These coasters are super easy AND I’ve finally figured out a way to not have the sticky mod podge residue.
What you’ll need:
4 tiles, doesn’t matter if the sides are unfinished
Paint brush, or sponge brush, or finger 🙂
White Spray Paint
IMPORTANT: Clear Coat Spray Paint (whichever gloss you prefer)
I love Rust-oleum for all my spray painting projects!
1. Start by spray painting the rough edges of your tiles with white spray paint.
2. Once the paint dries, place the tiles on a sheet of wax paper. Smear about a teaspoon of the mod podge on the tile and place the cut squares of paper on the center of the tile.
3. Once straight, smear/paint a good amount of the mod podge over the entire tile. Make sure you get the edges of the paper!
4. About an hour later (just to be sure they are completely dry, spray paint with CLEAR paint over the top of the tiles. This will prevent the sticky mod podge feel.
5. Hot glue little squares of felt onto the bottom of the coasters.
6. Finally, enjoy your beverage!
You won’t see as much of the “lines” on your coasters if you use a sponge brush. I used my finger because I forgot to grab a brush at the store!