Beauty gifts for a new/tired mom
Texturizing Straight Hair
These beauty gifts are really and truly good for ANYONE, but I thought that these things were fun to have around just after having a baby! It wasn’t terribly high on my list to get ready every single day, but even just a little makeup with my hair thrown up in a messy bun helps me feel awake and more like myself. And a few of these products were nice to have around to use while I was getting acquainted with my postpartum body and dark under eye circles.
- This lip balm is fantastic. Not only does it feel great on the lips, but it also leaves the prettiest shimmer of pink behind. I threw it in my bag immediately after I got it so that I could always have it with me.
- This is the only reason my under eye area wasn’t BLACK from lack of sleep. I set my concealer with this loose setting powder and I swear it made me look like I was actually rested.
- Right before I had Emily, I received comments on how my skin looked so glowy. While that could’ve been pregnancy glow or sheer excitement of meeting my third baby, the majority of it was this powder I dusted all over my face after applying my makeup. It’s like an Instagram filter in a powder.
- This texture spray gives my hair a little life on day 1 or day 2…or day 3. Click here to watch a quick video on how I apply it!
- I have several of these in different colors and they were perfect for swiping on when I wanted to look alive without wearing a strong lip color.
- I’ve been wearing my hair up more and these elastics are not only cute, but they hold hair so well!
- The worst thing is when I polish my nails only to find that they are chipping the next day. I typically do gel manicures on myself but with limited time, I’ve turned to Gel Couture – the ONLY polish that will last on me for several days without chipping.
It’s the small things that can lift my mood or bring a little bit of joy to my day, and that’s a lot of the reason why I named my blog what I did. None of these things are necessary, of course, but a new or tired mom in your life may appreciate something special just for her.