will help me to bring out the beauty of my hair (and me) πŸ˜€ Thank you so much!

88. Posted February 26, 2012

Thanks so much for the help with my hair! Your’s is gorgeous!

89. Posted March 1, 2012

You Rock, thanks for the awesome tutorials!

90. Tatum Young says
    Posted March 5, 2012

have you ever tried using a curling wand?! I got one for christmas but I would love to see a tutorial from you about using one!

91. Posted March 24, 2012

I LOVE your hair want to trade????

92. Anonymous says
    Posted March 28, 2012

As a hairstylist myself and someone with fine, hard to curl hair I love these cute tutorials! However, spraying your hair with hairspray is a bad idea as hairspray has plastic particles in it and when they heat you get melted plastic in your hair. Not easy to get out and not at all good for your hair. Use a strong heat styling spray (such as Redken Hot Sets) instead of hairspray. Hairspray over styled hair is good, styling over hairspray is bad.

93. Danniwyse says
    Posted April 1, 2012

I absolutely love all your tutorials!! You make it look so easy and I love all the different styles! How do you get more volume? My hair is pretty thick but I cant get volume around the crown of my head like you have. I’ve tried teasing it, but it doesn’t seem to work. After I have tried teasing it, it has some volume but as soon as I lightly comb through it, it just goes back to being flat on my head.

94. Anonymous says
    Posted April 2, 2012

Love your blogs! I tried curling my hair with the flat iron for the first time….it worked! Thanks

95. Posted April 5, 2012

I curl my hair with a flatiron all the time! It took my a while to figure it out. I had to keep experimenting, but since I know how to do it now and can work kind of backwards using a mirror (and without buning my fingers) it has cut my curling time almost in half!!! My hair is thick and long so the extra hot curling iron (ALWAYS ceramic plates, not just plating!, that heats up to 450 degrees or higher)and the smooth surface helps me do a large amount of curling in a small amount of time and the curls stay in even when it’s muggy! I can also sleep on my hair and still wake up with it being curly!!! If you’ve got the persistance and the skill to use a flat iron, go for it!

96. Anonymous says
    Posted April 12, 2012

Kate,

I have a couple of questions about curlingwith a flat iron. First, Do you recommend using a 1 inch flat iron for this method of curling, or would a 2 inch flat iron work just as well? Second, My hair is just a few inches past my collar bone, and very curly and frizzy, but not as neat as I’d like it to be. Do you think straightening my hair before trying to curl it with the flat iron would make it a bit simpler to curl?

97. Anonymous says
    Posted April 21, 2012

I wish I had your hair!!! I have tried to do some of your styles you post, but it never looks as good as yours:( Im just not good at it….

98. Bobi says
    Posted May 6, 2012

Your hair looks great. My hair never achieves such beautiful curls when I do it. Thanks for the tutorial and pics.

99. Shelli says
    Posted May 16, 2012

OMG, I totally understand the way that you feel about the CHI. Mine broke after 2 years of use and it over time it was not giving me the results that I wanted. I have not read any reviews on the GHD flat irons but by the looks of your hair it must be great.I recently switched to the Paul Mitchell straightener.I have my experience at my website.

I have been curling my hair with a flatiron for years so its cool to see someone else doing it. Keep posting we love it!!

100. Anonymous says
    Posted May 16, 2012

Your hair looks so gorgeous! I don’t know if you have heard of the Heat Cap or not, but I started using it and it curls my hair in only a few minutes. I really love mine! I’m trying to spread the word to others girls. It’s good to share beauty tips :o) If any of you want to check out the video on their website it’s heatcap.com

The video is just a few minutes long and the results are amazing. I couldn’t believe how beautiful all the girls hair turned out!

101. Posted May 27, 2012

I LOVE THIS!! I have naturally wavy hair and for some reason it never holds a curl when I use a curling iron. I tried this and I love it! It was so easy and fast and my hair is still curly and cute πŸ™‚ thanks so much for the video!

102. Katie says
    Posted June 5, 2012

I love this video… I tried it and it started to work and then fizzled out. I have naturally curly hair that’s unpredictable and pretty thin. When trying this, I straightened my hair the night before (it’s how I usually wear it anyways) and then just tried it now and the curls would just not really form. I have the same flat iron, same amount of layers as you… Any suggestions on how to get the curls to hold like yours or should I stick with another method… Never been good with a curling iron either… I think because my hair is just very thin but your straightening video was a definite hit, now I just want a good way to curl my hair too… Do you suggest hair spraying beforehand to help them hold?? THANKS!

103. Anonymous says
    Posted July 6, 2012

I just had my hair cut a lot like yours. I’m looking forward to trying each of the different ways of styling on your tutorials.
    Thanks!

104. Posted July 30, 2012

I watched this I don’t know 6 months ago and everytime I curl my hair this way I get compliments! I still need practice though, and a new flat iron I think. I have a croc flat iron, which is pretty good but it doesn’t have the temp control. I should have paid the extra $ for the one with temp control, darnit! I’ve tried using hair spray before curling, but I find that it’s harder to pull the hair through the iron. Am I damaging my hair by using hairspray first? hmmm…

105. Posted August 17, 2012

Thank you for this tutorial, it was very useful! I have been looking for a really nice tutorial like this. I have loved all of your videos and was delighted to find one on curling hair with a flat iron.
    I had never thought or read of using hairspray before styling hair, so this was an extra plus to the tutorial for the nice information.

106. Rosie says
    Posted August 20, 2012

I am still having trouble with the back of my head, but I finally managed to curl all of my hair! πŸ™‚

107. Posted October 11, 2012

Sigh, I tried and tried this method a million times already and I can’t see mto get it right! Oh well, guess I’ll just keep trying!

