5 Simple Ways to Boost My Confidence

I am in a busy season of major multitasking. It’s a good thing I’m really good at it and never let the ball drop, right?

Yeah right.

I’m quite bad at multitasking, but I am good at streamlining and attempting to set myself up for success so I don’t run into a disaster.

There are a few things that I like to do in order to feel confident and good about myself. They are quick and simple, but go a long way for me personally. See the video below to learn what the 5 things are!

A few of these things are focused on convienence and function, like my bag and my jeans, but the Living Proof PhD Fresh cut Split End Mender and the bold lipstick color are really easy ways that I can feel fresh and confident about my appearance!

Do you have a few things that you keep in your mental catalogue to do when you need a little boost? I’d love to hear them below as I’m sure you have great ideas that I haven’t thought of!

this video was created in partnership with Living Proof, all opinions are my own (as usual).

1. Emily says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Loved this post! Probably your most asked questions but…..What lipstick are you wearing in your video? love it.

MAC Flocking Fabulous!

2. Jane says

What bag is that? Link please! 🙂

3. Angie Poulsen says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Do you have a high rise skinny jean that you recommend? That is exactly what I need.

I love AG jeans 🙂

• Angie Poulsen says
        Posted March 3, 2016

Thanks! I will check them out!

• Dawn says
      Posted March 3, 2016

AG jeans – I checked out their website because I was interested in Kate’s recommendation. AG Jeans wouldn’t be a problem, however the jeans are all $200+! Yikes! I couldn’t bring myself to buy them no matter how fabulous I looked in them. I’d rather spend the dough on my kids 🙂 I’ll have to keep my eye out for a jean recommendation that isn’t so pricey.

• Amanda says
        Posted March 3, 2016

American Eagle has a great high rise jean. Great fit, stylish without being so “mom jean” I discovered them last year after my 4th baby. SO Thankful!

• Julie says
          Posted March 3, 2016

Ditto on the AE high rise. I purchased a dark wash and a medium wash two or three years ago and they’re still my favorites to wear. They are stretchy and super comfy but don’t lose their shape at all throughout the day.

• Priscilla says
        Posted March 5, 2016

AG jeans are some of the best Jeans I own, and I have a LOT! I reach for them time after time and they still look new. They are by far the most comfortable jeans, stretchy without being loose but structured enough that they don’t look sloppy. I’m not sure I could cough up $225 for them, though! I found mine at Nordstrom Rack for $99. Nordstrom also puts them on sale from time to time. Go try them on and know what size and style you like then stalk them like crazy until you find them for less! SO worth it!

• Dawn says
          Posted March 6, 2016

Good to know. Thank you very much for noting that to me ?

4. Ellie says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Ditto on the jeans question!:)

5. Kathy says
    Posted March 3, 2016

I feel put together if I have on cute jeans and top, and I really feel done with a watch and my rings. You hit the high points! Cute purse, I was in that mindset until recently and I went back to a large tote for weekends. My kids are 4 and 2 and I carry everything for them and me-jackets, bottled water, snacks, extra clothes. I enjoy your blog immensely, and you’ve helped me go from yoga pants and ponytail to the very things mentioned in this post, so thank you!

6. Emily says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Post seemed fake and scripted… Not very genuine at all 🙁

• Grete says
      Posted March 4, 2016

What on earth…? You must have a lot of time on your hands to have watched the whole video and taken the time to make that kind of comment.

• Posted March 4, 2016

All through the video I was actually thinking how refreshing it is to read/watch a sponsored post that I feel Kate has taken time in to crafting a sweet, intentional post, helpful for her readers.

Charitie
      Vis à Vis
      p.s. While I do enjoy the beauty tips for confidence, a focus on your inward beauty philosophy – maybe the lessons you learned from your mother? – would carry weight & interest (maybe what the above reader was intending?)

7. Marisa says
    Posted March 3, 2016

What is the name of lipstick used in video?

MAC Flocking Fabulous!

8. Buffy says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Ignore the negative comments! How great is it to be making a living talking about stuff you love! All the while getting to stay home with your boys:) Still you post all good advice.
    I do have a question… Can you tell me a little about the beatycon in Dallas? I’m not quite sure from their website if it’s for someone that enjoys beauty products or is it just for proffesionals? Also does it include hair products?
    Also, I really enjoy your posts and snaps with your boys. I enjoyed my girls growing up so much and it really takes me back. Thank you for sharing!

9. Abby says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Love this post! I’m in the same season of life. : ) I tutor from home, so this is great!

10. Beth Tessier says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Great tips Kate! I have been a mom for almost 20 years now (EEEEEEK!!!) and I can say that these tips are crucial for those of us who stay home with our kiddos most days. I found that jeans and a “stylish” top, simple daily makeup, and a updated, simple-to-style hairstyle was a must so that I didn’t fall into slob-mom mode! ha <3 Not that there is anything wrong with a good casual day as well!…..just not EVERY day!

