Rebecca’s Banana Bread

SAMSUNG CSC

My friend Rebecca has many talents. She’s a baker, photographer, a mother, a wife, an olympic weight lifting coach, and the list could go on and on.

But more importantly, she’s also the one that gave me the recipe to make the perfect banana bread.

Have you ever made banana bread that ends with a burnt outside and totally gooey and undercooked inside? Me too. And you won’t have that issue with this recipe, I assure you!

Rebecca’s Banana Bread

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 eggs, beaten well

2 cups flour

1 tsp vanilla

4 tbsp milk

1 tsp baking soda

3 ripe bananas, smashed

1 stick melted butter

Cream together the sugars and egg. Add flour, vanilla, milk, baking soda, and mix well! Mix in bananas and finally the melted butter.

Bake at 325 for 1 hour.

Enjoy!!

Two more of my favorite recipes: JoAnna’s baked oatmeal and my mom’s homemade caramel corn.

1. sara says
    Posted March 31, 2016

I’ve been making a lot of banana bread lately. Anytime, our bananas start to get a little too brown for our liking, I whip up a loaf of banana bread and put in the freezer. I found a tropical banana bread recipe online (with crushed pineapple and coconut) and a chocolate chip banana bread recipe (my favorite).

However, it did take me several tries to get it just right. We purchased a new home about three months ago and the oven overcooks everything. I found that if the recipe says bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees, I need to pull it out about 10-15 minutes early, do the toothpick test, and it’s usually done. One of these days, we’ll get a new oven, but until then, I’ve learned how not to burn everything.

• Megan says
      Posted March 31, 2016

I moved into a house with an old oven and had such trouble I bought a thermometer! It was crazy because it was not being consistently over 25 degrees, sometimes it was under by 10.

Would you share your tropical one with the pineapple and coconut? That sounds delicious!

2. Andrina says
    Posted March 31, 2016

Funny you should post this, I just picked up bananas this,week for this very purpose! May have to try this recipe. (Seriously, Olympic weightlifting coach?!)

And how good does the other mentioned recipe that adds pineapple and coconut sound!

3. Leigh Ann says
    Posted March 31, 2016

Try adding blueberries, Kate! Banana bread with blueberries is my favorite

• Vanina says
      Posted April 1, 2016

I add wlnuts to my banana bread to make it even more yummy!!!!
      Vanina

4. DTOlsen says
    Posted March 31, 2016

I know just the Rebecca you’re talking about! Small world! I went to college with her husband. 🙂

5. Tammy says
    Posted March 31, 2016

Thanks for the recipe. I just wanted to tell you I love your Snapchat’s! My girls are now 16 and 12 and I’ve been a stay-at-home mom the whole time and your videos bring back memories. I also wanted to tell you that you seem like a fabulous mom to your boys and you’re doing a great job!

6. Posted March 31, 2016

This looks yummy:) My mom has a chocolate chip banana swirl bread that is super delicious 🙂

7. Elesha East says
    Posted March 31, 2016

There is also a recipe for Kona Inn banana bread online that is da bomb!!! My grandmother made that her go to recipe when she made banana bread. Soooooo stinkin’ good!!!

8. Susan says
    Posted March 31, 2016

Oh YUM YUM!!!

9. Susan says
    Posted March 31, 2016

That Marc Jacobs corrector stick is just genius packaging!!

• Susan says
      Posted March 31, 2016

OOps,

10. Evelina says
    Posted March 31, 2016

I love baking banana bread with old bananas! I have a recipe that was given to me from my mother-in-law and it has never failed me!!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

11. Posted April 1, 2016

Perfect timing. I have bananas that need to be made into bread.

12. Tanya says
    Posted April 1, 2016

Kate, would love to see you post some healthier recipes. These look great, but as a mother who is still wanting to lose some of my baby weight, I’m trying to stick to more mindful food options. Not sure if you’re interested in that, but just a thought!

xx

13. Ricardo says
    Posted April 1, 2016

Try adding some chopped walnuts.

14. Emily says
    Posted April 1, 2016

I made this recipe yesterday and it’s delicious! I can’t stop eating it. It would be great with some walnuts or chocolate chips added! Next time, I’ll try that.