108. Chris says
    Posted October 21, 2012

Using a curling iron does take practice but is definitely worth it. It gives you volume and in my opinion gives an elegant beauty that can not be beat. We sell a lot of flatirons on our website and is a must for every woman.

109. Posted November 30, 2012

Hi! I totally love your blog. But like they’ve mentioned before you make this looks so easy. I would have to take off my head to create anything you do, LOL! I also love your hair color. Do you do that on your own too?

110. Posted December 8, 2012

In Point Of Fact the discount rolex watches market for Fake Designer Handbags is really larger than the popular christmas gifts market for genuine branded bags. This is because the majority of cheap omega watches can simply not afford the mad costs at which genuine designer louis vuitton outlet online
    are accessible at. A genuine Louis vuitton bag can cost you up to $800. Yet if you search the hermes birkin kelly handbags inventory of knock off handbags you will have the capacity to get one for less than $100. Now why would you like to cost $700 extra on obtaining a chanel bag online that you can take for much lesser?

111. Jules says
    Posted December 15, 2012

Thank you so much for the tutorial! I gota layered cut this week and the stylist made it curly so I was determined to recreate it! It turned out great! I don’t have a curling iron but might have to invest in one to try, the latest thing in the uk seems to be the ceramic curling wand so not sure if that would be easier to use still! Would be lovely to know what you think! Many thanks again and merry christmas when it comes! x

112. Posted December 18, 2012

I just got the Babyliss pro, would you call that a good flatiron?

113. Posted December 29, 2012

Can you just come style my hair for me everyday?

114. Posted April 4, 2013

I did this today on my hair and after finishing mine looks really frizzy.. Any way to get it smoother??

115. Posted June 16, 2013

what is a good temperature range for the flat iron in this process???????

116. Posted June 24, 2013

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the shout out πŸ™‚ I’ve had a couple of your readers come over and tell me about it. Thanks again!

New follower
    Irene Jennings (Fort Worth Roofing)

117. Posted August 22, 2013

Filmefilme Online Hd, Vizioneaza filme online subtitrate gratis traduse in limba romana la calitate HD, filme hd online

118. Posted February 10, 2014

A round of applause for your blog post.Thanks Again For posting this blog related to best flat iron. Fantastic.

119. Posted February 21, 2014

You do some really awesome hairstyles. I have to try this one with my karmin g3 clipless too but I need to find the time =)

120. Posted March 14, 2014

Wow Awesome your hair…I would love to have this hair straightener
    YSB Trading Inc.

121. Elena says
    Posted March 21, 2014

Wow hair has been curling perfectly with your flat iron. It’s amazing.

122. Posted April 8, 2014

Great hair πŸ™‚

123. Tamara says
    Posted May 6, 2014

I learned alot we have very similar hair and texture! Fantastic.. Thanks for sharing!

124. Sena Steele says
    Posted July 12, 2014

I just watched your hair videos on how to do
    Beach Curls . And I’m in loveeee your hair is so pretty curly
    I just ordered a new flat iron and waiting for it to come in a few days
    Can’t wait to try it out myself and see if it works on mine
    So thank you very much for taking your time out to do a turorial
    I got a lot from it . Via Pinterest

125. Posted July 16, 2014

electronic hookah cigarette Curling with a Flat Iron

126. Posted September 22, 2014

I couldn’t resist commenting. Well written!

127. Posted September 26, 2014

Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it
    to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the
    shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside
    and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
    LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

128. Allie says
    Posted October 24, 2014

I’ll try this Tonight!! I have baby thin hair i’ve tried using a curl iron and the curls wouldn’t stay in my hair even with hairspray! I tried hot roles where they are the little curlers and it wouldn’t wanna stay in…

129. Lakshmi says
    Posted November 29, 2014

Hey Kate, Thanks for the great tutorial. Definitely giving it a shot today. And your hair is so pretty when curly !!

130. aaa says
    Posted January 12, 2015

Thanks for sharing such a pleasant thought,
    post is good, thats why i have read it entirely

131. aaa says
    Posted January 14, 2015

Yes! Finally something about a.

132. aaa says
    Posted January 14, 2015

This is the right site for anyone who would like to understand this topic.

You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a new spin on a subject that has been written about for ages.
    Wonderful stuff, just great!

133. aaa says
    Posted January 14, 2015

Since the admin of this web page is working,
    no doubt very soon it will be renowned, due to its feature
    contents.

134. aaa says
    Posted January 14, 2015

If you are going for finest contents like me, just pay a quick visit this web site everyday since
    it gives feature contents, thanks

135. aaa says
    Posted January 14, 2015

Hello to every body, it’s my first pay a visit of this website; this
    weblog carries awesome and genuinely fine stuff designed for visitors.

136. Posted January 21, 2015

Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve visited this web site
    before but after browsing through many of the
    articles I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking
    back regularly!

137. Kate says
    Posted February 11, 2015

Best I have ever used is the Karmin

138. angelamilburn says
    Posted July 22, 2015

I really like my Karmin =D

139. Zeljka says
    Posted August 16, 2015

Curls won’t stay. I’m so sad. My hair is fine, I used hot tools 1 1/4 inch curling iron. It curs nicely, but after 10 minutes, all the work falls flat.

140. lorrainejennings says
    Posted September 2, 2015

I really like my Karmin

141. Jill says
    Posted December 19, 2015

I love this post! Can I ask, do you hear products in your hair prior to curing?
    If so, what?

142. Sandra says
    Posted March 17, 2016

amazing post i like it so much