Makeup I’m Loving Right Now

I talk about the makeup or skincare I’m trying out quite regularly on Instagram so be sure to follow along over there to say in the loop!

I’m working on a more comprehensive look at some foundations I’ve been loving recently but I’m waiting until I can speak normally and am over my sinus head cold disaster before I make more videos!

In the meantime. . .

Here is some of the makeup I’ve been loving lately. I change things up often, but on a recent trip out of town I only brought these things and was happy with my choices!

Nars Sheer Glow foundation – The first time I applied this foundation I thought it looked more like a full coverage than a buildable “sheer glow”. I *liked* the look but I was surprised at the result. Since using it a few more times I’ve learned that it truly is buildable, just like Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. You can swipe on one pump with fingers and get a really natural finish or you can apply a bit more, perhaps using a brush, for a fuller coverage. It looks radiant on the skin and I really love how to wears and looks in photos!

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away concealer – This has been a go-to concealer for a few months now. It looks natural but covers and brightens with ease.

Milani Rose Powder blush in Blossomtime – I love the soft rosy pink of this blush and it has the nicest warm reflection to it on the skin.

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette – This is such a beautiful palette and a total splurge as well. I’m looking for another highlight and bronze/contour palette that is a bit more budget friendly but I can assure you that you won’t be disappointed with this one if you try it.

Milani Soft & Sultry palette – I found this palette at Ulta and was so pleased to see it was only $20. It’s a GREAT all around neutral palette that you can do so much with. The colors blend beautifully and it’s a good size for traveling too!

Anastasia Brow Perfect Brow Pencil – I use a handful of different eyebrow products but I always come back to Anastasia brow pencils.

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Demolition (dark brown) – My go-to eyeliner

Benefit Roller Lash mascara – I love this mascara. It holds the curl so well and leaves an inky finish without being TOO wet.

Clinique Botton Lash mascara – Great for finding the smallest bottom lashes!

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Petal – These are so easy to wear and you almost never need a mirror to apply them! I love Petal for a soft pink.

If you are in the mood for a makeup tutorial video, you’ll love this (it has some drugstore products that I’ve been loving as well!)

In this post:

1. Posted February 26, 2019

I didn’t know there were mascaras specifically for bottom lashes! I love Clinique so might give their product a try. Thanks for the recommendation. 🙂

2. Allie says
    Posted February 26, 2019

Most of these are my favorites too, especially the CT and fresh sugar lips in petal. Have you tried the Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow pencils yet? I got the Amber Haze color and it’s so easy to apply and blends out to the perfect smoky brown with just a trace of sparkle I highly recommend!
    xAllie

3. Debi says

Hi Kate

What shade do you use in the Nars foundation?

Thanks
    x

Posted March 4, 2019

Salzburg!

4. Jenna Sherard says

Such beauty

5. Emma Desart says
    Posted February 26, 2019

What Eshade of Magic Away do you use?

Posted March 4, 2019

2 or 3

6. Posted February 26, 2019

These all sound like such beautiful products! I love the Charlotte Tilbury bronze and glow palette x

Shannon | https://shannonmichelle1.blogspot.com

7. susan stulga says
    Posted February 26, 2019

where are your earrings from?

Posted March 4, 2019

J.crew Factory !

8. Lauren says
    Posted February 26, 2019

Where are those earrings from!?

• Sarah says
      Posted February 26, 2019

Glad you asked. I would love to know too!

• Steph says
      Posted February 27, 2019

I’d like to know also. Very cute!

• breanne says
      Posted February 28, 2019

I’d also like to know where those earrings are from.

• Diana says
        Posted March 1, 2019

I’d also like to know where those earrings are from?

• Tracy Rieg says
          Posted March 4, 2019

J Crew Factory

• breanne says
            Posted March 4, 2019

Thank you!

Posted March 4, 2019

J.crew Factory !

9. Christine says
    Posted February 26, 2019

Hi Kate! I’m really glad you’re tackling the topic of foundations. This is something I’ve been struggling with lately. Turns out my 30-yr-old face is different than my 25 (or even 29) yr-old-face. Who knew? My skin profile: very oily, need full coverage for blemishes, but want something that won’t sit and hang out in my smile lines around my mouth. I’m sure there are pricey products that would work but can an affordable drugstore foundation accomplish this? I would love to know what you’ve found. Thank you so much!

• Rachael says
      Posted March 1, 2019

Hi Christine! You should follow Nikkia Joy on YouTube. She has extremely oily skin and is always posting about products, high end and drugstore, that she finds that work for her. While we all love Kate and would never want to detract from that, I am a firm believer in also following people with similar skin types!

• Christine says
        Posted March 1, 2019

Thanks so much for the suggestion, I’ll absolutely check her out!

