Caramel Apple “Not A” Salad.
Barefoot Contessa’s Chocolate Chunk Cookies
My mother, the queen of amazing food and recipes, passed on this little gem to me a few months ago. She’s been making it for years, and I just recently decided to give it a shot. It’s quite delicious.
I’m not really sure why it’s called salad because there’s nothing healthy about it. Maybe because it’s all chopped up. But, if it makes you feel better, go ahead and call it a salad. I’m going to start calling it Caramel Apple Salade (pronounced: sal-aid). It just sounds more appropriate.
What cha need:
4 delicious apples (I took this to mean 4 tasty and delicious apples. I think she meant 4 Red Delicious apples. I used 4 ‘ol Granny Smiths.)
1/2 cup sugar
1 T flour
1 egg, beaten
2 T apple cider vinegar
8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained, reserve juice
1 cup salted peanuts
8 oz. cool whip
To make it:
1. Mix flour & sugar. Add beaten egg, vinegar & pineapple juice in a sauce pan.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring until thickened.
3. Let cool for atleast 10 minutes.
4. Pour over diced apples, peanuts and crushed pineapple.
5. Fold in cool whip before serving.