Top Concealers (for blemishes and under eye!)

A good concealer can help cover even the worst facial offenders. I have a certain formula that I like for covering dark spots or blemishes, and then a different formula for under my eyes that offers a bit more of a natural, radiant coverage! See my favorites below. . .

Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer – I’ve used this for years and years. It’s wonderful for covering blemishes, dark spots, etc. I used to use it under my eyes but I don’t anymore and mainly use it for problems I’m trying to cover!

NARS Creamy Concealer – it’s a no-nonsense, simple to use, always works, never too much concealer. It’s pretty much the holy grail. If you could only choose ONE concealer from the bunch, it would be this one.

Tarte Shape Tape Ultra Creamy Concealer – this formula is great! I didn’t love the original Shape Tape but the creamy version provides excellent coverage and doesn’t crease!

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer – absolutely love the formula of this concealer. It brightens SO well! I hate the applicator. I feel like so much product is wasted and I hate that I cannot clean the tip.

Nars Soft Matte concealer – a really nice pot concealer, though runs a bit thick. Great for aligning well with full coverage, matte foundation.

My personal favorite way to blend in a concealer is with my fingertips because the warmth of my finger helps soften the formula nicely! Second to that, I’ll reach for a beauty blender to press the product in.

P.S. If you enjoyed this post, you may also like my round-up of medium coverage foundations!

In this post:

1. Lauren says
    Posted April 13, 2021

Hi Kate!
    Which one do you wear on light makeup days? In your IG stories, you mentioned that even the Nars one would be too heavy for a day when only wearing a tinted moisturizer.

Posted April 13, 2021

I’d go for the radiant creamy concealer!

2. Posted April 13, 2021

Thanks for the recommendations! ❤️✨

3. Sarah says
    Posted April 13, 2021

For the sake of argument, I would think the wand applicators are less sanitary than the CT one? With the wand, if you are applying it to your face, you’re then sticking the wand back in the packaging and “contaminating” the rest of the product (I put contaminating in quotes because I personally think it’s fine unless you have specific skin bacteria concerns). At least with CT the product in the container doesn’t get contaminated? Idk, just some food for thought! 😆

4. Sherry says
    Posted April 13, 2021

What shade do you wear in thr NARS creamy concealer?

5. Karen says
    Posted April 13, 2021

With the Charlotte Tubury concealer I use a separate brush to take the product from the concealer head brush to my face, so that doesn’t touch my face at all and therefore doesn’t need cleaning, as I clean the separate brush.

6. Carol says
    Posted April 14, 2021

Hi Kate, So, which one do you recommend for under-eye dark circles? Is it the Nars Creamy Concealer? I have DARK under eye circles that are impossible to cover… Thanks in advance!

7. Victoria says
    Posted April 14, 2021

Kate, where can I get the white tank your wearing in stories?? I love it!!!

8. Jen says
    Posted April 14, 2021

Which shade do you wear in the Tarte Shape Tape Ultra Creamy?

9. Nicole says
    Posted April 15, 2021

Can you please name the colors of each concealer you use? Thank you.

10. Posted August 4, 2021

Hi, thanks for your above blogs. I like your blogs very much.