The case for the Roadtripper Jeans

I bought my first pair of Madewell Roadtripper Jeans 2017 and as soon as I put them on my body I knew they were going to be a favorite. And they swiftly became the jeans I was most likely to wear all fall and winter long. Sure, I’d wear them in warmer months from time to time, but they honestly were worn at least 3-4 times a week during colder months.

Do you know where the name came from? They actually wore them on a road trip to test them out and that description alone was a big selling point for me because who in their RIGHT MIND would choose to wear jeans on a road trip?!

They are the most comfortable jeans I’ve ever worn.

They are the only jeans I could get back into postpartum, though the very top was a bit tight around my midsection. Since I loved them so much, and had been considering a pair in the longer length for times I wanted a full length jean that didn’t hit at my ankle, I went ahead and added another pair to my wardrobe in a size up. I figured they could get me through until I had shed some baby weight, and if I needed to have them taken in near the waist by my seamstress, I could.

The rise is high but not TOO high, and they have a great amount of stretch without bagging out during the day. The wash can be dressed up or down, and they still look great even after having them for over a year.

I feel like they are a good price point, right at $75.00, that falls between cheaper denim (think Old Navy or LOFT) and high end denim (like AG or Paige). Plus you can bring in an old pair of jeans to madewell to recycle and they’ll give you $20 towards your purchase of full price denim*, knocking that price down to $55.00.

For a pair of jeans that I’m certain you will wear over and over again? That’s a pretty good deal.

Outfit details: jeans, earrings (similar), top, bag, booties

*please click that link and read fine print

1. Posted August 13, 2018

I’ve never heard of the roadtripper jeans before – but dang, I do need a good pair of comfortable jeans! Will check them out! 🙂

2. Erika says
    Posted August 13, 2018

I love my Roadtripper jeans!

3. Amy D. says
    Posted August 13, 2018

YES! Because of your first recommendation a few years ago I finally bought these this summer! I lost 12 lbs and decided to treat myself…when my 15 yo daughter came in the dressing room she said “oh wow, you have lost weight, those look great on you!” SOLD! And I’ve traveled in them….oh so comfortable and worth EVERY penny!!

Posted August 15, 2018

Nice!!

4. Posted August 13, 2018

I’m going to check these out for fall.

5. Lauren says
    Posted August 13, 2018

These are gorgeous and bonus that they are comfortable! I’m convinced by the case for the Roadtripper Jeans.

So do they do they denim recycling all year around? I’ve never heard of this!

Posted August 13, 2018

I would call your local store and ask!

6. Kristi says
    Posted August 13, 2018

I love those jeans! I got my first pair at the portland store last fall after reading your recommendation and they are everything I want in a jean. And I’m tall, and they offer longer lengths. I’d like to try some of their other styles.

7. Erin says
    Posted August 13, 2018

Is that a loopy case? I’ve been back and forth wanting one, but really think I do!

Posted August 15, 2018

It is, yes

8. Michele says
    Posted August 13, 2018

I completely agree! Most of my jeans are Madewell, and the Roadtrippers are my favorite.

9. Michele says
    Posted August 13, 2018

You sold me on Madewell jeans in this post today…just ordered a pair! During the school year I don’t have as many opportunities to wear jeans, so they last a long time. I figure if an economy/Old Navy Jean lasts me a long time, a pair of GOOD jeans will last forever!

10. Posted August 13, 2018

Alright, I’m ready to grab a pair! My all time favorite jeans are going to need to be replaced here soon and I’ll need a new fav!

11. Alli says
    Posted August 14, 2018

My post-baby body NEEDS a high waisted pair of jeans, thanks for the recommendation. And I love when companies have recycling programs. I’m thinking I need to turn in all my pre-baby jeans and get myself a new pair. And that shirt is adorable!

12. Heather says
    Posted August 14, 2018

No petite sizes 🙁

13. Rebecca hines says
    Posted August 14, 2018

Can you tell me, do they run true to size? And I’ve been eyeing them since you mentioned them last time lol, did you do the embroidery??

• Allison says
      Posted August 14, 2018

I ordered some earlier this year, and I ordered one size down. They were a little snug right at first, but stretched out just a little, and now they’re perfect. If I ordered again, I’d definitely do one size down.

Posted August 15, 2018

They run ever so slightly large. And I’m not sure what embroidery you are mentioning!

14. Laura says
    Posted August 14, 2018

You can turn in any brand of jeans?

Posted August 15, 2018

I believe so yes, but call your store and ask to be certain!

15. Sammy says
    Posted August 28, 2018

On a different topic though… ☺️ your phone cover… adore the colour and that ring piece… where is it from?

Posted August 29, 2018

It’s by Loopy case

16. Rachel Tonning says
    Posted August 31, 2018

Thanks for sharing this post, I feel like our body type is very similar, so I always trust your opinion. The comments on the site said to go down from your current size, did you find that to be true? What inseam do you usually go with? Because I see you have them cuffed, I went on a leap of faith and got the tall, because I am a 32″ inseam and do want to be able to cuff them. Anyways, thanks for any further info on sizing!

17. jen says
    Posted October 27, 2018

Hi. Can I ask how tall you are? I’m trying to figure out if I need to go with the short length? Thanks!

Posted October 28, 2018

I’m about 5’5”

18. Jen says
    Posted November 3, 2018

I’d love to try these jeans! I’ve yet to find a pair that comfortable in my price range and I hope these will fit the bill! I need petite though. When I click on your link, they say they’re out of stock. 🙁 I’ve never shopped Madwell. Does this happen often? Will they ever be available again?