5 Things to Do/Try/Buy with Jordan Maunder
Jojo, as I like to call her, is not only my go-to photographer but she’s become a dear friend of mine as well. We have a similar dry sense of humor, so there’s usually a lot of laughter and sarcasm when the two of us are together.
She’s taught me a lot about photography and also many things about Star Wars (like what a padawan is). The biggest disappointment I have in our friendship is that she doesn’t eat sugar so I can’t bake delicious treats for her. That’s one of the ways I love people–through food.
Maybe one day she’ll eat sugar again, but until then let’s read her 5 things:
1. You must read Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed. You’ll find some of the most moving words ever written in these pages.
2. You must watch Interstellar (and have tissues on hand).
3. You must buy some coconut oil. You can cook sweet potatoes, remove your makeup, condition your hair, whiten your teeth, and smell like a cookie in one fell swoop.
4. You must try Benefit’s Gimme Brow. It’s so easy, fuss free, and makes the biggest difference in framing your face!
5. You must go on a long road trip by yourself. You’ll feel refreshed and centered after 6+ hours of driving, daydreaming, and belting out the Rent soundtrack.
Totally agree about the Rent soundtrack. And Justin would agree as well. He has a history of being in musicals. And when I say being in musicals I mean being the lead roll pretty much 100% of the time. He’s an anomaly to me sometimes.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your 5 Jojo! I own that book, I just need to find a minute in the day to read it!