Conditioning Products for Dry, Distressed Hair

Alterna was nice enough to send me a few products from their line after I raved about their Volume Mist on stories and I’ve fallen head over heals in love with 2 of their Restructuring products. I also wanted to throw in this Living Proof serum too because it’s great!

The Restructuring Bond Repair Leave-In Overnight serum is incredible for dry hair. My hair is drier than ever before so I’m slathering it in products to help revive my distressed ends! I trimmed it recently which helped but I’m also trying to continue to care for it. I was worried this product would feel waxy or thick on dry hair but it slid right on and conditioned even the driest section. I wash my hair often because I typically work out every day but I love that I can slide this onto my dry hair at night, sleep, work out, and then rinse it out when I wash my hair. It doesn’t leave a greasy residue and it feels great on dry hair.

I’ve also been using the Restructuring Bond Repair 3-in-1 sealing serum to help keep my dry split ends from splitting higher! It is light, thin, and conditions my ends so well. I use this daily!

Another product I’ve been enjoying is the smooth blow out concentrate by Living Proof. It has very high heat protection which is helpful for the hair and also helps cut some frizz. This is a thin serum just like the 3-in-1 sealing serum.

You certainly don’t need to use all 3 of these products at once, but I wanted to share a bit about them since I’ve been enjoying them and they have helped my hair!

p.s. Here are some preventative ways that you can take care of your hair, too!

1. Posted February 22, 2019

Hopefully I’ll find some of these products in Hong Kong! I’ve always been interested in Living Proof’s products. 🙂

2. Karen Kasberg says
    Posted February 22, 2019

Would you recommend using a purple shampoo for brunettes with blonde highlights? If so, any suggestions on which product? Thanks in advance.

• Marilyn says
      Posted February 26, 2019

I use a purple shampoo and conditioner for my blonde highlights in my brunette hair per my hair stylist and it helps brighten them. I do this about once a week. I use Joico(not sure of the spelling)

• Karen Kasberg says
        Posted February 26, 2019

Thank you Marilyn! I just purchased that very same brand. Hoping for good results. 😊👍🏻

3. Michelle says
    Posted February 22, 2019

The Living Proof concentrate is my holy grail for blowing out my naturally curly hair! I have tried SO many products and this one works better than anything to give me that super smooth look.

4. Marta says
    Posted February 22, 2019

They seem like amazing products and now that I colour my hair I feel like I really need moisturizing products. Thanks for the suggestions!

5. Angela says
    Posted February 22, 2019

I tend to rely on these types of products when I get lazy with my trims – they definitely help! Love the sound of the overnight serum.

Angela at Blush & Pearls

6. Lisa says
    Posted February 22, 2019

I am loving the volume mist by alterna. I put it on my wish list and got it in my stocking for Christmas. I pair it with a blow dry mist and I look so much more put together. Last week I started trying your swoop technique and immediately received compliments. My next big step is to get a curling iron.

Question: Tomorrow morning I’m getting my hair colored so since I won’t wash it before I go, I didn’t put any product on it this am. My question is, is that necessary or is it ok to put products in my hair on the day (or day before) I get my hair colored?

7. Janice Fagg says
    Posted February 22, 2019

I use the purple bottle of Pureology. It works amazingly well.

8. Kristin says
    Posted February 22, 2019

Question for you – do you recommend applying conditioner to your whole head or just the ends? My hair hits just above my shoulders and I feel like I’m always being told to only apply to my ends, but my stylist applies to my entire head when I’m in for a cut. (I forgot to ask her about this when I got my previously long hair cut short recently!) Thanks!!

9. Posted February 23, 2019

I need this 3-in-1 serum in my life! I get pretty dry ends, so something like this would be perfect to help with it daily x

Shannon | https://shannonmichelle1.blogspot.com

10. Kate says
    Posted February 23, 2019

I definitely need to try a these products out! My hair is always dry, and even more so this time of year when it is super dry out. I absolutely love to use conditioner hair masks. On top of that I also only wash my hair 3-4x a week! Great post.

-Kate

11. Posted February 24, 2019

After your review I will look for it in Poland. I’m always looking for a good hair products for dry hair and these seems to be worth trying 🙂

12. Dana says
    Posted February 24, 2019

What kind of a teasing comb do you recommend?

13. Lisa O'Connor says
    Posted February 24, 2019

Hello! I have followed you forever and just realized I should ask YOU for ideas on my daughters hair. She has beautiful long hair…but even though I have her wash every other day it always looks greasy! Yet her hair is crunchy and tangles so easy. She also always has flakes. I’ve helped with washing making sure she gets out all the shampoo and conditioner. I am just overwhelmed by all the products and what to use. Can you help? Thank you!

Posted February 25, 2019

The flakes and greasiness may mean dandruff–sometimes overactive sebaceous glands on the scalp cause flakes because of build up. I’d try a dandruff shampoo just to rule that out!

14. Posted February 25, 2019

Oh, these products sound really good!!

15. Posted March 1, 2019

I really do like a lot of Living Proof products. One of my favorites that I use on myself and my clients is the “full dry volume blast.” If you’re looking volume, it won’t disappoint!

16. Posted April 21, 2019

I use biotin shampoo and conditioner and it reflects great results. These products are sulphate and paraben free.

17. Diana says
    Posted May 4, 2019

I have very dry end and need a product that I can use on the days that I do not wash my hair to help with the dryness.