Cookie Week: Red Velvet White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Red Velvet White Chocolate Chunk Cookies:

• 1 box – red velvet cake mix
  • 1 cup – all purpose flour
  • 2 sticks – butter {softened}
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups – white chocolate chunks {chips}

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, add the butter and mix until soft and fluffy.
{hand mixer works best for this}

Then slowly add the cake mix and flour.

Once that is combined, add the egg and mix completely.

Add white chocolate chips,

mix it for a minute or so until it is all well combined.

Form dough into one inch balls,

{I used an ice cream scoop and it worked great}

place them into the oven for 8-10 minutes on an un-greased cookie sheet.

{Makes about 24 small cookies}

If you dare make these you will love every.single.bite.
They are absolutely delicious!

Source:
WhipperBerry

1. Posted December 6, 2011

I am making these tonight!! I do not need them – but they look too hard to resist!

2. Melissa H from So. Fla. says
    Posted December 6, 2011

I love recipes that are not overly complicated or don’t require a hundred different ingredients. Thanks for sharing.

PS.. I know your a fan of PW, and if you haven’t tried it already you must sometime..her “Pig Cake”. It’s to die for.

3. Christy says
    Posted December 6, 2011

oooh those look delicious!

4. Posted December 6, 2011

I’m so making this! Looks so easy and delicious.

5. jessica says
    Posted December 6, 2011

wow. My husband and I are in love with red velvet cake, so I bet this would be amazing. We saw a receipe for red velvet hot chocolate floating around Pinterest and I’m determined to try that receipe, too!

I’m loving cookie week! 🙂

6. Posted December 6, 2011

I LOVE RED VELVET CAKE! I will definetly be trying these for Christmas!

7. Posted December 6, 2011

These look so good and making cookies from a mix is right up my baking alley.

8. Posted December 6, 2011

Those look to-die for! I seriously want one right now. I love red velvet!

9. Elise says
    Posted December 7, 2011

I’m drooling just looking at them. Guess I’ll be stopping by the grocery store on my way home!

10. Stacy says
    Posted December 7, 2011

Made these today…they were DELICIOUS!!

Thanks!

Stacy

11. Posted December 7, 2011

WOW. Those look amazing. I might make ’em tonight….!

12. ali says
    Posted December 7, 2011

I went right out bought the ingredients for these- they are delish! cookie week is going to make me chubs! thanks for sharing!

write up your ali

13. Anonymous says
    Posted December 10, 2011

Did anyone add andes mint candies? Either to the recipe or instead of the chips? I think I’m going to try it….perfect holiday color in one cookie.

14. Melissa Robinette says
    Posted December 13, 2011

I don’t know what i did wrong. These came out very dry and powdery. 🙁

15. Anonymous says
    Posted December 13, 2011

This was a goofy recipe. She is right, a hand mixer is the tool of choice. A double batch of these literally spewed out of my KitchenAid stand mixer. There seems to be way too much dry ingredient as you mix. That said, once I attacked it with a hand mixer and gave myself carpal tunnel folding in the chips, they came together nicely. They don’t spread on the trays too much, which is nice. Planning to put them in Christmas tins!

16. Anonymous says
    Posted December 18, 2011

They are delicious! However my hand mixer broke trying to mix the ingredients. Thick thick thick batter!!!

17. Posted December 18, 2011

Gave these a try and I, too, found the batter to be super dry. There was no way it was going to form into cookies. Rolled the dice and added an extra egg. They seemed to work great. The taste good and are a great color. Waffling on adding cream cheese frosting but I think I will skip it this time. I got 4 dozen as well as eating some of the dough. 🙂 thanks!

18. Posted December 18, 2011

19. Posted December 18, 2011

Made these and loved them! My batter wasnt too dry at all, but it is really hard to mix those suckers up!!! I got a little over 4 dozen out of the recipe! Will be adding these to my list of go to cookie recipes!!!

20. Posted December 19, 2011

I made these for our cookie exchange and they were so easy! The dough seemed a little dry but as soon as I mixed the eggs in it was fine. I think red velvet dough is always a little dry looking.

They came out delish! my husband’s fave will be making more for a playdate and of course christmas!

21. NattyJ says
    Posted December 25, 2011

I made these just a few hours ago for a Christmas Eve dinner party and they were a hit!!!

22. Posted February 12, 2012

These are great for V-day too! I took the challenge on of cutting hearts out of the dough. Although the dough was sticky they turned out great, AND delicious! Thanks a bunch!

23. Anonymous says
    Posted July 18, 2012

Found this online today. Made them today. Ate them today. Sooo delicious!! Thank you for posting this!

-Amy