• Beth Tessier says
      Posted March 3, 2016

Also…simple stylish flats and a cute bad is a must!! You nailed it!

• Beth says

*bag ?

11. Sarah says
    Posted March 3, 2016

What is the brand/name of your watch you showed in the video?! In need of a new one!

• Nichole says
      Posted March 3, 2016

I’d like to know as well!

• Katie says

It’s The Horse

12. Cait says
    Posted March 3, 2016

ugh thank you for this! little things like this always boost my confidence as well! xo

13. Kelly says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Timely post kate! I’ve been struggling with what to wear while I’m at home with my 3 year old and 10 month old. I usually find jeans are too restricting because I too, like to get on the floor and play with them. So I resort to leggings but then feel frumpy. Maybe I’ll look into the jeans you recommend! Thanks again!

14. Melissa says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Where did you get the plaid shirt that you have on?

15. Courtney says
    Posted March 3, 2016

To feel more put together and fresh I do my basic makeup routine (I got some great tips from yours!!) and I do something simple but intentional with my hair. It really does go a long way in helping me feel like I still care about my appearance while also being comfortable taking care of my 1 year old little girl. Thank you Kate for this post, always love your advice and knowing you are going through the same things as I am in this stage of life 🙂

16. Amanda says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Shower, minimal makeup(must include some eye liner and mascara) and I do my hair to feel good around the house. If I am leaving the house then cute flats, jewelry and a simple pair of jeans with a stylish shirt is all I need.

• Posted March 3, 2016

Exactly! Couldn’t agree with you more 🙂

17. Kara says
    Posted March 3, 2016

I loved this video and a bold, bright lipstick is now on my beauty shopping list! I must admit, I tend to gravitate towards a neutral lip (or nothing at all), but I love how the pink color brightens up your face. Thanks for the tips!

PS – It was fun to see you playing with your boys! They are adorbs!

18. Dawn says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Agreed! Have to have my cross body navy bag, pair of skin us on and a clean car (outside of it at least 😉 makes a world of difference for me!

By chance have you or anyone on here tried the Conair Secret curl tool? I recently received one for my birthday and am afraid to use it and not be able to return it! When I’ve seen those tools I fear it chewing up my air or some other disaster! I love my ol fashioned barrel iron for my lived in curls.

Review anyone out there??

19. Meagan says
    Posted March 3, 2016

I always feel super put together when I have my nails painted. I don’t know why. I just feel like I can conquer the world with a fresh mani.
    -Meg

20. Posted March 3, 2016

LOVE that Fossil bag! I wish I had heard about that split end mender earlier…I’ve been trying to grow out my hair and have some wicked split ends – just booked a haircut. I’ll definitely use that next time!

21. Dana says

Great post! Thank you!

22. Amy says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Would love you to do a hair tutorial on the Tyme flatiron. I can’t be the only lady?

23. Shalee says
    Posted March 3, 2016

I noticed that you didn’t use an lip liner, do you typically not wear a liner? I think part of my apprehension of picking new lip colors is having to also pick a liner and the cost of both. I’m so used to wearing a liner.

24. T says
    Posted March 3, 2016

Have you used the nexus split end leave in Creme? Is this better?

25. Posted March 3, 2016

Love your FOSSIL bag!
    Abbie E.
    abulouslife.blogspot.com

26. Lindsey says
    Posted March 4, 2016

Can you share a link for the jeans you show in this post?! Love the wash and they look stretchy!

27. Kristen says
    Posted March 4, 2016

I was watching your periscope from Monday. And I ordered the arbonne foundation from their website. It came in like 2 or 3 days! Just wanted to let others know it’s pretty easy to order the hardest part was deciding which one best matched my face!

28. Suzanne says
    Posted March 4, 2016

Thank you so much for this video and these tips, they were perfect! I second the lipstick, a pop of bright lipstick always makes me feel like I am ready to take on the day!

Suzanne

29. Katherine says
    Posted March 5, 2016

I loved your video! Loved the purse as well. I feel that I can relate to you easily!

30. Mel says
    Posted March 7, 2016

A bold lip always makes me feel super confident!!

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com

31. Rachel says
    Posted March 8, 2016

How do you know what the best nude/neutral lip color is best for yourself? I’m not one for wearing much “lipstick/lipgloss”, I’m addicted to Chapstick though, but I would like to give myself a little subtle color. Like a nude or light pink maybe.

32. Gemmeroni says
    Posted March 16, 2016

Your earrings are really pretty. Could you share where you got them?

33. Gina says
    Posted March 24, 2016

Loved this, as I am now doing daycare for my 2 year old grand daughter I have found that my “look” has become much more casual as well. I need to find some comfortable jeans as I find myself doing the leggings,sweats look more. Always love your blog