My 5 favorite products from ALDI and a recap of my time in D.C
maxi dresses to get you through the summer
I’ve recently partnered with ALDI to share more about the brand and introduce some of you to this awesome grocery store. I grew up going to ALDI because there was a location right by my home. I remember noticing that it was different than other grocery stores, and very specifically remember the act of putting a quarter in the slot on the shopping cart in order to get a cart.
There is an ALDI in Cary that I would see when I was driving over to the other side of town, and whenever my mom was with me in the car, she would tell me about how great the prices were at ALDI. She also mentioned how good the guacamole is, which I have yet to try!
If you have never been before it looks like a pretty regular grocery store from the outside, but you’ll notice there aren’t any shopping cart corrals in the parking lot. And when you enter, the store is laid out a little differently than a typical grocery store.
ALDI focuses heavily on keeping their costs down by keeping things simple. For example, a lot of the food is stacked in boxes, though still very easy to access and shop. You have to insert a quarter into a shopping cart to use it, and then upon returning the cart, you’ll receive your quarter back. You need to bring your own bags too, which is one of those things that requires one extra step but makes so much more sense in the long run. I now have a stash in my car, including a freezer-type bag for my ALDI runs.
They have really high standards for their food, but you won’t see the typical grocery store details within ALDI prices. For example, a dozen eggs at my ALDI is $0.66. FOR A DOZEN EGGS. I know.
On a separate note, Justin and I recently took a deep, deep dive into our spending and I got to see firsthand how much I spend at the grocery store. I was shocked and am now trying to be much more thoughtful with my spending habits on food!
You may have seen on Instagram that I was recently in Washington, D.C. with ALDI and a few other influencers at a really fun private dinner. The chef prepared a 6 course meal for us, using ALDI food! It was such a fun way to not only experience a fancy dinner with a sommelier pairing wine with every course, but also to try and be inspired by food offerings found at ALDI.
Everything was so delicious! The only thing I didn’t try was the salmon because I don’t eat fish, but that was probably the one that the majority of the people at my table raved about. My favorite dish was the Bolognese, I could have easily had two servings!
After I returned home from the event, I shopped for my own dinner party that I was hosting the following day. I was genuinely inspired, and wanted to create a menu that would highlight a bunch of different offerings from ALDI!
Blog posts about the dinner party will be coming soon, but today I’m just going to leave you with 5 of my favorite things that I’d discovered at ALDI.
- SimplyNature Kids Chocolate Animal Cookies. I usually keep a stash of snacks in the diaper bag or my purse, and my kids love animal cookies!
- All I have to show for the wine are the corks! We drank two bottles of Broken Clouds wine and while I’m not a huge wine drinker and tend to go for white wine, I loved this red.
- As you can see, I’ve nearly killed this entire package of Specially Selected Dark Chocolate Covered Sea Salt Caramels. I prefer milk chocolate but these are dangerously good. You’ve been warned. This has to be my favorite discovery from ALDI so far!
- I chose a spicy kale + quinoa salad for one of the salad options at my party for the protein and also the Kale. I’m trying to learn to like kale, and I have to say the salad was delicious.
- SimplyNature Apple Squeezies are a hot item in my home for both boys. David pounds one in under a minute, and Luke likes to work on them a little bit slower, but either way I love having them as a healthy snack alternative for the boys!
If you haven’t been to ALDI yet, I would definitely check it out. You can’t beat the prices, and it’s a small enough store that you can be in and out in no time! I’ll be sharing all the recipes I used from my dinner party soon.
This post was sponsored by ALDI, all opinions are my own.