Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

I can’t believe I’m doing this. I’m giving you my secret family recipe for the best cookie of all time. I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t enjoy this cookie.

The original recipe doesn’t include any salt, but over the years of making these cookies I’ve found that salt (both in the dough and as a subtle topping) makes a really nice addition to all the chocolate!

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees

Ingredients:

2 1/4 C flour

1 t. baking soda

1/2 t. kosher salt

1 C butter

1/4 C sugar

3/4 C brown sugar

1 t. vanilla

2 eggs

1 3.9oz package of instant chocolate pudding (or chocolate fudge)

1 6oz package chocolate chips (semi-sweet)

Recipe:

1. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.

2. Combine butter (softened, not melted), sugars, pudding mix, vanilla. Beat. Add eggs. Beat again.

3. Gradually add flour mixture.

4. Stir in chips

5. Drop by spoonfulls on ungreased cookie sheet. I usually sprinkle some kosher or sea salt on top. Yum.

6. Bake for 8-10 mins. Usually, they are ready right at 8 mins! These are soft cookies so don’t try to bake ’em to long!

Enjoy!

1. Kelly says
    Posted September 17, 2011

Just made these today. So good! I only made 4 cookies and froze the rest in cookie shaped pucks so I can have some fresh baked later! Thanks so much for the recipe. I’ve enjoyed your blog. Thinking about signing up for birchbox. Have you liked your subscription?

2. Posted September 17, 2011

Kelly: so glad you made the cookies. They are great, aren’t they!

And yes, I’ve LOVED my BirchBox subscription! 🙂

3. Betsy says
    Posted February 4, 2014

Just finished baking, got a pan in the oven yet but couldn’t wait to try. Mine are a bit dry… any idea why?
    Thanks for sharing!

• Posted May 24, 2019

Add a tad extra butter

• Andrea says
      Posted May 28, 2019

Could also be from too much flour. I read that using the measuring cup to scoop out of the container can cause too much flour (I’m totally a scooper!) Instead it’s suggested to spoon the flour into the measuring cup and lightly level off. I also read that you can add liquid (milk, water, or egg whites) to bring the dough back together.

4. Careie says
    Posted September 24, 2016

Margarine? Can you substitute butter?

• Merle says
      Posted September 24, 2016

I will be, don’t think there will be a problem..

Posted September 24, 2016

For sure!

5. Posted May 24, 2019

Oh wow, these look delicious! Can’t wait to try the recipe out! 🙂

6. Andrea says
    Posted May 24, 2019

This is so funny! This is almost exactly my resipe for chocolate chip cookies. The only change is that I use a small box of cheesecake pudding. Great minds think alike!

• Andrea says
      Posted May 24, 2019

*recipe 😉

7. Brittany Vaske says
    Posted May 24, 2019

I just made these, and included a couple tsps of instant coffee and it was so good. Thanks so much for the recipe!

8. Posted May 26, 2019

Very sweet. God bless you.

9. Kate says
    Posted May 26, 2019

These look so yummy! Cant wit to try out this recipe. Thanks for sharing, hope you’re having. great day.

-Kate