Anyway, we enjoyed our time together, and perhaps in the future we’ll live in the same state, but regardless of proximity she’s still my gurl.
And I thought about just guessing her answers to my little 5 things interview because I know her better than she knows herself, but as it turns out the only thing I would have gotten right is the Portillo’s thing. Can I get an amen, midwesterners?
1. If you’re ever in Chicago or fortunate enough to live in one of the few other states that has Portillo’s, you MUST order a chocolate cake shake and enjoy every last drop. It tastes even better if it happens right after you make your New Years resolution to get in shape. Trust me.
2. You NEED to watch the show Parenthood. Although it’s currently in its farewell season (on NBC), it is the best show I have ever seen on television. I’ll be crying one second and laughing the next. I find it highly relatable and a show that just about anyone would enjoy. Also, I want to be a Braverman. #goodbyeweekend #bingewatching
3. If you live in or ever travel to a place that is cold, you should definitely own a pair of SOREL boots. I’ve gone through quite a few winter boots in my day (that’s life in the Midwest) and my SOREL boots are the warmest and most comfortable, for sure. Add them to your Christmas list for this year. You won’t be disappointed.
4. I know people can be picky about mascara, but you must try Covergirl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara. I’ve been using it for probably 8 years and swear by it. On second thought, keep away. I don’t want it to sell out. (Just kidding – try it!)
5. At some point in your life, you must drive through the Blue Ridge/Smoky/Whatever other Mountains (spanning across North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee) in the fall. I’ve made that road trip a couple times and it is so beautiful to see the rolling mountains with the leaves in every color. You can even make a pit stop into Asheville, which is beautifully surrounded by mountains and millions of trees. Seriously, it’s worth it.
Totally agree with you about Portillos. There’s simply nothing like it. Thanks for the interview sis!