High Five for Friday
Beauty 101 : Homemade Lip Exfoliator
It’s Friday! Hope you have a great labor day weekend and enjoy your last bit of summer! Or, if you live in the south–just enjoy another weekend because we all know summer lasts into October around here.
Here are my High Five’s for Friday!
1. Had a little break at work, so I set up my office at Starbucks and got some blogging stuff done. And enjoyed a caramel macchiato. And a cookie.
2. The one great thing about working at a freezing cold studio is that I can wear sweaters or layers even in the “summer”. This doesn’t help the sweat-indusing 90 degree car ride to and from, but at least I’m comfortable when I get there.
*if you follow me on instagram you may have seen that someone wrote that this sweater is sold out online. It’s not–click the link below the photo to be taken to the Old Navy website!
3. It’s been a very, very long time since I’ve shopped at Urban Outfitters, but is it just me or do they have some great shoes right now?
4. I’m looking very forward to the Becoming Conference in September! There are still tickets available if you are interested in coming! I think it’s going to be great. There are so many great speakers and we are all talking about things that we care about/blog about!
Here’s a little bit about me and what I’ll be covering:
A Fresh Look at Beauty and Style: Kate Bryan
You know those days when your hair cooperates, your makeup looks nice, and your outfit is cute AND comfortable? Lets find out how to have more of these. Discovering your personal style, from a great haircut to your “go to” jeans and top, can make getting ready for the day so much easier. How do we get there? Maximizing your time in the chair at the salon. Finding a makeup routine that you can stick with. And learning where to shop.
As a professional hairstylist, I want to break the barrier between client and stylist. I’ll share some important tips to getting the most out of your time in the salon, and how to understand your hair. We’ll also talk about product, tools, and hairstyle options.
As a lover of shopping, I’ll share my experience on streamlining what I buy, why I buy it, and how to know where to save vs. splurge
5. This weekend my sister and I are going to help a friend create some new outfits from what she already has in her closet. I can-not-wait. I’m sure we’ll share photos on instagram : follow us at K8_smallthings and Lauren_FMGD !
Link up YOUR High Five for Friday post here!