A little blog update + my favorite coffee protein drink

Behind the scenes over here has been nothing short of crazy. I feel like I continue to repeat myself, but since the community of readers (YOU!) is just as important as creating content for the site, I want to fill you in on what has been going on.

As expected, the summer was challenging in the work/life balance department. I knew it would be, and it was. We are on the cusp of returning to a more normal routine here shortly, but until that time comes it’s going to still feel a little chaotic over here.

We’re oiling the machine so the machine can operate at it’s best very soon.

I hired not one, but two new team members. I’m very excited about each of them and what they bring to the table. Onboarding takes quite a lot of time so that has been taking priority during my work hours which has cut into the time I usually have to work on blog posts.

So content has been a little lighter than usual on the blog and while I **HATE** that I’m trying to cut myself a little slack and prepare well so periods like these won’t happen again.

In the meantime I’ve been drinking lots of coffee to stay energized! I stole this idea for a iced coffee protein drink from Courtney Shields and wanted to share it with you!

I use my Nespresso machine to pull a long shot of espresso, but you could also switch this up by using strong brewed coffee or even cold brew. You do you!

In a tall glass filled with ice add 1 shot of espresso. Top with Premier Protein drink in either Vanilla or Caramel. Stir and enjoy!

It’s a good mid-morning drink for me if I start to get hungry but it’s not close to lunchtime yet. And the extra caffeine provides a nice boost as well!

Thanks for hanging in through the summer, I’m looking very forward to all I have in the queue for blog content come the fall!

1. Erica Whitfield says
    Posted August 22, 2018

That’s actually a pretty popular Starbucks alternative for people who follow Weight Watchers because it is low in points!

oh good to know!

2. Jessica says
    Posted August 22, 2018

I love your blog! Even when it’s “lighter” than usual. I get so many hacks & good products from you. I also like the Premier Protein & espresso drink! I learned about following some weight watchers people on instagram. Caramel is definitely the best. Mmm! Thanks for all you Kate!

3. Jenny says
    Posted August 22, 2018

Well done on expanding your blog team! Love your blog, in fact I tried out one of your hair tutorials today (the Stacked Twist), and felt great. I don’t drink coffee but if I did I would give this espresso a shot for sure!

4. Posted August 22, 2018

Can’t wait to see the new content your new team members bring! I’m sure it’ll be awesome 🙂

5. Brianne Lesner says
    Posted August 22, 2018

I’ve been doing something similar for awhile now too! I don’t have a nespresso so I just buy the Starbucks unsweetened iced black coffee at the grocery store and add some of the caramel premier protein. It’s a great way to get extra protein and have coffee at the same time 🙂

Nice!

6. Hannah says
    Posted August 22, 2018

So exciting! Do we (readers) get to “meet” the new employees behind the blog? I thought it was just Justin this whole time 😉

7. Tamara Fort says
    Posted August 22, 2018

Don’t feel bad about putting you family first! It is just a season for you.

I know when I nursed my youngest the caffeine really affected him. Maybe that is Emily’s problem with her lack of daytime napping?

Posted August 22, 2018

I’ve thought of that, but I’ve tested out having much less and it doesn’t seem to affect her. But with babies you never really know! She’s improving with napping which is great!

8. Allison says
    Posted August 22, 2018

Such a good coffee drink idea! When I start drinking coffee again, I’m going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

Allison

9. Sherry says
    Posted August 22, 2018

This looks delicious!!! I love my iced lattes at Starbucks but can’t handle the caffeine so I do decaf. Any recommendations for a twist on this recipe for decaf and no expresso machine?

10. Sara says
    Posted August 22, 2018

I get the Trader Joe’s Cold Brew Concentrate and add about 1/4 cup of that, 5 ice cubes and caramel premier protein to the blender and it’s like a milkshake. So so good!

Also – Trader Joe’s coconut cold brew concentrate is delicious with chocolate premier protein – tastes like a mounds bar 🙂

11. Karly Foret says
    Posted August 22, 2018

Love the blog even when things are slower. That’s life!
    I like to pour my vanilla premier protein over ice and add a little cinnamon! Yum

12. Grace says
    Posted August 22, 2018

Also, there is an affordable (Big Lots under 7.00 for 7 oz jar) Bustelo Instant Espreso! 💕
    Dollar Tree had soy milk for 1.00 (32 oz)
    mix and enjoy! Great for travel and camping, etc.

I have also added the espresso to Atkins premade shakes. Caramel is my favourite.

btw – I love your blog and youtube!
    Congratulations on your recent family addition!

13. Allie says
    Posted August 22, 2018

Perfect to,one on the coffee drink! I’m always trying to cure my pre-meal snacking with someone healthy (or that at least isn’t candy or chips, haha). Thanks for yet another great tip! xAllie

14. Miki Nyckel says
    Posted August 22, 2018

I’ve never thought of protein powder + cold brew coffee. Awesome, I have to try this!

15. J says
    Posted August 22, 2018

Love your blog and your posts, but please take another look at Premier Protein’s ingredients. No one should be consuming DATEM, carrageenan, all those chemicals or the artificial flavors.

• Laura says
      Posted August 22, 2018

Yes blech!! I was obsessed with this coffee combo until I read what was in premier protein. Fake food, not good for you at all!

• Helen says
        Posted August 23, 2018

What’s really maddening to me is we used to buy their powder because it had stevia. Then one time it tasted different. They had replaced the stevia with Splenda and other things. I wish there were good options with better ingredients when I want something fast.

16. Alicia Cortez says
    Posted August 22, 2018

I love this drink combo! I grab a doppio espresso at Starbucks in a venti cup and add the caramel shake! And if I’m feeling extra saucy that day, I have them add a pump of sugar free cinnamon dolce and a pump of white chocolate mocha sauce. It tastes like a cinnamon roll in a cup!

17. Julie says
    Posted August 22, 2018

I’ve been adding premier protein vanilla to my coffee for a while! It’s so yummy!

18. Mary says
    Posted August 22, 2018

Any good recipes for the ninja coffee bar? Or how would I make this with that?

19. Michele says

Welcome, new friends!

20. Kelly says

Love this drink idea!

21. Kerry says
    Posted August 22, 2018

Thank you for all you do ! I love your honesty and all you share about yourself, and your family. Appreciate your time you give your viewers:) Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done Kate!!

22. Lyndsey B says
    Posted August 22, 2018

When following Weight Watchers, I used Premier Protein as my coffee creamer since and entire carton of it is only 2 points! (I got 23 points per day) It’s great!!

23. Posted August 22, 2018

coffee protein drinks are my Fav! Definitely trying this one!

24. Angela says
    Posted August 23, 2018

Sounds perfect for my rushed mornings. I have a long commute to work and normally don’t eat until I get there. Looks delicious too!

Angela at Blush & Pearls

25. Emily says
    Posted August 23, 2018

Would this work for hot coffee?