What do you do during an evening to yourself?
Love Your Skin This Summer
I can’t decide whether or not I’m an introvert or an extrovert, I just know that I love being with people but I also love alone time. I probably lean on the extroverted end of the spectrum, compared to my sister for example, but I love a good night at home with nothing to do, as well.
So, if my husband is traveling or tied up with something, and I have the evening to myself, here are some of my favorite things to do.
First of all, the absolute first thing I would do is change into the joggers I wear almost every single day and a loose open sweater. Comfort is key. Next, I would likely cut up some strawberries or gather some raspberries in a bowl and scoop a bit of cool whip into the side for dessert. Finally, I would do one or all of the following, depending on how early I got started!
- A face mask. Here are some of my favorites!
- Polish my toe nails. While I love a neutral manicure, I typically go for something a bit brighter on my toes. Anything orange or coral has been a favorite lately!
- Listen to a podcast or watch an episode of Jimmy Fallon on Hulu. I have loved the Stuff You Should Know podcast! It’s two dudes talking about any random topic. I don’t know if you know this about me, but I happen to dominate at Cranium, the board game, because I’m full of really random information. This podcast is only expanding my knowledge. The most interesting so far was learning about Lizzie Borden, or even Dark Money.
- Sort through my clothes. I wear a lot of the same kind of thing so I always feel like I can donate more of the unworn things in my closet. I like regularly sorting through the things that I no longer like, or ones I know I won’t wear again, to avoid a collection of clothes that just takes up space in my closet.
- Read a magazine. The only magazine I subscribe to is Real Simple. It was such an honor to be asked to create tutorials for their .com a few years ago; did you ever see them? I love the variety in content from the magazine, and always try to find some time in the month to sit and read through it.
Are there a few routine things you like to do during an evening in by yourself? Do you indulge in a sweet treat, take a bath, or do something practical with your time?