gold-dipped feathers

This DIY is almost embarrasingly simple.

But it’s the kind of thing that is perfect to have around for adding finishing touches to a gift, a place setting, home decor, or practically any other place you want to accessorize with a gold-dipped feather.

I used this craft paint, and some clear glitter I had laying around. I bought the feathers at Michaels.

My sister hung a bunch of these, that she made herself, over her bed and I absolutely love the way it looks.

For now, mine are sitting in that glass box, as shown above, but I’m not afraid to relocate them to other places in my home.

The only place you won’t find them? My hair. Although as I write this that could make for an interesting avant-garde look?

We’ll see.

1. Posted January 30, 2013

So pretty and gives off a fancy feel! Love the gold paint and glitter, you could coordinate this with any look πŸ™‚ Seems easy to create these, I bet children could get in in the fun too!

2. Lex LB says
    Posted January 30, 2013

Beautiful. I like the way you did yours better than hers hung over her bed. Hers look at little more abstract. I like the simplicity of yours! Awesome craft!

3. Posted January 30, 2013

these are fab! I love how you put them over your bed! xo

Posted January 30, 2013

that’s my sister’s bed! and her idea! πŸ™‚

4. Posted January 30, 2013

I may need to steal Lauren’s idea but I love the way your feathers turned out πŸ™‚ I like the glitter you added! Adds just a perfect little amount of sparkle!

Molly from littlebittyprettylife.blogspot.com

5. SH says
    Posted January 30, 2013

I saw this same tutorial on your sister’s blog, and I still love it!

Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

6. Posted January 30, 2013

Love this DIY! I saw Lauren’s post in the magazine and love hers as well. Definitely on my list of to do’s.

Lauren
    My Polished Side Blog

7. Posted January 30, 2013

I love this. My sister in law is coming to visit and we always try to do a craft together. This one looks easy and super cute. Can you give the name or number on the craft paint? I really like that shade.

8. Posted January 30, 2013

Very pretty. And so unique!

9. Posted January 30, 2013

I absolutely love this! Simplicity is really the best decor πŸ˜‰

I will be adding this to my list of things to do! πŸ˜‰

10. Alix says
    Posted January 30, 2013

These are beautiful! I’m definitely adding these onto my next gift to a friend! Thank you!

11. Tiffany says
    Posted January 30, 2013

Beautiful!

12. Karla says
    Posted January 30, 2013

These look so pretty. I’ve been looking for something to spruce up a small space. This looks perfect. Thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚

13. Posted January 30, 2013

Love this idea πŸ™‚

14. Posted January 30, 2013

Wow this is so pretty and simple. Such a great way to lighten up any decor. Love it!

15. Posted January 30, 2013

i think maybe you could be a fancy Pocahontas for halloween next year? no?

16. Posted January 30, 2013

Such a cute, easy idea! The feathers look super cute with the gold and glitter. Thanks for the idea!

xo
    Caroline

17. Alea says
    Posted January 30, 2013

very pretty and simple!

18. Trine says
    Posted January 30, 2013

Very cute idea.

19. Posted January 30, 2013

I saw this on your sister’s blog, they’re really cute! I love that box you put them in.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

20. Posted January 30, 2013

I love this idea! I have been looking for cute but inexpensive decoration ideas. I am also not that crafty, but I feel like I can handle this one lol! Thanks for the tip!

-Allie
    bellasandrabeauty.com

21. Posted January 30, 2013

Pretty DIY but have your cats spied them yet?? I’m worried that my two boys would go on full attack mode to try to eat these lovely feathers…

22. Posted January 31, 2013

Those would be so fancy tied to brown bag wrapping paper as a gift! Love it!

23. Lindsay says
    Posted January 31, 2013

These are SO cute πŸ™‚

24. Posted January 31, 2013

In a bouquet of white roses, lovely

25. Posted January 31, 2013

There’s nothing embarrassing about simple. In fact, when you can create some so nice simply…it’s genius! Thank you for bringing something that I actually CAN do to my attention =)

26. Posted January 31, 2013

What a cute idea!

27. Carrie says
    Posted August 12, 2013

Wow superb idea. I really like it. I am very happy to look at this site. Lifestylejournal

28. Posted April 17, 2014

This innovative engineering units have elected the item possible to test buying glasses online and select the the one which accommodates see your face the most beneficial.

29. Posted September 1, 2014

Wonderful post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Cheers!