Top 5 Hairsprays

I remember the first time I sprayed White Rain on my hair when I was working a temp job at a metal production company. My hair was messed up from the headset I had to wear, and I grabbed the white rain sitting in the bathroom and sprayed.

Small beads of crispy liquid flung out of the bottle and coated my hair. I couldn’t even brush through it with my fingers!

And that is when I knew–hairspray can be realllllly wrong, or really right. Find a few of my favorite hairsprays below!

No 1. Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray – this is another more firm hold option and can also be forgiving like the Kenra Volume 25.

No 2. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Soft Texture Finishing Spray – the lightest of all, but great for loose and beachy waves.

No 3. Amika Fluxus Touchable Hairspray – this is such a great flexible option for those who like a looser hold. It’s lightweight and smells really nice.

No 4. Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish Texture Spray – this is a rather loose hold but adds a really nice texture to your hair. If your curls mesh together, try using a texture spray like this to give them a little definition!

No 5. Kenra Volume 25 – my absolute favorite for almost 20 years! It’s a strong hold while still being brushable and flexible. Layers beautifully too!

In this post:

1. Shauna Schwab says
    Posted September 23, 2021

I’ve been using Kenra 25, per your recommendation and I love it!

2. Caroline says
    Posted September 23, 2021

Ha!! Love this. For years I was only using “Final Net” because that’s all mom would buy (old lady smell, anyone?) now I’m a Kenra 25 gal for over a decade, thanks to a certain small things blog.

3. Ashley says
    Posted September 23, 2021

White Rain! Wow, what a throw back. That and Rave and AquaNet. Love amika products. Thanks for the recommendations!

4. Emily says
    Posted September 23, 2021

I love the Amika Fluxus Hairspray but it is constantly clogging on me! I thought it was the particular bottle I had at first but every one since clogs too, and I’ve read a lot of reviews saying saying same. I still use it because I love it, just don’t understand why this particular Hairspray clogs constantly!

5. Julia says
    Posted September 23, 2021

Have you ever tried Freeze It? It’s been my go-to for years! Every time I try something different I always end up going back to it.

6. Deirdre says
    Posted September 23, 2021

What drugstore hairsprays do you recommend? Would love to see some reviews!

7. Kelley says
    Posted September 23, 2021

White rain was the choice of my mom growing up. I can picture it in my head lol. She was a delta flight attendant had to be super polished and that was like her aqua net she twisted her hair back put in a little snood and sprayed the crap out of her hair nothing was out of place on my mamas head.