10. Mary says
    Posted February 26, 2019

Let me know if you’ve done any videos using the roller lash mascara. I have some but I can’t seem to get the hang of it to curl my lashes. Love your videos and tutorials! Always very helpful.

11. Molly says
    Posted February 26, 2019

What shade of Nars Sheer Glow foundation? Thanks!

Posted March 4, 2019

Salzburg!

12. Marta says
    Posted February 26, 2019

Those seem like amazing products. I only use cruelty-free cosmetics so most of those I’m gonna have to say “pass” haha but I really need to try that Anastasia pencil, everybody says it’s great but is it really that amazing? I’ve been using a NYX pomade for the longest time but if a pencil is easier I might have to try it out because brows are my least favourite part of doing my makeup.

13. Ashlee says

Hello Kate!

I’ve been wanting to ask about this for awhile. I know you’ve written blogs about using concealer, but I’m still a concealer struggle bus over here. I’ve tried all the fancy products, but it seems as though my INTENSE dark circles are impenetrable. Even when I went to sephora for them to do a mini makeover on me and they used every tool at their disposal I still looked in the mirror and was like….”Uuuuh, but you can still see them?”. I’m currently using CT Magic Away concealer, I tried the LM secret brightening powder and returned it bc it didn’t feel like it did anything. I’ll admit I probably don’t have the best undereye cream or primer, but I do use the creams and primers that I can afford at this point? Any thoughts?

Posted February 27, 2019

Have you tried using an under eye corrector? That may help with the darkness! I really love the bobbi brown one. Look for something with peach to offset purple colors in your under eye area! https://www.sephora.com/product/corrector-P270555

14. Habi says
    Posted February 26, 2019

Love these products. Thanks for the post!

15. Sandee says

Hi,
    I really enjoy your tutorials! And I love your hair color! Can I ask what you do for your hair color? Weave only? Weave and base lift? Something else?
    Thank you!

16. Posted February 27, 2019

I absolutely love the CT concealer product. It’s perfect for covering under eyes and brightening! It’s creamy so doesn’t crease, doesn’t smudge and isn’t drying!

17. Jessica says
    Posted February 27, 2019

Hello! Question…I love the Benefit Roller mascara but by the end of the day it seems to all end up under my eyes. Any tip for keep it in place during the day?

Posted February 27, 2019

Hm I’ve never had that problem with it! YOu can try the waterproof version otherwise I would try adding a setting powder to your concealer to make sure if any does flake off it doesn’t stick to your under eye area!

18. Katelyn says
    Posted February 27, 2019

I want to love those FRESH Sugar lip balms but the stick is way too big for my thin lips!

19. Posted February 27, 2019

Totally agree with Kate- you most likely need to correct/neutralize the darkness before you can conceal it. What color is your darkness? Is it brown? Purple? Blue? Knowing that will help you determine the right color of corrector. I use Benefit Boing Brightening (formerly known as Erase Paste)- it is my hands down go-to and it is SO Good, I really don’t need a separate concealer but I still use one because I like a brighter under eye. For the record, my discoloration is on the blue side and the peach pink
    of this corrector does a great job of neutralizing it. Search YouTube- there are so many great video’s on the subject you will be able to find one that will suit you. There is a great one on the Sephora Channel! The Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder is mostly used to set the concealer more so than to actually brighten. That is the job for your corrector and concealer. Good Luck!!!

20. Kate says
    Posted February 27, 2019

Your makeup is so pretty! I have been looking for new foundations to try, so I definitely need to try out the one you linked! Great post.

-Kate

21. Danae says
    Posted March 1, 2019

Seriously in LOVE with the exhibitionist mascara!! Thank you for sharing!

22. Miranda says
    Posted March 2, 2019

I’ve been using the Charlotte Tilbury concealer. I’m usually the lightest concealer shade so that’s what I picked. I keep seeing these amazing reviews but I get no coverage from it 😭 it takes 3 layers just to cover my dark circles which I didn’t think were super crazy and then it looks dry and cakey. Can a concealer shade be too light?

23. Chela says
    Posted March 3, 2019

I have a request: can you write a blog or do a video on your face cleansing routine? I always have the worst time removing waterproof mascara and wind up with unwanted smudged black both on my top lid and under my eyes the next day. I use Neutrogena face wipes, then the facial cleanser afterwards and still end up using a qtip w/coconut oil to remove the aftermath. Sigh…

Posted March 4, 2019

OH yes, waterproof mascara is a beast. I never use it because it that! If you can rest the face wipes on the mascara for a few minutes that should loosen it up!

• teresa says
      Posted March 8, 2019

I wear waterproof mascara, and for years I have been using the Neutrogena Eye Make-up Remover to remove mascara.

24. Tanya says
    Posted March 3, 2019

Well now I need to go get it all! I just recently found you on Instagram and you’ve quickly become one of my favourites!!!

25. Tracy Rieg says