Cajun Chicken Pasta
This chicken dish is amazing. It’s quick, easy and re-heats BEAUTIFULLY. It’s a total crowd pleaser and can be added to/changed too! I got it from my mom, who got it from a friend, who got it from who knows where.
4 oz. linguine pasta
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 green onion, sliced
4 fresh mushrooms, sliced (which you won’t find in my food–not a fan.)
1 green onion, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Boil the pasta until al dente (usually 8-10mins).
2. Place chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat.
3. In a large skillet over medium, melt butter and add chicken. Saute until almost tender (7-8 mins)
4. Add peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Saute and stir for 3 mins. Reduce heat.
5. Add cream and spices. Heat through. Add linguine and heat through.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve!
*make sure you use a pretty large pan so you can fit the pasta in there near the end.
**If you want a creamier sauce, just add a bit more heavy cream.
***I sliced the chicken breasts into little strips so they would be easy to eat. And also chopped the peppers into smaller pieces too.
This dish has a kick, but isn’t overly spicy at all! And it is packed with flavor. Serve with a side of garlic bread and enjoy!