My Most Used Home Items

This photo is from the kitchen tour post + video, you can click here to check it out!

There are certain things that I use over and over again in the home and I’m sharing my top 6 with you today! I’m sure there are some that I have forgotten but these six were the very first to come to mind when I thought about the tools or items that I really feel are high quality and very useful.

Click on any of the images below, or use the links next to the descriptions.

Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum – this cordless vacuum gets used multiple times a day and it’s, perhaps, the most useful tool that we use with the kids. We do a lot of bare feet around here, and stepping on crumbs is the worst. We use this vacuum often and on both floors of the house as well. We’ve had ours for a few years and did have to replace the battery, but ever since then, it’s been working perfectly.

De’Longhi Dinamica Automatic Coffee + Espresso Machine – this was a thoughtful purchase that was, admittedly, a bit of a stress-buy toward the beginning of quarantine, but man I love this machine. I had been using two separate machines for the few different drinks I like to make, but now I’m pleased that it’s all in one!

Outlet timers – One of the things we noticed about our house after we moved in was the lack of lighting! I rely on lamps with timers to keep the house well lit, and I love that I don’t have to go around and turn them all off at night.

Aera Smart Home Diffuser (they are offering 20% off diffusers through Nov 30 using code KATE20) – I’ve shared this with you and I honestly cannot tell you how much I love this. I’m currently “playing” a Pumpkin Spice scent and it’s an actual dream. It makes my home smell delightful! I also love that I can set it up on a schedule so I’m not wasting any of the scents when no one is home.

Ring Doorbell Video Camera – We have a few of these around our house and in our garage. Not only is it helpful to chat with the neighbor kids who may be asking to play with my kids when we aren’t home, but I love that I can see exactly who is at my door at all times.

Handheld Steamer – This falls more in the “personal” category than the “home” category but I use it so much I wanted to throw it in here. It’s a cheap and portable handheld steamer and it works better than any of the other larger, bulkier steamers that I’ve tried.

While there are certainly more items that I’m sure I’ll think of after I hit publish, I wanted to share these few with you because they are things that we truly use every day (well, maybe not the steamer but I use it at least twice a week!) that help our home operate at it’s best!

1. Kate says
    Posted October 13, 2020

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

-Kate

2. Rachel says
    Posted October 13, 2020

I would add our Bona floor duster and mop! With little kiddos it gets used almost daily. Not for an entire-house-mopping, but definitely under the kitchen table!

3. Posted October 14, 2020

I’m actually looking to get a handheld steamer myself. I hate ironing so it might be a good alternative! ❤️✨

4. Hilary says
    Posted October 14, 2020

I would add a robot vacuum! We got a more affordable choice- the eufy- for a Christmas present to ourselves, and WHAT A GAME CHANGER. We had a toddler, so it’s crumbs galore in our house. I also like having a super clean home, so we set the vacuum to run every morning. It does its thing, and we don’t have to worry about vacuuming. Best gift we’ve ever given ourselves! I’d also add a pressure cooker/Instant Pot as well. You can get great deals on them, and we use ours all the time. I’m not one for a lot of kitchen appliances, so one with multiple uses is perfect.

5. Miranda says
    Posted October 14, 2020

Why bother with outlet timers? Upgrade your light bulbs to hue (or similar) and be able to control schedules and instant on/off right from your phone.

Posted October 14, 2020

Outlet timers work well for me esp since I already have light bulbs, but I’ll definitely look into Hue for the future.

• Miranda says
        Posted October 15, 2020

Just add one or 2 at time as regular bulbs need to be replaced. You’ll wonder why you lived so long without the convenience!

6. Amanda says
    Posted October 14, 2020

I’m ready to purchase a new vacuum. Dyson is at the top of my list. How does this vacuum do with pet hair??

Posted October 14, 2020

We have 1 cat and it does great!

7. Danielle says
    Posted October 15, 2020

What brand is your handheld steamer? I am in the market for one .

8. Veronica says
    Posted October 17, 2020

I hope you don’t mind me asking this here, but I’ve seen you use an orange silicone spatula in some of your stories and I really love the shape of it. Who makes it?

9. Robin says
    Posted October 17, 2020

I bought my dyson v10 off the dyson site as refurbished for $279 (at the time) best deal ever and it works perfectly!