February Beauty Favorites Video

I shared my review of a BUNCH of products that I’ve been using for the past 2 months on today’s video. Some things are good, some things are not so good. One quick note: you may notice the First Aid Beauty Retinol Eye Cream in the photo but not in the video. I did not include it in the video because I wasn’t sure when I was going to share that I am finished nursing Emily, and you can’t use retinol while pregnant or nursing. So, I *have* been using it for a few weeks, but I’ll share my review about it in the next video!

Products Mentioned:

Living Proof PHD Triple Detox Shampoo

Alterna CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Restructuring Bond Repair Leave-In Overnight Serum

Alterna Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair 3 -in -1 Serum

Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation

Covergirl Exhibitionist Mascara

Nars Sheer Glow (also mentioned Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation)

Milani Soft & Sultry eyeshadow palette

Milani Blossomtime Rose blush

Milani Strobelight highlighter

NYX #nofilter Finishing Powder (mentioned Becca Soft Light Blurring Powder)

Pixi Collagen Plumping Mask

Pixi Vitamin C Caviar Balm

p.s. Did you catch my last video about aging skin?

1. Posted March 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing your favourites, Kate! Really want to try some of those anti-ageing products you mentioned out…

2. Allie says
    Posted March 4, 2019

I can’t wait to try the NARS foundation, the coverage sounds so beautiful!
    So glad you’re feeling better,
    xAllie

3. Liz says
    Posted March 4, 2019

Love this video! Would you please comment on how you feel about these two foundations compared to Arbonne? I have been using Arbonne for a couple of years based on your recommendation! I love it but I’m always ready to consider a new product.

Posted March 4, 2019

Arbonne is full coverage with a matte finish, NARS is medium coverage with a glowy, radiant finish and Hourglass is full coverage with a natural looking finish 🙂

4. Angela says
    Posted March 4, 2019

The Milani eyeshadows palettes are on my must try list – they’re so stunning! The Physician’s Formula bronzer is a regular in my makeup routine too.

Angela at Blush & Pearls

5. Lauren says
    Posted March 4, 2019

Can you please tell me what shade you use in the Nars Sheer Glow foundation? I clicked on the the link above but it redirects to the Milani eye shadow palette.

Thank you!

Posted March 4, 2019

Sorry for that wrong link! I wear Salzburg!

• Lauren says
        Posted March 4, 2019

Thank you so much! I just ran out of the luminous silk foundation and want to give this a try. It’s so great when the beauty blogger you follow has the same skin tone! 🙂

6. Julianna says
    Posted March 4, 2019

What is the mascara info?

7. Dian says
    Posted March 4, 2019

You didn’t list the mascara…

Posted March 4, 2019

Thank you! Just added it!

8. Michele says
    Posted March 4, 2019

Have you ever done a tutorial on finding your right shade online? I have no idea how to choose when there are so many shades…and what the heck color undertones do I have??? This would be helpful for things like blush and lip color shades as well. I didn’t know if you’ve done something like that and I just can’t find it.

• Cheryl says
      Posted March 8, 2019

I’d like it better if you could put links to each individual product in your videos, bc I will often save the link/product on my home screen, so that when I need to go to the stores & buy products, I have it at my fingertips, otherwise, I’m too busy & forget all about it.

9. Natalie says
    Posted March 4, 2019

Do you have a link to the tanning oil you like? I’m on the hunt for a good one.

10. Ann says
    Posted March 4, 2019

Can you please link the self tanner? Thanks! Recently discovered you and love your authenticity and sense of humor! Hope everyone is soon well!

11. Lacey says
    Posted March 4, 2019

Can you use the detox shampoo when you have a Brazilian blowout?

Posted March 6, 2019

Hmm I don’t think that would be a problem, but I’d ask your stylist just to be sure!

12. Kate says
    Posted March 4, 2019

I have never tried any of these products before but they all look so cool. I am super intrigued about the collagen plumping mask. I will definitely have to check some of them out. Great post!

-Kate

13. Emily says

Hi Kate!

I have never reached out to any influencer or blogger. I just felt I needed to share this with you. I know many may chime in and say I shouldn’t share this or that I’m a hater. I am not. I’m just disappointed by your recent sharing.
    I watch your stories and relate usually to them here and there. Today was hard to take though.
    The conversation surrounding your sick kids, visits, missing appointments, and frustrations dealing with sickness just came off as rude and unthinking. I get the frustration as I have children and have had viruses invade our home on and off for months.

