My Summer Makeup Routine

I love the thrill of trying new products, whether it be skincare, makeup, or hair products. And after trying hundreds, maybe thousands, of products I’ve developed a pretty high standard of what I need/want the products to do for me!

Since the beginning of this summer, life has been full of a lot of changes and busyness for my family and me. Through it all, I decided to throw a few tried & true, high performing makeup products in a bag to be my go-to’s. I switched it up occasionally when I had time to sit at my vanity table to get ready, but in general, these are the products I’ve been wearing over and over and over for the past little while.

NARS Sheer Glow, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away, MAC Paintpot in Bare Study, Naked 2 Basics Palette (almost completely out of this one!), NARS Liquid Blush in Orgasm, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in brown or black, Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Morning After, Chanel Le Volume Mascara, Benefit Roller Lash Mascara, Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Contour Duo, Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil

You can see below that the time in the sun has brought out my freckles and a bit of melasma/sun spotting on my upper lip. I like that Sheer Glow provides an evenness to my face, but doesn’t cover it up like a full coverage foundation would.

I’ve been layering mascaras, like I always do, and found that Chanel Le Volume Mascara is the perfect sister to Benefit Roller Lash. I get the lift, curl, and hold from Roller Lash, and the thickness from Le Volume.

My eye routine is Bare Study all over the lid and a little bit of Primal or Cover (from the Naked 2 Basics Palette) in the crease and outer corner.

I’ve loved Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Morning After for years because it’s the perfect sheer, cool pink. A more opaque version of this lipstick would be Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in Liv It Up, which I’ve also been wearing and loving.

It gets quite hot and humid where I live, but despite the elements working against me, these products deliver on performance. At most I need to dust on a little translucent powder in case I need a refresh at the end of the day, but it’s very rare that I do that.

In this post:

1. Rena says
    Posted July 26, 2019

You look fantastic! Well done!
    xx Rena

2. Olivia says
    Posted July 26, 2019

Looks amazing on you. Not a huge blush girl myself but I’m obsessed w that color on you.. & statement earrings ! Love them.

3. Maggie says
    Posted July 26, 2019

Love your earrings!!! Where did you get them?

4. Michele says
    Posted July 26, 2019

I loge whenever you show yourself wearing a liquid or cream blush! I just bought myself a Revlon blush stick (I won’t splurge on your high end stuff until I know I can apply a drugstore version…your stuff is too spendy to play around with) and am struggling to not look like a toy soldier when applying it (you know the look…round pink cheek circles). Any chance you can do a tutorial on how to apply liquid, cream, and/or stick blush? It seems like something that should be a no-brainer, but it’s definitely not!

5. Posted July 26, 2019

Ooh, thanks for sharing your routine! I want to try out Benefit’s lash roller, it sounds great! 💕💕

6. Angela says
    Posted July 26, 2019

Glad to see you hitting pan on these items! I still have that CT glow/bronzer duo on my wishlist on Sephora.com!

Angela at Blush & Pearls

7. Kate says
    Posted July 26, 2019

Thanks for sharing, looks so flawless on you! I absolutely love that lipstick.

-Kate

8. Susan says
    Posted July 26, 2019

Kate, What is the liquid eyeliner you use?

9. Posted July 26, 2019

I love seeing how others do their “mom makeup”. So beautiful Kate!

10. erika says
    Posted July 26, 2019

Love how natural this looks! I’m definitely not a fan of heavy makeup during the summer time.

Erika Marie | https://imerikamarie.com

11. Kristi says
    Posted July 26, 2019

Love this! Can you give a link for your smudge brush? I need a good one!

12. CW says
    Posted July 26, 2019

Hi! In the IGTV video are you using a lash fiber product also? Thanks! Couldn’t tell. It wasnt listed on post, but was on LTK. If so, that answers my question on how to layer with mascara.

13. Posted July 27, 2019

Love the lip colour, it really suits your skin tone – so pretty!

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

14. Berna says
    Posted July 27, 2019

Wow, I love your morning routine!
    Great.

Best wishes, Berna from coffee & flowers

15. Laura says
    Posted July 27, 2019

Hi Kate! I’ve loved following your blog even before you had David! You literally taught me how to curl my hair. 😎 Anyway, my upper lip gets dark too from melasma in the summer since having my little girl. I’ve followed your melasma posts, but could you remind me what full coverage option you like when desire that look? I haven’t loved anything I’ve tried. (Correctors/concealers/foundation.) I have super duper dry skin. Thanks, Friend!

Posted August 2, 2019

I’d try just using a concealer on the dark areas, but using your regular favorite foundation on the rest of your face!

16. Posted July 27, 2019

You are absolutely adorable!

17. Leslie Ness says
    Posted July 28, 2019

Where did you get your earrings?

• Ann says
      Posted August 17, 2019

I too would love to know about your earrings?

18. Kati says
    Posted July 29, 2019

Love your look!!! Makeup & hair always looks great!!! What’s the under eye powder that you apply after your concealer? I don’t see it linked! Thank you!

Posted July 29, 2019

It’s Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder!

19. Posted August 2, 2019

I didn’t know Nars did liquid blushers, literally have never seen them before!The basic palette looks like such a fab palette for everyday and also for travelling, so compact and just has all the shades you’d ever really need! xx

20. Britnie Drobness says
    Posted August 8, 2019

This look is great. Soft and perfect for summer. I actually found this other brand of makeup I love called Skone cosmetics and everything they have is amazing. They have a new line of lipsticks out and they are just dreamy. They dont cake or move at all. I bought them at https://Skonecosmetics.com

21. Posted September 10, 2019

Great, fresh make-up, not too much. But, actually, I love you earrings!