Makeup Capsule: Stay All Day

Whether you are trying to combat the heat and humidity of summer, or you simply need a makeup look that will last from morning to night, these are some of my top products that will stay all day.

I wore the NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil for my sister’s wedding day and only needed to reapply once in the evening because it felt a bit dry. It truly lasted all day!

One. Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Setting Powder. This is my favorite setting powder, whether I’m using a full coverage foundation or not! It will help your makeup last so much longer when you dust a bit of this on top of foundation.

Two. Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation. I love this foundation for a full-coverage long-wear option. If applied with a brush, you’ll get the fullest coverage. If you want to thin out the coverage a bit, use a damp beauty blender.

Three. Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara. The non-waterproof version is a fantastic mascara for thickening and volumizing. The waterproof version is the best for lasting all day and holding a curl in the lashes for a bit longer too!

Four. NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil. If they came out with a soft nude pink shade of this pencil, it would be all I wear. This pencil is long-lasting without being overly dry and I love that it doesn’t fade from the center of the lips even after hours of wear.

Five. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. It’s hard to beat Anastasia brow products and the Dipbrow pomade is going to give you the cleanest, longest-lasting brow. Use a small angled brush to apply!

Six. NARS Liquid Blush. A liquid blush looks natural on the skin, blends beautifully into foundation, and gives you the control to choose how intense the finish is. I love working this product into my cheeks with a flat top brush.

Seven. Covergirl Outlast All Day Lip Color. I was so impressed by this drugstore lip product. If you follow the directions on how to apply, it will last for hours and hours! I love that the gloss/top coat is clear so it’s all you need to add a burst of hydration to your lips if they start to feel dry.

Eight. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Contour Duo. I use this product almost every time I do my makeup. It may be the most flattering contour and glow product I’ve ever used! A tiny bit will add the softest, most natural looking finish to the skin but it can easily be built up for a more dramatic contour and glow!

Nine. Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Full-Coverage Concealer. This concealer will not budge after you apply it. A little goes a long way and it adds brightness and covers even the darkest under eye circles.

Ten. Tarte Tartelette Tease. This is a tiny palette but it packs a lot of power. The shadows are pigmented and the color options are all you need to create a simple daytime eye or glam it up with some more intense, darker shades.

Eleven. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. This liquid liner is easy to use and will not smear. I like using it right at the base of my lashes or if I’m ever tempted to do a proper cat eye with liquid liner. The felt tip is flexible enough to feel comfortable and deposits an even amount of liner when you use it.

Twelve. MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot. This is a fool-proof way to make sure your eyeshadow doesn’t budge. I like using Soft Ochre or Painterly for a neutral shade or some of the shimmery shades as a one & done eyeshadow look.

p.s. Did you catch my travel-friendly makeup capsule?

In this post:

1. Lindsay says
    Posted May 20, 2019

I just noticed you need to update your about me page!! 🙂

Posted May 21, 2019

You’re right I do!

2. Posted May 20, 2019

Thank you for your recommendations! I recently began using Urban Decay’s primer and I love it – gotta try the setting powder too! 😀

3. Aubrey says
    Posted May 20, 2019

Thank you for your suggestions! Do you have a suggestion of a nude pink shade of the cover girl lipstick you like? Thank you!

Posted May 21, 2019

Covergirl has a tone of nude options right now. Warm, Cool, light, medium, etc. I find them at Walgreens and I’d recommend checking into them there!

4. Rebecca says
    Posted May 20, 2019

Kate, would you consider doing a makeup capsule for young girls just starting with makeup? My 11-year-old is starting to show an interest and I’m okay with a little mascara and lip gloss for her. But I was thinking it might be helpful to us moms of tweens to have some recommendations from you!

Posted May 21, 2019

That is a good idea!

5. Jennifer says
    Posted May 21, 2019

Hi Kate! I would love to try the Urban Decay setting powder but read reviews that it isn’t great for fair skin. Do you find that it’s a little too dark? Thanks!

Posted May 21, 2019

I could see that loading it on would look a bit dark so I use a fluffy brush so it’s a light dusting of powder!

6. Denise Nelson says
    Posted May 21, 2019

Hi. What color Cover Girl tru naked queen ship shadow sticks do you use?? It’s hard to tell what color to buy since they are online only. I know you put them in a video, but I can’t fond it now

Posted May 21, 2019

No I simply mentioned them on stories! I haven’t personally tried them yet!

7. Crystal says
    Posted May 22, 2019

I use the Urban Decay setting powder and love it. I also wear a bronzer this time of year, but I have no idea if I’m supposed to wear both at the same time. I’ve been doing the bronzer and then the setting powder on top. However, I notice the bronzer comes off on a tissue, so should I just forego the setting powder when I use the bronzer?

8. Angela says
    Posted May 23, 2019

Love your capsule picks! The Charlotte Tilbury palette and MAC paint pot are items I’d like to add into mine!

Angela at Blush & Pearls

9. Posted May 25, 2019

10. Laura says
    Posted May 31, 2019

What shade do you use in the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation? I’m so bad at choosing.

11. Rachael says
    Posted June 1, 2019

Good Morning. Do you have makeup suggestions for hot summer florida days? I use many of your recommendations but noticed my makeup is caking so bad.

12. Jamie Kelmar says
    Posted June 27, 2019

What color do you use on your brows?

Posted July 1, 2019

Blonde or Taupe!

13. Laura says
    Posted August 6, 2019

Any chance you have a make up tutorial using the Tarte Tease palette? I have it but I’m struggling to get the perfect look!

14. Amy Gobeli says
    Posted September 27, 2019

I just read this post (full time teacher here) and I look like a hobo by the end of the day. Definitely gonna try the setting powder. I use pretty much everything else suggested, so hoping the setting powder is the game changer because I look like I didn’t even apply makeup by the end of the day. haha. Thanks for your posts and all your info!!