Three days ago a sweet lady on ig with a big following lost her little gal to cancer (Julia Valean) and the the attitude of her life dealing with horrific cancer compared your attitude with your sick but generally healthy kids was almost too much to take.
    I loved following you for years but am disappointed by all the stories you share and the lack of empathy you seem to have or maybe not even notice your giving off.
    I’m unfollowing you and hope you take some advice.
    Share less. Complain less.
    ❤️
    Emily

Posted March 6, 2019

You are certainly entitled to feel that way. I’m always going to share what is going on with my life, and my sharing whats happening in my own life doesn’t lessen what may happen in someone else’s life. I make it a very specific point to never say that we are going through something impossibly hard, when I know other people are going through much difficult situations. In fact, I think I pretty much always shared a positive point on every single story, but the filter through which you were watching may have not allowed you to see that.
      It’s unfair to compare my sharing to someone else’s, and it sounds like it was a good choice to unfollow. Appreciate your input, though I disagree with it being rude to share what is actually happening in my world right now.

• Candace says
        Posted March 7, 2019

Kate,

What grace you show here! ♥️

I did not get any of her feelings from you sharing, don’t for one second regret doing what you do.
        I love what you do, and so happy to be here. Press on!

• Cheryl says
      Posted March 8, 2019

Emily,
      You are REALLY off-base here with your comments towards Kate! Your emotionality over the other beauty blogger who’s daughter died, is coloring your thought process, SERIOUSLY!

I would be the 1st one to point out to someone that was over sharing or whining about their “situation”. Kate was just stating why she hasn’t done some vlogs, & what was actually going on with her family, NOT complaining! That’s 2 TOTALLY separate things!

I think you owe Kate an apology!

• Emily says
        Posted March 9, 2019

You are right. I was projecting my emotions onto Kate while watching her stories.
        I shouldn’t have shared any of this with her.
        I had a idea of how Kate was while following her blog. I really liked her blog post Content. Then blogging got huge on ig and everyone was sponsored. I get it too. It’s a great way to make money. I personally am a very successful business owner. I should just keep my opinions to myself.
        Once ig stories became a thing I saw a Kate and was just not into the blog as much. She wasn’t at all what I thought she was. That’s on me.
        I’m done watching all stories on ig. I don’t need to know what day to day and moment By moment life is like for bloggers. I got sucked in.
        I’m out now.

Kate wish you all the best.

Cheryl you seem fun.

14. Michelle says
    Posted March 5, 2019

What is an undereye product you’d recommend over the Becca product fail? I am currently waiting for my Becca one to run out and I’m hoping to spend my $20 better next time!

Posted March 6, 2019

Well I’d just look for a good eye cream. That product just didn’t really no anything, but an eye cream will moisturize and probably brighten! I like Origins GinZing or the Olay eye gel (feels cool on the skin, great to use in the morning!)

15. Dana says
    Posted March 5, 2019

What shade is the #nofilter finishing powder?

Posted March 6, 2019

the lightest!

16. Chantal Rogers says
    Posted March 5, 2019

Hi Kate! I recently tried the nars sheer glow and holy wow I love it! I tried it without a setting spray and with, and I have to say the setting spray took it to a whole new level! I have combo oily skin and the smashbox setting primer spray made the foundation look smooth and glowy all day, with no oil slicks, seperation or budging!

Hope you all start to feel better soon! xo

Posted March 6, 2019

sounds like you found a winning combo!

17. Rachel says
    Posted March 6, 2019

I think it would be great if you showed different looks with the Milani eye shadow pallet!

18. shelley faw says
    Posted March 6, 2019

I love you!!

19. Suzanne says
    Posted March 7, 2019

Kate I am SO GLAD you said the Becca failed you, me too! I feel like I am the only one who doesn’t love it. It did nothing for me at all. Save the money ppl.

20. Heather says
    Posted March 7, 2019

What’s the bronzer?

21. Carol says
    Posted March 7, 2019

any chance you could link us up with the tanner? 🙂 I have the same eye palette and blush and love them as well! Thanks for the great video!

22. Cheryl says
    Posted March 8, 2019

23. Christina says
    Posted March 13, 2019

Hi! Can you link the bronzer whenever you have time? I believe it was Physician’s Formula.

Thanks for all the recommendations and through explanations. I find it to be really helpful!