Warm Winter Glow

warmwinterglow-3

Justin and I are going on a day date soon to see Wicked at the DPAC! I can’t wait!

I thought I’d use that as the perfect excuse to get a little bit glammed up from the usual, and I filmed a tutorial for the look as well!

My favorite part is the glowing cheek highlighter used as blush. It’s perfect to add warmth without using bronzer.

Arbonne kindly sent me some products to play around with since I’ve been such a huge fan for so many years. I don’t sell it so I thought it may be helpful to hear an “outsider” opinion on the stuff from a non-representative.

Honestly, I straight up love their products so I’m not actually sure why I don’t sell it, but perhaps one day. The baby wash and baby lotion? Holy moly David smells like a tiny angel after his bath.

Products used (in order of appearance):

fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream with Super 7 Complex

Arbonne Makeup Primer

Mac Paint Pot in Painterly

Arbonne Victoria Lake palette (Sadly sold out! I’m sorry! I seriously hate when that happens.)

this blush in apricot would be a pretty alternative to the cheek highlight I used. Other options would be Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Glow in light, or Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light.

-grey dupe: Indigo by Arbonne, brown dupe: Java by Arbonne, and Moss by Arbonne (mix with a bit of Indigo to soften the green)

Shu Uemura lash curler + Lash Blast Mascara (also used Tarte’s Best in Faux lash fibers and finished with Mac’s Zoom Fast Black Lash)

Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum in shade Soft Blush

Anthropologie Tinted Lip Treatment in Swans

Arbonne sheer moisture lipstick in Sunset, dupe: Tarte Lip Surgence in Moody, Stila Lip Glaze in Sugar Plum

warmwinterglow-2

I’d love to see your take on the “warm winter glow” tutorial. Tag me on Instagram if you post a pic! And use hashtag #smallthingsbeauty!

1. Rachael says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Loved the video, that foundation looks amazing! The areas you said are sun spots look like they may be melasma, it worsens during pregnancy and fades away after delivery. You definitely have the pregnancy glow 🙂

Posted January 6, 2015

oh! well that gives me hope!

• Daphne says
        Posted January 6, 2015

I was thinking it was melasma too and it will definitely fade after you have the baby. You look beautiful and thanks for the video!!

• Krissy says
        Posted January 14, 2015

Try adding Arbonne’s Genius Nightly Resurfacing Pads to your skin regime after baby comes. My clients have had a lot of success with pigmentation issues using this vegan retinoid 🙂

2. Silvia says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Hi Kate, I used to have the same dark spots. My doctor said it’s not just the sun, it’s also a hormonal thing. What helped me is the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. I’m from Germany, but they sell it in the US too: http://www.sephora.com/even-better-clinical-dark-spot-corrector-P257535.

thank you!!

• Amber says
        Posted January 6, 2015

Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar works well too. I had a huge spot on my forehead while pregnant with #2 and a little lemon juice cleared it up. Gotta love baby hormones!

3. Sheila says
    Posted January 6, 2015

what was the name of the brow pencil you used in this video/tutorial?

Posted January 6, 2015

Anastasia Brow Pencil in taupe!

4. Kate says
    Posted January 6, 2015

I LOVE Arbonne too! I sell so it makes my heart so giddy to know you love it as well! You look gorgeous! Love the tutorial!

5. Devon says
    Posted January 6, 2015

I really love when you film a tutorial. It’s always refreshing to see how others apply makeup differently. That foundation is incredible. How did you determine your color match?

• Amber says
      Posted January 6, 2015

If you contact an Arbonne rep, they will help do a color match. Most likely, they will provide you with a sample to try. I just went through this!

6. Mindy says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Great video! Please share the brand of brushes you used! I especially like the blush brush. TIA

7. Posted January 6, 2015

I am going to see Wicked today!! SO excited!!

8. Taylor Meincke says
    Posted January 6, 2015

you have such pretty skin, what foundation are you currently using?

The one I used in the tutorial, by Arbonne, is what I use daily 🙂

9. Jenny says
    Posted January 6, 2015

You look beautiful! I need to get something like this product that will give me a glow without using bronzer. I feel like I am too pale to use bronzer. Maybe not, but it always scares me when I think of putting some on my pasty skin, haha!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

Posted January 6, 2015

this would be perfect for pale skin!

10. Sarah says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Wicked at the DPAC? Girl, are you from the triangle?? We might need a coffee date!

x Sarah

• Sarah says
      Posted January 6, 2015

I so already knew this — blanked out for a minute! 😉

11. Krista says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Love this look! Olive green is definitely your color. (last photo)

12. Olivia says
    Posted January 6, 2015

I LOVE LOVE this winter look. I have actually been doing something similar lately, so I am absolutely going to watch your tutorial asap. I love a nice glowy winter look that is soft and “angelic” for lack of a better term. You look beautiful as always, have fun on your date.

XO – Olivia
    OliviaRuth.com

Thank you so much!