• Ricardo says
      Posted April 1, 2016

My mother made this bread this way (with walnuts) when I has a kid (don´t ask how many years ago) I still remember that I ate the full thing in one afternoon!

15. Tara says
    Posted April 1, 2016

Can you use almond milk?

16. Sarah Lynn says
    Posted April 1, 2016

I just made this recipe this morning and it turned out not fully done and a mess 🙁

Posted April 1, 2016

Really? I used to always mess up banana bread but I’ve never had a problem with this one!

• Janet Smith says
        Posted April 9, 2016

I made this banana bread recipe this afternoon. The picture posted shows it being baked in a loaf pan. When I mixed all the ingredients, I felt the loaf pan would be too small, so I used a square pan (Pampered Chef stoneware). I did add a cup of pecan pieces. It came out so delicious!!

• Lisa says
      Posted April 1, 2016

I’ve had to play around with my oven, because the bottom and outsides would be cooked to a dark brown, but the middle would still be mushy. I’ve found that turning my oven down 10-15 degrees and cooking for about 5-10 mins longer helps! Perhaps my oven is just a bit hotter than the average. Hope this helps!

• Nora says
      Posted April 5, 2016

I had the same problem, Sarah. I’m cooking it now, and I’ve just put it back in the oven after an hour and half!

17. Bogi says
    Posted April 2, 2016

Thank you Kate it’s really delicious! 🙂 I’ve never tried banana bread, and I rarely use American recipes (I’m European and kind of struggle with the ingredients and the measuring units), but this was easy and a very nice start to be a little braver in the future. 🙂

18. Kim says
    Posted April 2, 2016

I just made the recipe as muffins and they are perfect! I used both paper and foil cupcake liners in a muffin tin. I lightly sprayed the liners with a non-stick baking spray (Pam). I baked them at 325 degrees for 28 minutes. They are delish! The tops are crunchy and the bottoms are a wonderful consistency.

I wasn’t sure if the brown sugar should be packed so I went ahead and packed it in the measuring cup!

Thanks for a great recipe that my picky 13-year old son just devoured.

19. Mel says
    Posted April 2, 2016

This looks and sounds amazing!! Perfect for breakfast!!

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com

20. Ashley says
    Posted April 4, 2016

I made this recipe yesterday and added chocolate chips. IT IS SO GOOD! I like banana bread, but LOVED this banana bread. My husband even went nuts for it. Now I just need my green bananas to ripen quickly so I can make another loaf! Thanks for sharing this!

21. Posted April 4, 2016

This look so simple and delicious, thank you! I have several bananas in the freezer waiting to be turned into bread. XO

22. Julie says
    Posted April 5, 2016

I made this Sunday and it was a hit! I sprinkled unsweetened shredded coconut on top before baking and used Splenda’s brown sugar blend blend. Thanks!

23. Ashli says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I have a slight obsession with Bananas. I always say, “It always starts with three ripe bananas.” You know, just sitting on the counter like, “Are you going to throw me away or make something?”

I have multiple recipes including my favorite – Banana Bread Blondies! Yum.

• Ricardo says
      Posted April 6, 2016

If you are obsessed with bananas try “bananas with dulce de leche”. Most supermarkets in USA carry authentic “dulce de leche” from Argentina.

24. Courtney says
    Posted April 6, 2016

I tried this recipe yesterday… So delicious!!!! Thank you for posting!! I got rid of a bunch of my frozen bananas 🙂

25. Koko says
    Posted April 15, 2016

One of my favorite things to bake! You are sweet to share your recipe. Best to you! Koko:)

26. Lonny says
    Posted June 17, 2016

I have been making banana bread for almost 50 years. I don’t know when it changed but my banana bread used to have a darkish marbling resembling seeds. Now my banana bread is more refined, a little less texture and more bland flavor. Same recipe, what changed?

• Ricardo says
      Posted June 17, 2016

Do you always use the same flour (type and brand)?

27. Sabrina says
    Posted September 2, 2017

How much is “one stick of melted butter”?

Posted September 3, 2017

1/2 cup

28. Andrea says
    Posted October 6, 2017

Yummmm! I use sour cream in mine and add frozen cranberries to it once the fall season hits. Will have to try this version too!