Extra Volumized Easy Curls

I’ve done a few curling tutorials already, but I filmed another one pointing out some specific ways I’ve been getting extra volume in my hair lately!

I’ve been using a new product by Bumble and Bumble for the past few weeks and really see a difference in how thick my hair feels which is always a win in my book!

What I used in the video:

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Go Big Volumizing Treatment

T3 Cura blow-dryer

T3 Singlepass Curl 1.25”

Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast

I’m wearing Make Up For Ever Artist Liquid Matte Lipstick in 105.

When I was placing a recent order online at Sephora.com, I added this fun kit of a few nude lip colors to my cart. I typically wear color on my lips but I thought I’d try out some favorite nudes just for a different look this fall. It comes with 2 full size and 3 smaller (but not tiny) sizes of nude lip colors, from a classic lipstick to a long-wear matte finish. If you like a nude lip color, this is a great price to get your hands on 5 different shades!

If you aren’t signed up for the Beauty Insider Program at Sephora yet you should sign up! It’s totally free and you get discounts and promotions simply for being a part of the program! Click here to learn more about it.

This post is sponsored by Sephora.

In this post:

1. Jennifer says
    Posted September 28, 2018

If only my hair looked that good after blowing upside down…

2. Anglea says
    Posted September 28, 2018

This post came at the perfect time! Planning on curling my hair tonight for an event and will be using your tips!

Angela at Blush & Pearls

3. Emily H says
    Posted September 28, 2018

I’m always trying to add more volume to my hair, so I really appreciate this tutorial!

Do you have any tips for keeping the sections of hair separate while you’re curling? As soon as I un-clip the hair at the crown, I have a really difficult time grabbing those sections to curl without also picking up already-curled hair below.

• Sadie says
      Posted October 1, 2018

I have the same problem with separating freshly curled hair from uncurled hair. Hopefully we’ll get some helpful tips from others :-).

4. Emily says
    Posted September 28, 2018

So no aquage when you use the Bumble and Bumble spray??

5. Marianne says
    Posted September 28, 2018

I was wondering about the Aquage also…

6. Posted September 28, 2018

You are a hair wizard! It looks amazing and all that volume!

7. Pam A. says
    Posted September 28, 2018

Is this better than Aquage? And used instead of?

Posted September 30, 2018

It’s totally different. Aquage is a root lifter foam at the roots and the bumble product is more of an overall spray for lift and fullness throughout the hair! Aquage won’t add much thickness or fullness mid shaft to ends!

8. Posted September 28, 2018

You look beautiful! I always struggle with my hair having a lack of volume (it’s too straight!) so this is awesome! 🙂 ❤️

9. Shaunna Johnson says
    Posted September 28, 2018

Would you recommend the living proof product over the amikatexture spray you sue since it is for loose curls rather than flat iron? Or is the Amika texture soray ok for loose curls also?

10. Michele says
    Posted September 29, 2018

Ive been using a h eapermtexture spray and love how it keeps my growing out bangs out of my face and adds lift! So glad I found a budget friendly option!

I also had a very vivid dream that I met you and you showed me how to use Aquage…It was weird😛

I’ve been using a similar method with a curling wand (irons and I just don’t coordinate well together) and can’t manage to get that uniformity that you get in your curls. And hints in how to get that to happen? Do you find it’s easier to get curls to last when your hair is at its current length rather than when you’ve worn it longer?

11. Kate says
    Posted September 30, 2018

Thanks for the suggestions and video! Did you have any other product in your hair before drying besides the B and B spray?

12. Shelley says
    Posted October 1, 2018

Did you also use Aquage uplifting foam or just the new Bumble and Bumble product?

13. Morgan says
    Posted October 1, 2018

Lovely!
    Does the texturizing spray go on white like a dry shampoo?

14. Emily says
    Posted October 1, 2018

Love your videos! Your hair always styles so nicely! I have a lot of “baby hair” or shirt hair around the front of my face. Any styling ideas other than just hairspray to get them incorporated with the rest of my hair??

15. Donna says
    Posted October 1, 2018

Hi Kate, I have longer hair and the texture is coarse. Would you recommend this product for long hair women? I’m looking for something to help me at the root area and for it to last all day.

16. Karlie says
    Posted October 6, 2018

When oh wash you’re hair at night, how do you go about this process? Do you use the bumble spray, dry, then style in the morning? Does the volume stay? This was SO HELPFUL!

17. Kathy says
    Posted October 13, 2018

Is there a lot of fragrance in Bumble & Bumble? I can be a bit sensitive to certain fragrances…are there specific products you would recommend that are non-fragranced?

18. Priscila says
    Posted October 16, 2018

I would love to buy the Acura one but it’s too much for my budget. What’s the difference between this T3 Cura blow dryer and the T3 featherweight luxe 2i? the reviews from the featherweight is not so good but Costco is selling for a very low price but I see it’s been discontinued in other stores. Can you please tell me if it’s worthy buying it? I have very fine hair prone to breakages, curly and frizzy. Thanks

19. Nava says
    Posted October 24, 2018

I’m curious, did you use any other products before using the Bumble volumizer for this tutorial? Thank you!