My Personal Fragrance Lineup

To be completely honest, it’s rare for me to wear a spritz of perfume these days. I use to wear something every day but more than ever I find myself forgetting to put it on until the day is halfway over.

The thing is, I love wearing it when I *actually* remember to put it on!

I have a small selection of fragrances that I choose from that I thought I’d share in case you are looking for a fresh, light scent to add to your fragrance collection.

My very favorite is Flora by Gucci. I love a fruity floral scent and this is exactly what I like! My friend Allyson inspired this purchase and I’m so glad she did!

Lavanila and Fresh Cream are two that I wear quite rarely. I like them but would actually be fine to give them away. They both have a really nice scent, but if I had to choose one fragrance to wear from the bunch, it would be Flora by Gucci.

I love the Fresh Sake Eau de Parfum in the wintertime. It feels a little bit more masculine than Flora but still is light and subtle. I discovered this fragrance after purchasing the Sake candle from Fresh and falling in love. It was, possibly, the nicest candle I’ve ever smelled! The Eau de Parfum is lovely, but I will admit the candle is slightly better to me!

In case you are curious about specific notes in the fragrance, see below!

Lavanila The Healthy Fragrance Vanilla Grapefruit– Notes of pink grapefruit, lime, bergamot, orange, cedarwood, and Madagascar vanilla

Philosophy Fresh Cream – Key Notes: Heliotrope, Vanilla, Whipped Cream, Macadamia Nut

Flora by Gucci – Notes of Red Berries, White Gardenia, Patchouli, and Brown Sugar

Fresh Sake Eau de Parfum – Top Notes: langsat fruit, grapefruit, ginger; Heart Notes: white peach absolute, lotus flower, transparent lily of the valley; Base Notes: osmanthus, vanilla, musk, white sandalwood

P.S. Curious about which fragrance has over 4,000 reviews and 143,000 “loves” on Sephora’s website? Me too.

1. Posted March 4, 2020

These perfumes sound luscious! Gonna check them out! ❤️✨

2. Posted March 4, 2020

While I really follow on IG for the spoken grammatical errors, it’s comforting to know they exist on the blog as well. Thanks for being so entertaining!

Posted March 5, 2020

Glad to offer you the comfort of being human!

3. Anita says
    Posted March 4, 2020

I have Flowerbomb and I have loved it for years!

Posted March 5, 2020

I’m so tempted to try it!

4. Sara Breeggemann says
    Posted March 4, 2020

I LOVE Flowerbomb!! Always my go-to.

5. Posted March 4, 2020

I love fragrance as well, but it’s hard to find one that doesn’t make my allergies go crazy. I’m loving a more manly scent I boot from old navy, which reminds me of warmth. I am a fan.

6. Keni Campbell says
    Posted March 4, 2020

Hi Kate! The Lavanila fragrance you have there is actually Vanilla Grapefruit, not Pure Vanilla. I’m sure they’re both dreamy, though.

• Amanda Lenweaver says
      Posted March 6, 2020

Thanks for bringing it to my attention! All fixed.
      Amanda (Creative Assistant for The Small Things Blog)

7. Jaclyn says
    Posted March 8, 2020

Love, love, love flowerbomb! It’s actually not super floral which is nice. My mom gave me her travel size a few months ago, and I wear it almost everyday! You should definitely try it. <3

8. Jenn says
    Posted March 8, 2020

I’d love to know where you got the jewelry drawer in the picture, it’s so pretty!

9. Sara says
    Posted March 8, 2020

I clicked on this s blog post because I thought, if I’m gonna like anyone’s Perfume suggestions, it would probably be Kate. Lo and behold, your mention Gucci flora as your first favorite which is my fav too!! I can’t wait to truncate your other recommendations. I work in a nicu so I can’t wear perfume to work. But like you, I always forget to wear it on my day off!

10. Laura C says
    Posted March 8, 2020

You inspired me to use a new perfume as my “wedding fragrance”. We must have similar taste because I picked Flora by Gucci!! I still use it on date nights and vacations with my husband. Take us right back to our wedding and honeymoon!! I have passed along the tip to many of my friends.

11. Jaclyn says
    Posted March 8, 2020

Love, love, love flowerbomb! It’s actually not super floral which is nice. My mom gave me her travel size one a few months ago, and I’ve been wearing it almost everyday. You should definitely try it! ❤️