A Simple Cat Eye Tutorial

This is the quickest and easiest (yes I said easiest) way to glam up your makeup if you’ve got something special going on. And guess what: you don’t even need to mess with liquid liner if you don’t want to!

I shared my steps for getting a cat eye that is a bit dramatic but not overstated. The thing about a cat eye eyeliner look is that you can make it as dramatic as you want! Go full on Cleopatra or tone it down with a kitten eye.

I mention in the video that if you have hooded or deep set eyes like Andreea, you’ll appreciate all the tips she gives during this tutorial!

I used a kohl eyeliner, the 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner in Perversion, my favorite smudge brush from Sephora and then the Kat Von D liquid liner in Trooper. I finished the eyes with Benefit Roller Lash mascara on top and Clinique Bottom Lash on bottom! I’m wearing Neutrogena MoistureSmooth lipstick in Pink Nude on my lips.

1. Posted February 13, 2019

There’s always time for a classic cat eye! Looking gorgeous as ever, Kate! ❤️

2. Christina says
    Posted February 13, 2019

This looks so awesome and edgy (but not too edgy) on you! Thanks for sharing!

3. Michelle says
    Posted February 13, 2019

Gorgeous!! (as always…)

4. Michele says
    Posted February 13, 2019

Would you consider doing a brow tutorial? Years of overplucking (thanks, mean girls in high school) have left mine sparse and uneven, and my filling jobs don’t look nearly as natural as yours.

5. Angela says
    Posted February 13, 2019

Love a good cat eye – they help me look more awake, although if I’m too sleepy I make a mess of things. Yours is super cute and simple!

Angela at Blush & Pearls

6. Gina says
    Posted February 13, 2019

Thanks for the link to Andreea’s video. I was especially thrilled to see her using Revlon Colorstay foundation. I recently tried Colorstay about two months ago, and I love it!! I have NEVER had success with a drugstore foundation, but this stuff has such a cult following, I thought I’d give it a try.
    Just curious, have you ever used Revlon Colorstay foundation? I would love to see you do a tutorial and give us your thoughts?

7. Katie says
    Posted February 13, 2019

This look is so pretty!

8. Marta says
    Posted February 13, 2019

That looks really good and effortless. I believe it can be easy to do and I’m not that bad with makeup but somehow I can never get things right when I follow instructions. It’s more likely that I’ll end up with that look when trying to do something else than if I was trying to do it on purpose haha

9. Posted February 13, 2019

Where can I get those earrings?

10. Posted February 13, 2019

I love how simple this look is! Absolutely stunning x

Shannon | https://shannonmichelle1.blogspot.com

11. Theresa Ohning says
    Posted February 13, 2019

I’ve been following you blog for a few weeks. I have learned a lot. Thanks for the hooded eye video. I have small hooded eyes and will try these techniques.

12. Annette Silveira says
    Posted February 13, 2019

Andreea is the cutest! I’m not confident that I can do either of these techniques, but I am going to try. I used to (badly) do a cat eye and my husband is always asking me to bring it back.

13. Sara says
    Posted February 13, 2019

I love this makeup look on you! So beautiful!!

14. Posted February 15, 2019

Stunning, clean and classy and simple. Love it as opposed to full on and dark and edgy. Not a flattering look for me! Thank you Kate!

15. Isabella says
    Posted February 16, 2019

Like your top, it look very pretty. Where could we purchase it?

16. Rebecca says
    Posted February 23, 2019

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good drugstore liquid eye liner?

• GGirl says
      Posted March 28, 2019

Hi,

I like Expert Wear® Twin Brow & Eye Wood Pencil by Maybelline. It’s very inexpensive and lasts forever.

But for me, the best part was using it.

I have a very hard time using liquid liners and when I do get them on right, it just looks so intense on my small eyes.

The Maybelline pencil is sort of waxy so you can control it easily because you have to run the pencil back and forth a few times to get a dark color to show up. This reduces the risk of getting too much eyeliner on and having to take some off.

It just works well for me. 🙂

17. Beth Mann says
    Posted February 27, 2019

I bought the Nutrogena Moisture Smooth Lip Crayon in Nude, I love it!!!! Another must try, which I was only able to find at Walmart, is the Nutrogena Protect & Tint. It’s a light coverage, which I love, and it feels great!!! I get just enough coverage and I feel like I have nothing on. Love it!!