Everyday Shampoo + Conditioner Duos
Don’t Sleep on this Sale, but DO sleep on these sheets
Sometimes you need a shampoo and conditioner reset, and I’ve rounded up a few great options to explore.
01. Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner– I’ve been using the hydrate conditioner on and off for years. I love the minty smell and it hydrates my hair so well without leaving any kind of waxy build-up. The shampoo is perfect for anyone looking for regular hydration and softness in their hair.
02. Amika Normcore Sulfate Free Shampoo and Normcore Hydrating Conditioner– I love Amika products and their Normcore duo is perfect for a straightforward shampoo and conditioner. It’s going to clean the hair well, and leave it feeling soft too!
03. Bumble and Bumble Thickening Volume Shampoo and Conditioner– a great option for anyone with hair on the finer end of the spectrum. This will add nice volume and thickness to the hair. It’s not overly hydrating, nor does it claim to be, so make sure you add in a weekly deep conditioner mask as well.
04. Verb Ghost Shampoo and Ghost Conditioner– not only are these at a great price point, but they are perfect for a simple shampoo and conditioner. It doesn’t claim to do anything terribly dramatic to your hair, but it will certainly clean it well and leave it feeling lightly hydrated when you’re finished.
05. Virtue Full Shampoo and Conditioner– these are great for adding the feeling of thickness to the hair. If your hair is lifeless or very thin, this duo will give your hair a nice boost!
06. Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Invisible Oil Shampoo and Conditioner – another great everyday option for anyone who is looking for hydration and softness, but maybe doesn’t need something as strong as Pureology Hydrate!
Thank you so much for this. I’ve been looking for a new shampoo and conditioner.
Some of these surprised me. I was expecting you to include the Living Proof brand.
It’s been years since I’ve used Living Proof! I liked some of their products, but I haven’t used them in awhile!
I recently tried Amika’s humidity spray at your recommendation. It’s amazing. I’m trying their shampoo as well and living it so far. Thanks for the recommendation!
Any thoughts on the pureology hydrate light for finer hair?
That could be perfect for you!
Great roundup! I know you can mix and match shampoos and conditioners, but how do you know which ones to pair. Like if I need hydration and volume, do I use a volumizing shampoo and hydrating conditioner? Or could I do a hydrating shampoo and volumizing conditioner?
You can definitely mix and match!
Thank you! This is so timely, winter is coming and I suddenly have dry hair but scalp is oily (never had this in my life) as I moved to the NYC area. Which of these would you recommend for color-sustaining, yet oil control?
Are any/all of these color safe?
If you click on any of the links, you’ll be brought to the product website. That is where you could quickly find the answer to your question. In general, most professional level shampoo and conditioners besides clarifying ones (although this isn’t always the case…) are color safe.
This is helpful!! Any tips for oil control (new onset) that will preserve color?
Are all of these options safe for color treated hair?
So helpful! I get so overwhelmed with what shampoo and conditioner to use. I already use Pureology Hydrate; so, this helped reinforce my choice and stop me always looking for an alternative.
Thank you! Which would you recommend for long, wavy, kind of course, and a bit dry at the ends hair?
Are these all color safe?
Are all of these safe for color treated hair?
Hi Kate!! Love your blog and following you on Instagram, you seem genuine and down to earth!! How often do you recommend switching up your shampoo? I’ve been using Pureology for a couple years now and still love it, but I have heard it’s good to rotate or switch now and then.
Hi! Are these safe for colored hair and also itchy dry scalp at the same time?
Any suggestions on a good shampoo for oily hair? My 12 yo needs something new.
Hi Kate! What would you recommend for color treated hair?
What are your thoughts on Bumble & Bumble curl shampoo/ conditioner?
Are you not loving the function of beauty brand still?
Any drugstore recommendations? I’m not willing to pay $60-$80 for a set of shampoo and conditioner.
Did you check out the Verb products? Their price point is not $80.
Do you think the virtue shampoo and conditioner is good for color treated blondes? Or should I go w the purology? I want the thickening of the virtue but am curious if it damages color. 🙂
Thank you so much for this blog post! Reinforced my recent purchases during the Sephora sale of Amika and Purelogy products.
Any recommendations for shampoo and conditioner for oily hair?
Volumizing shampoos typically do a good job at combatting oil, so give one of those a try!
Any thoughts about R+Co brand? My stylist has started carrying it.
I have hoped for awhile that you’d do an updated shampoo and conditioner post! I have been a cult user of the Pureology for years since you shared it and I rotate it with “normal” shampoo and conditioner but needed something new. Amika it is! ❤️
Thanks – this was the exact post I was looking for – I’ve used Pureology Hydrate for a couple of years now. Looking for some different options – appreciate it!
I recently bought the virtue shampoo for thinning hair that you recommended but Ie as curious if you recommend the conditioner too or what you would pair with it. Thanks K8!
Could you please maybe add options that DON’T have coconut in them. I am desperate to find a good shampoo and conditioner that you recommend that doesn’t have coconut in it or avocado please!
Is it ok mix and match these products? For example…the Bumble&Bumble volume shampoo with another conditioner for hydration?
How does Nexxus measure up? I see it at target all the time and like the hair mask.
I am looking for a color conserve shampoo and conditioner – any suggestions?
I keep returning to this list! Just finished the Amica duo and was ready for something different, trying Verb next! Thanks!