13. Sarah says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Hi Kate, I’d love some direction on good skin care during pregnancy. This is my first and apparent he has decided that I really neede acne on my chest, back, and in my hairline (YUCK)! Thoughts on face/body products that are safe and work well during pregnancy for acne?

• Leigh Ann says
      Posted January 6, 2015

Try the Tea Tree Facial Wash from The Body Shop. That’s what I had to switch to. I can’t give the green light on the clearing lotion, though, I believe it has Willow Bark in it, which may not be safe during pregnancy.

• Leigh Ann says
        Posted January 6, 2015

Just wanted to add, willow bark is very similar to aspirin, which is the issue 🙂

Posted January 6, 2015

I had a lot of questions when I was pregnant for the first time too, and I’d recommend asking your OBGYN doc! I’d hate to lead you astray and I have zero medical experience 🙂

14. Posted January 6, 2015

I love this tutorial! I’ve been rocking flushed winter cheeks lately with the weather chilling down. I love Pacifica’s Alight Multi-Mineral BB cream to give me a bit of a glow (it has mica in it, so I use it more like a highlighter), with NYX Cream Rouge in Glow on my cheeks. It gives me the perfect “just came in from skiing” flush when blended out. With concealer, mascara, and a sheer lip it’s the perfect understated winter look.

15. Michele says

Kate,
    What were your thoughts on the Arbonne eyeshadows and blush? I missed out on ordering the Victoria Lake Palette but the Garden Palette looks very nice and wanted to know your opinion prior to ordering. I wear the same shade of Arbonne foundation as you and absolutely love it! Their skincare has been the only thing that has helped my acne (even better than Retin A).

Posted January 6, 2015

I really liked them a lot! Good pigment, smooth and buttery. High quality for sure!

16. Tara says
    Posted January 6, 2015

I like when you do videos because it’s nice seeing how you do things, and it’s also nice getting to know your personality more as well. 🙂 Love this look and appreciate your honest feedback on Arbonne. I will definitely be more open minded to them now.

Thank you!

17. April B. says

Hi,
    can you please tell me which products you used for your under-eye? I have serious dark circles and have yet to find the right product to cover them. I have tried under-eye concealers from Lancôme, Clarins, Lise Watier, etc. with no success.
    thanks!

• Megan says
      Posted January 6, 2015

I’m an Arbonne Consultant and I LOVE our Re9 Eye Cream. Works great with undereye dark circles, fine lines around that area, too. I’m religious about using it twice a day. I also use our concealer and I tend to go slightly ligher with concealer to brighten that area! Email me if you’d like to order. columbiaarbonne @ gmaildotcom. Hope that is helpful!

• April B. says
        Posted January 15, 2015

Megan,
        would it be possible to receive some samples to try?
        by the way, I am in Canada.

• Megan says
          Posted January 17, 2015

I can see what I can do! Shoot me an email with your info and I can find out how I may go about getting it shipped directly to you. We definitely have business there:)

18. Adriana says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Love the tutorial, thank you for sharing. Were did you get your green sweater?

19. Amy says
    Posted January 6, 2015

I’ve seen many plays, but Wicked is by far the BEST! You will L.O.V.E. it!

20. Kelli says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Love your tutorials…love Arbonne. Started using it about a year ago following your recommendations and I agree it’s the only foundation I’ve ever used that doesn’t cause breakouts, etc. Anyway…my main question was could you please share the name of the Anthropologie lipstick you initially used…I didn’t see it in your text below and I’m a minimal lip kind of girl and thought the color looked great! Thanks!!!!

21. Megan says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Kate! Oh wow! I love this glowing review of Arbonne! Please let me know if I can help you order anything in the future 🙂 Or pair up for a fun giveaway or even a discount for your readers!

I met you at the last Blissdom in Dallas! I used to live in Raleigh, but now I’m in SC! If anyone needs to order anything, I’d be happy to help out.
    Take Care,
    Megan (homeofharrington on instagram!)

• amyelizabeth says
      Posted January 12, 2015

I was looking for someone I could get some samples from…is that possible through the mail?

22. Megan says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Also–important to note! Arbonne products are completely toxin free. Always consult with a doctor if you’re pregnant or anything, but our products don’t have any parabens, gmo’s, gluten, or mineral oil. They’re all vegan and botanically based!! GREAT ingredients for your body. Pure. Safe. Beneficial!

23. Tiffany says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Welcome back!!! we’ve missed your tutorials

24. Elizabeth Davis says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Has the Sunset lipstick sold out? I can’t find it on the website?

25. Kayla says
    Posted January 6, 2015

I absolutely love when you do tutorials! Always trying to mix up my routine a little, so it’s great to see how you do your makeup. I just blogged about 3 of my favorite beauty products that are amazing and even better budget-wise 🙂 Please check it out if you have a chance. Thank you!

