Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake

I hosted a small brunch with a few friends earlier this month as an intentional way to make sure we got some time together before the holiday rush!

I was searching pinterest for some recipes and came across this lemon blueberry breakfast cake. It looked amazing and had a ton of great reviews to I tried it!

It was delicious. The lemon zest gave it a really nice lightness and the cake was super moist. Click below for the recipe! I haven’t made anything else from that website but this breakfast cake was a great success!

I found the cute little Christmas dishes at Target when I was Black Friday shopping with my sister. They are from the Opal House collection but reminded us both of a Kate Spade or Rifle Paper Co design so much!

Click below to get the recipe!

Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake

In this post:

1. Posted December 12, 2018

I love lemon cakes! This looks so good, really like the colours of the cake!

2. Jenn S. says
    Posted December 12, 2018

I came across this recipe courtesy Pinterest years ago as well and REALLY love it. I’ve adapted it to make little muffin/cupcake things to bring to the office – they’re decadent. Make it with Sugar in the Raw for a really lovely touch on top.

If you’re feeling festive, swap the blueberries for cranberries and the lemon zest for orange zest. Yum!

Posted December 12, 2018

Sounds delicious!

3. Posted December 12, 2018

That looks really good. The recipe seems easy and she even gives a few great tips at the end. Now if only I wasn’t so lazy to pull out my mixer from way up high in my kitchen cabinet I can maybe try this out. lol 😉

4. Molly says
    Posted December 12, 2018

This is my FAVORITE coffee cake!

5. Kelly says
    Posted December 13, 2018

I just made this recipe from Alexandra’s kitchen, but her variation with cranberries and orange zest – it’s been a big hit so far at our office breakfast! Thanks for the tip!

6. Sarah O says
    Posted December 22, 2018

I’ve made that before, and it’s AMAZING. Too bad the rest of my fam doesn’t enjoy it as much as I do. Means I don’t make it very often. I can’t eat a whole pan by myself. 🙁

7. Michael says
    Posted December 23, 2018

What loveliness! I made it according to the directions… allowed for plenty of cool time and it came out perfect! Thank you so much for this recipe, Kate!

8. Jules says
    Posted December 23, 2018

This was delicious! I made it for my co-workers and they loved it.