3 Target Beauty Finds

The Target near me recently went through a major update to their floorplan and layout and I have to say I’ve quite enjoyed the new look. I frequent Target for a multitude of reasons, and now I’m loving exploring the new brands that seem to be popping up weekly!

I recently tried 3 beauty-related items that were total wins and I wanted to share them with you!

First up, the Makeup Geek Bronze Luster.

It’s always been a challenge to find a good bronzer color for my pale, neutral skin tone. Everything seems too dark or too orange. Target just started carrying MakeupGeek products and as soon as I saw the lightest shade of this bronzer I had high hopes that it would be a good match for me. Good news! It was. It’s not overly shimmery but it does look luminous on the skin. It’s more of a light caramel shade than an orange-y sunset shade which is perfect for my skin tone. The shade in the photo is SunKissed.

Next up, and slightly related to bronzer, is the Tanologist line of self-tanning products. Full disclosure: I’ve used 2 products by this line one time each so this feels a bit premature BUT I have so much hope that I want to share. (If you are curious about tried + true tanning products, read this post!)

The Tanologist Self Tan Drops (light) are clear drops you add to your moisturizer to give a healthy glow to the skin. I love the control that the drops give you. If you want a very subtle glow, only add 2 drops. For a bit more depth, add 4-5 drops. When I used it I used 4 drops per leg, and 3 drops per arm. It went on very easily and I instantly saw a nice glow to my skin. I used a mild smelling lotion so I could see if the “tan” smell came through but it truly is odorless. Make sure you wash your hands after you use it, then go on about your day. It does not require any showering off!

Finally, the Real Techniques All Over Blender was something I first saw online, then intentionally looked for in the store. It’s a very easy to hold and use foundation + bronzer brush, though I will only use it for foundation.

What enticed me was how small this brush is in your hand, but the brush head is still wide enough to make foundation application easy and quick. I pumped a bit of NARS Sheer Glow onto the brush, then dotted it onto my face and buffed it in. It was so quick and easy, and this brush won’t take up a ton of room in your makeup bag either!

P.S. Did you know bronzer is not the same thing as contour? Find out the difference and how best to apply bronzer here.

In this post:

1. Posted May 16, 2019

Wow, gotta try some of these products! Thanks for the recommendations! 🙂 ❤️

2. Amanda says
    Posted May 16, 2019

Hey! the link to the tanning drops goes the the bronzer! Just wanted to let you know. Sent you an IG message too!

Thank you!

3. Kate says
    Posted May 16, 2019

All these products are so cool! I will definitely have to go to Target soon to check them out! Thanks for sharing, hope you’re having a lovely day.

-Kate

4. Angela says
    Posted May 16, 2019

Great finds! I miss Target here in Canada so this post is super depressing – I’ll have to source these items online I guess – they all sound awesome!

Angela at Blush & Pearls

5. Sarah says
    Posted May 16, 2019

In your opinion, what’s the difference between the finish of foundation when you use a damp beauty blender vs. the brush? I use the beauty blender and love it, but it would be nice not to have to wash and dry the darn thing every morning before I use it.

Posted May 16, 2019

The brush is going to give you a fuller coverage finish than a damp beauty blender!

6. Lisa says
    Posted May 16, 2019

Would you mind making a short video using this brush?

7. Ash says
    Posted May 16, 2019

Kate, I bought the same Real Techniques brush and felt like it was dragging and pulling my skin a lot. I tried it with a liquid foundation one day and a powder foundation another time. Even the video Nic did on the Real Techniques YouTube channel looked that way. Do you have any tips for using it?

Posted May 16, 2019

Hmm really? You can try not pushing as hard however it really is a buffing type of brush. You may prefer a different more traditional foundation brush, or maybe even a stippling brush that allows you to “dot” your foundation on?

8. Katie says
    Posted May 16, 2019

Great tips! Thank you!! The bronzer is out of my budget so I wanted to share that I found a $2 e.l.f. bronzer at Target in “Sunkissed Glow” that I love. The tone is comparable to the one you mentioned, but it has a bit more shimmer to it.

9. Beth says
    Posted May 16, 2019

Kate – I’ve wondered if I add the self-tan drops to my non-comedogenic moisturizer, is it still non-comedogenic? My experience with tanning lotion and cream is that it gets into my pores, so I stopped using it. I’d love to have some color on my fair skin though. Thank you! Love this post (actually all of yours).

Posted May 16, 2019

Thanks Beth! I’m actually not totally sure about this answer. I’m guessing because it’s drops it will be not as clogging as a cream would be, but thats just a guess!

• Beth says
        Posted May 17, 2019

Thank you, Kate. I just ordered drops online and see that they are non-comedogenic. Good news!

10. Morgan says
    Posted May 16, 2019

I love this! Thank you for sharing! Could you also share your nail polish? I love this color & would like to try it 🙂

The shade is “Stop it I’m Blushing” and it’s Dip powder/SNS 🙂

11. Emily says
    Posted May 16, 2019

I love the look of everything you’ve mentioned here! I’ve heard great things about that RT brush. The self tan drops sound amazing, I’d like to see if I can get my hands on them in the UK.

Emily | Snippets of Emily’s Life xx

12. Beth Mann says
    Posted May 16, 2019

Was there any transfer of color w/ the drops?? Thank you!!

13. Olivia Schueller says
    Posted May 17, 2019

omg the tan drops, those are like the new things! I love this cheaper alternative, I need to try them out.

New post/ http://www.oliviaschueller.com

14. Ashley says
    Posted May 18, 2019

I went to my local Target to buy the drops and they actually keep Tanologist products in the back. So an employee had to get one for me. Just a heads up for anyone who is looking for it and doesn’t see it out on the floor! I can’t wait to try the drops!

15. Missy says
    Posted May 18, 2019

Do you like the Tanologist better than the St Tropez?

Posted May 21, 2019

The tanologist drops are great for a natural looking tan that you create with your own body lotion. The St. Tropez products I’ve shared are to be used by themselves. Both are great, it’s just a difference in application method!

16. Virginia says
    Posted May 18, 2019

Could you please post what nail polish you are wearing? I am having a difficult time finding a good opaque pale pink polish. Thanks!

Posted May 21, 2019

The name is “stop it I’m blushing” by OPI

17. Brittany says
    Posted May 21, 2019

As soon as I read your post on the Tanologist drops, I went to Target to hunt them down! I got the light. I have had to use 12 drops, multiple times to get any color at all. I like the idea of it, so I am going to try the medium.

18. Elaine says
    Posted May 24, 2019

Did you ever use the tanning drops that you add to your own lotions? If so, what’s the verdict? Thanks

19. Susan R. says
    Posted September 29, 2019

I absolutely LOVE the Target Tanologist line. I mix 4 drops with two pumps of my favorite lotion and it looks authentic and it lasts. I do one application on lower leg and then one application on upper leg, by the end of the day…Voila! I have a nice, natural looking tan. I am normally pretty pale (thank you Irish heritage), so almost all self tanners look super fake on me, but this one is perfect. I buy the “Dark” formula.