A Few Favorite Pink Lip Colors

You know how when you find the right color in a makeup product, your skin just glows? Everything looks better and you don’t need to fight with other products to compensate? The recent discovery of Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Shadow Stick in Au Natural is one of those finds. It’s the perfect base color on my eyes and can be worn alone or with a little depth at the crease. It’s been my go-to for months!

As far as lipstick goes, I love a classic, cool pink. Some cooler pink shades can veer into the purple category which I do not like on myself, but a true neutral/cool “baby” pink is a lip color I always feel confident wearing.

I’m sharing each of my recent favorites on this video, and I also swatched them on the back of my hand so you can see their true color. If you are interested in seeing them on my lips, I included photos of each below!

Below are photos of all the lipsticks on my lips. I have to say, my most worn shade of this bunch is Bobbi Brown Pink Cloud. I love how bright and fun it is!

Pixi LipGlow in Fleur, NYX Buttergloss in Vanilla Cream Pie, Bobbi Brown Luxe Lipstick in Pink Cloud, Bobbi Brown Luxe Lipstick in Pink Nude, Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in Liv It Up, Nars Velvet matte lipstick pencil in Sex Machine

Honorable mention to Trish McEvoy Gorgeous Pink Nude. I didn’t have it near my vanity when I was shooting and forgot to include it. It’s like a more saturated version of Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Morning After (which is a sheer).

My necklace is the Parker by Gorjana.

1. Becky Bass says

I liked NYX Butter Gloss

Thank you!

2. Jana says
    Posted April 29, 2020

Wow, all of these lipsticks look amazing! It makes me want to wear much more lipstick again, even at home.

3. Posted April 29, 2020

Pink is a great colour on you! I don’t suit it myself, I think because my skin tone is waaaay too yellow! 🙁

4. Angela says
    Posted April 29, 2020

I love the NYX butter glosses and I think I have that same pink!

5. Denise Tiro says
    Posted April 29, 2020

Just ordered Charlotte Tilbury Liv it Up on your recommendation! I loved the color Plink from MAC but it’s discontinued. 😩. I’ve been trying for a while now to get something similar. Love your style!

6. Kathryn says
    Posted April 29, 2020

This was super helpful!!! Thank you!

7. Jen says
    Posted April 29, 2020

Can you post a photo with Liv it up???

8. Andrea O says
    Posted April 29, 2020

All of them look great on you. Pink is a great shade on you.
    I never wear pink but I might give it a try.

9. Cyndi says
    Posted April 29, 2020

6 products, 5 photos? I was most interested in seeing the Charlotte Tilbury.

oh shoot! Sorry I missed that! I’ll add it in ASAP

10. Posted April 29, 2020

I’m in love with pinks and glosses at the moment – might have to check out Nyx or Pixi… Love all these colours and they look gorgeous on you. Thanks for posting 🙂

11. Michele says
    Posted April 29, 2020

You could not be more right about colors wearing differently on different people! I bought the Sephora lipstick in the Oui shade after seeing it on you and it definitely looks like middle-aged Barbie color (yes, I have colorful ways of describing color). Would you recommend going somewhere and having someone walk you through lipstick color choices (like an Ulta or Sephora)? I struggle so much with color choices, especially lip color.

Also, could you do a brow tutorial? Maybe you’ve got one already. Mine are lousy and yours look so natural, despite your having said on many occasions that you use a pencil daily. Color pointers with this would be so helpful as well!

12. Katie says
    Posted April 29, 2020

Do you have a photo of yourself wearing the Charlotte Tilbury one? It is pricey so haven’t quite pulled the trigger on it yet.

Posted April 29, 2020

I’m sorry I forgot to include it! I will add it ASAP!

13. Heather Hoffeditz says
    Posted April 29, 2020

I was waiting for you to mention the Urban Decay Morning After! You influenced me to buy that one and I love it!

14. Ashley says
    Posted April 29, 2020

Beautiful! I love this type of shade for an everyday, go to look!

15. Jennifer says
    Posted April 30, 2020

Thanks, Kate! Could you link your necklace and watch? I love both!

16. Mireia says
    Posted April 30, 2020

These are all really oretty but my favourite is the NARS one!

Mireia from TGL

17. Amy Peters says
    Posted April 30, 2020

I love the simple gold necklace you are wearing in these photos. Who makes it?

18. Hannah says
    Posted May 1, 2020

Hi Kate! This is a random question, but I’m wondering what length your Maya Brenner necklace is? I’m looking at purchasing one of my own and like the length of yours. I’m not sure if it’s the 16 inch or the 18 inch. If you are able to share that would be great!

19. Amy says
    Posted May 3, 2020

You mentioned on Instagram a pink primer (I think) from Laneige, that you had been using, with a pretty bottle, you also had a “dupe” but can’t remember what it was. Is this ringing a bell?