top humidity blockers
DIY gold foil moleskines
It doesn’t take a lot of humidity to ruin a hairstyle. And hair can do many different things in humid climates. Most women struggle with frizz and unruly curls, while others (like me) struggle with limp and lifeless locks.
These are some top humidity fighters that will help keep your style looking as good as possible.
1. KMS Hair Stay. Completely weightless, it’s an aeorosol spray that creates a “shield” from humidity. I spray this on after I finish setting my style. In other words, it’s the last product I use.
2. Redken Real Control Slim Supreme. Also weightless, apply this product on damp hair, before blowdrying, and then glide a pump through dry, styled hair. It’s great for providing a smooth finish and cutting down on frizziness.
3. Garnier Fructis Silk and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray. While I haven’t used this personally, it received great reviews for a humidity-blocking hairspray. Use sparingly! Hairspray, in any form, plus humidity is never a great combo.
4. Redken Outshine. A smooth, thick creamy product that will tame dry, frizzy hair. Apply it midshaft to ends, and make sure to work it through evenly. Not great for fine hair.
5. Redken Sheer Straight. A great alternative to Outshine for fine hair. I love using this product on any texture of hair. It helps straighten your locks as your blow dry.
6. Aquage Finishing Spray. I reach for a lighter hold hairspray on humid days since I know my hair is going to “melt”. The least amount possible will keep my hair from getting sticky.
7. Pureology Super Smooth Smoothing Cream. For exceptionally dry or unruly hair, grab this product. It’s thick, and will really help smooth out even the coarsest texture.