My Top Strapless Bra Picks

I’ve noticed this trend that any time I wear a top with particularly thin straps, or a halter neck, I’ll get numerous DM’s or comments asking what kind of bra I wear with it. Wearing a strapless bra is such a no-brainer to me, but I began to wonder if not everyone thought that same way? Or perhaps we are all still looking for the absolutely perfect, “you can’t feel it while you wear it” strapless bra but we haven’t found it yet?

I dislike visible bra straps, so choosing a strapless bra is an easy choice to get the look I’m going for. I also do not need a great deal of support from my strapless bra (I’d actually like a little bit more lift more than anything else!), but I realize many strapless bras are uncomfortable or just fail to do their job for women with larger chests.

So for me, with my experience as a post-breastfeeding mom that is happiest in a “B” cup, these are a few strapless bras that I have enjoyed wearing this summer.

One. Thirdlove 24/7 Strapless Bra. This is about as straightforward as it gets when it comes to a strapless bra. Thirdlove has an enormous range of sizes, which is wonderful, and this bra will give you a nice shape without slipping down.

Two. Wacoal Amazing Assets Convertible Underwire Push-Up Bra. It’s hard to find a strapless that offers a little bit of lift but this one does just that. I like the deeper plunge for times my neckline may be a bit lower, and it does not slide down or move around while wearing it!

I tried this strapless bra that has over 1K reviews on Nordstrom’s website but it felt like a lot of material to me. I do think, however, if you need support or are bigger than an “A” or “B” cup, it may be a good option for you!

Do you have a favorite strapless bra?

In this post:

1. Michele says
    Posted July 24, 2019

My mom bought me a strapless bra for my wedding dress and it’s amazing! I barely feel it on, and wear it all the time in the summer. I’m not sure of the brand, but it’s likely one of the brands sold at Kohl’s of JC Penney since those are my mom’s usual shopping spots. Aside from my wedding band, it’s definitely the best investment from my wedding ensemble (actually, it probably ranks higher than the ring…my ring doesn’t smooth out my underarms or provide comfortable lift!)

Posted July 24, 2019

Yes it’s a good thing to have for sure. And even better when it lasts for a long time! 🙂

2. Shasta says
    Posted July 24, 2019

I love ThirdLove. I’ve had a few bras from them and they are just so comfortable!

3. Devin says
    Posted July 24, 2019

On a different subject, I think I saw a Fabletics shirt? I’m on the fence about their products. Are you a fan?

Posted July 24, 2019

I am! My one note is that you read + understand the membership agreement. In order to get the discounts you need to be a member, BUT you can skip a month anytime as long as you log in to your account and skip before the bill date!

4. Katie says

Soma vanishing back!!

• DeAnn says
      Posted July 24, 2019

Yes to this one! I love Soma vanishing back anything!

5. Rebekah says
    Posted July 24, 2019

I discovered pasties last year and have never looked back. I’m a “B” and never found any bra that was comfortable, and I don’t feel that I need any “support” in my day to day activities unless I’m working out.

6. Cheyenne says
    Posted July 24, 2019

Torrid strapless bra is great for larger chests. Very comfortable, stays up, and gives support

• Amy says
      Posted July 25, 2019

I second this, large boobs need good support, and frankly I don’t like when they are pushed down in other bras. Torrid’s are fantastic. Highly recommend.

7. Marilee Utt says

Hi Kate!

I was watching your Instagram story the other day about your lash lifts and just ha d a quick question. I also live in the Raleigh area and was wondering what salon you would recommend?

Thanks so much 🙂

8. Kerrie says
    Posted July 24, 2019

This is hands down the best strapless bra I have ever owned. I am large chested and this one kind of minimizes them. https://www.wacoal-america.com/halo-lace-strapless-underwire-bra-854205

It doesn’t look like it would be supportive esp because there is basically no cups.. just lace. Your nipples do not show through this bra though! It is magic. It is also very light and very comfortable!

9. Jennifer says
    Posted July 24, 2019

Did you order your third love bra in the size they suggested or in your regular size. 38d here and they are recommending a 36e. Just nervous to change.

I did my regular size!

• Christine says
      Posted July 24, 2019

I have a strange issue: strapless bras are always uncomfortable because I have a “barrel-chest” (my sternum bows out) and the underwire always digs in. Do you know of any strapless bras that do not have underwires? Thanks!

• Effie says
        Posted July 25, 2019

Not Kate, but I got one recently from Aerie, it’s called Ribbed strapless bralette, it’s comfortable with no underwire. Hope it helps!

10. Ewa says
    Posted July 24, 2019

Love the earrings – where are they from?

11. Mandy says
    Posted July 24, 2019

I wore my Third Love strapless bra in the heart of Savannah July sweat, and it stayed up/in place ALL DAY!!! Super impressed and in love!

12. Catherine Ray says
    Posted July 25, 2019

Hi!
    I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the underwear you love so much and how it runs size wise. I can’t seem to remember it! Thank you!!!

13. Kate says
    Posted July 25, 2019

Thanks for sharing these! I have yet to find a perfect strapless bra, but I am definitely going to check some of these out!

-Kate

14. Amy says
    Posted July 25, 2019

My mom, my sister, and my sister-in-law all swear by Natori brand strapless bras. You can get them at Nordstrom, Macy’s etc. I mention them because they range from A-D cup. I personally need the Torrid strapless for my G cup. But I would check it out!

• Amy says
      Posted July 25, 2019

Sorry to clarify my family members range from an A-D, not the brand. The brand supports up to DDD for some sizes.

15. Liz says
    Posted July 25, 2019

I *love* the duvet cover in the first photo! Do you mind sharing where it’s from?

Posted July 26, 2019

It’s not a duvet cover, it’s a comforter. I believe I found it online at Target but I cannot rememember, sorry!

16. Sara says
    Posted July 28, 2019

My biggest struggle is finding a strapless bra that doesn’t make me look completely flat-chested. I was a 32 C prior to nursing but don’t know what I am now. Does the Third Love bra you mentioned still give you shape? I’d rather not look like a teenage boy in my cute halter top 🤪

17. Paige says
    Posted August 7, 2019

Wacoal is hands down the best brand for strapless bras for larger chested women. I wear a 36D and I have a Wacoal strapless bra (the Red Carpet I believe it is) and it is amazing. I honestly loved it so much I have worn it many times without even needing a strapless bra!