26. Posted January 6, 2015

Love this simple, warm look on you! Definitely going to have to give it a try sometime!

xo,

27. Posted January 6, 2015

I’d been considering the lip treatment in Strawberry, I might go for it now!

28. angela says
    Posted January 6, 2015

You were using buff, right? Switched to soft blush? Why? I have similar coloring and have buff but wonder if soft blush would be better? Thanks!

29. Jennie says
    Posted January 6, 2015

Oh my goodness…you’re just as gorgeous as ever! I went to Ulta to pick up the Philosophy Purity cleanser and Hope in a Jar (they didn’t have the Renewed version) that you recommended for my poor skin, which has been put through the ringer over the last 7 years (during which time I’ve been pregnant and/or breastfeeding nonstop, over the course of 3 kids). So far, it’s love! Thank you for all your awesome recommendations, as always!

30. Zalona says
    Posted January 7, 2015

wow your blog is really inspiring! PLUS amazing photos! 🙂 Keep up the great work! I’m a fan! 🙂

31. Christina says
    Posted January 8, 2015

Hi! Kate,
    Loving all your tutorial and this particular one got me so excited to find that you love Arbonne. I’m an Arbonne consultant here in Canada and I’m loving the producta.
    Is it ok to share your video to our Region Facebook page?

32. Lessye says
    Posted January 8, 2015

You look gorgeous!! As an Arbonne Independent Consultant I just wanted to say thank you for the positive review and kind words (especially coming from someone who doesn’t benefit at all by saying them!). I’ve always loved your hair tutorials, now I’m an even bigger fan 😉 I’ll be sharing this tutorial! Blessings!!

33. Marlene says
    Posted January 8, 2015

Great tutorial! I love it when you do makeup tutorials!
    My one suggestion is that maybe next time, zoom the camera in when you do your eye makeup so I can see what to do in more detail 🙂

Also, can we get an updated skincare routine? I’m struggling with post-acne marks at the moment and was curious if you had any suggestions about that.

34. meagan says
    Posted January 8, 2015

My college roomie used Arbonne products. They always smelled so good!
    -Meg

35. Priscila says
    Posted January 8, 2015

I really like your makeup tutorials. its so simple,easy, soft and natural. That’s my go to makeup look. Not that fake overdone look that I see in so many YT makeup artist today, where they apply tons of products for just one look, that’s not healthy for our skins.

36. Shannon says
    Posted January 8, 2015

I love watching your tutorials! Thank you! Where did you get your green sweater??

Posted January 8, 2015

Thank you! It’s actually dark grey and from Target!

37. Char says
    Posted January 8, 2015

What did you use for your under eye concealer?

• ajobe says
      Posted January 11, 2015

I missed the names of those as well. I believe the correcter was Bobbi Brown, but not sure who the bye bye concealer is by?

38. Elaine says
    Posted January 9, 2015

You look great!

39. Mia says
    Posted January 10, 2015

Is the Arbonne foundation heavy? It seems like great coverage and easy to put on.

40. Posted January 10, 2015

great

41. amy elizabeth says
    Posted January 11, 2015

I am on the hunt for a new foundation and NOTHING I have tried is doing what I want it to do. For years I have had oily/combo skin and 6 months ago I had a hysterectomy (and at a fairly young age, 35) so now my skin is dry and I am struggling with how to best care for this “new” skin I have. I have recently started using the Philosophy renewed Hope in a Jar which I love! I am just stuck with foundation issues. I like a full coverage because I have redness and some acne scarring, so love your look and am now searching for a way to get a sample of this foundation. Also I am looking for a primer that minimizes pores. Please let me know what you recommend or what brand etc I should look at or consider. Thank you so much! BTW I love all of your tutorials, hair etc!

42. Ashley says
    Posted January 17, 2015

What a great video! So happy I stumbled upon your blog. Love your ideas.

xo,
    Ashley from http://www.teajambread.com

43. Aileen says
    Posted January 26, 2015

I love the last lipstick you used but I can’t find it on their website. Do you know if it is sold out?

44. Ellyna says
    Posted January 27, 2015

Love your videos, they’re simple and amazing tutorial for daily make up and hairstyles!
    Best wishes from VietNam

45. Jamie Stafford says
    Posted March 6, 2015

I have recently been following you on Pinterest and am in LOVE with your blog! I especially love that you post many tutorials on short-medium length hair styles. My hair is super thin and fine. It’s easy to style but I must use a lot of product which I wish I could reduce… Also, I try to mimic your makeup as I find it’s so relaxing and just fits everyday life/work.

I love that you also use Arbonne! I am a consultant and am super thrilled to know you use our product, as I am also IN LOVE with their entire line! Do you have any posts/tutorials of just Arbonne products? I would be interested to see how you mix and match it all.

Best wishes!
    Jamie Stafford
    Arbonne ID 13830685

46. Posted December 28, 2015

The reverse regimen from Rodan and Fields is wonderful for the melasma ans sum spots. The eye cream is great too!!