An Easy Knotted Half Up

A half up is always my go-to for pretty styles that aren’t overly dressy, and I love how pretty this knot looks in the hair. Check out the video below to see how to recreate this style!

These are my favorite bobby pins! They hold so well and don’t snag the hair. I styled my day 2 hair using a 1.5 barrel from the T3 Convertible Collection.

Post any photos of this style that you recreate over on Instagram and use #smallthingshair so I can come check it out! And follow me on Instagram to find 60 second hair tutorials as well!

p.s. For more recent hair tutorials, check out here and here!

1. Posted December 12, 2017

One of my favourite hairstyles to do is a half-up style. This is a nice, refreshing twist! 🙂

2. Michele says
    Posted December 12, 2017

So easy! I’ve been rocking that last knitted style you featured a couple of weeks ago and it seriously saved me from a few otherwise lousy hair days!

Can you offer some advice for those of us with bangs? I have side swept bangs that come to about the top of my nose, and I’m always at a loss as to what to do with them when I want to pull my hair away from my face in any way, as they look like I have two different styles going on. Often, they wind up looking like Justin Bieber circa 2011. That’s not an exaggeration, o matter how desperately I’d like it to be.

Random question: is Kate short for a longer name, or is your name Kate? My husband and I were talking about how people never use the longer form of his name (Matthew), even though he prefers that and not Matt. Made me start thinking of all of the people I know (or in the case of you, “know”) with names which may or may not be short for so,etching else. Just being randomly nosy!

Totally trying this new style this week!

• Michele says
      Posted December 12, 2017

Oh geez, soooo many typos! Sorry!

3. Allie says
    Posted December 12, 2017

This looks so beautiful! I love your hair tutorials, thank you so much for sharing! xAllie http://www.theallthatglittersblog.com

4. Ashley says
    Posted December 12, 2017

Kate, you look so much like Erin Krakow in that one picture below the video! I love this look. I’m going to try it out! Also, I have very silky smooth, straight, fine, hair. You convinced me to try some texture spray, and I am loving the difference that it is making in my styling. Thanks for all the tips!

5. SBakes says
    Posted December 12, 2017

Always so pretty! Would you mind sharing where you got your earrings? We have similar taste in jewelry and I already have some of your other favorite earrings from Madewell and JCrew. Thanks!

6. Erinn says
    Posted December 12, 2017

So this is so gorgeous! Not sure if I can pull it off though..I’m hopeless when it comes to hairstyles!

7. Susan Schnitzler says
    Posted December 12, 2017

Super cute and looks easy. I’ll give this one a try!

8. Kim says
    Posted December 12, 2017

I absolutely LOVE this hairstyle! It looks so elegant!

Kim

http://trendkeeper.me .. NEW ARRIVALS AND 20% off!

9. Laura says
    Posted December 12, 2017

Definitely going to try this- looks simple enough for me! Also, your office is looking great and I love the tree in the background! Merry Christmas!

10. Hannah says

Beautiful! Can’t wait to try this on out 🙂

11. Sara Baysinger says
    Posted December 12, 2017

Very pretty! What lipstick are you wearing here?

12. Angela says
    Posted December 12, 2017

So cute! Love that I can actually do this style – I’ll be trying it over the holidays!

Blush & Pearls by Angela

13. Vivian says
    Posted December 12, 2017

That is such a beautiful and festive look! I love it! And I just love the lipstick/gloss you are wearing. It looks stunning on you!

tinyteathings.blogspot.com

14. Kelly says

Kate,
    I would love to know how you did your make up for this tutorial video! It’s a gorgeous look I would love to try and recreate with this half up knotted style! Thank you!
    Kelly

15. Meghan says
    Posted December 14, 2017

Kate, I was wondering, have you tried any of the Kristin Ess hair products from target? Her new kit comes with a French Pin and I would love to see how you use this precious pin! Thanks so much!

16. Monica says
    Posted December 14, 2017

Hi Kate,
    Love this whole look! What lip color are you wearing? Its the perfect pink and I’m obsessed with the search for the perfect pink lip color.

17. Natali says
    Posted December 18, 2017

Such a beautiful and princessy hairdo!

18. Kate says
    Posted December 19, 2017

That is so pretty! I’m going to try it…even though I’m not sure I’ll get a knot out of my short hair!

K A T E L A T E L Y || fashion & lifestyle blog