Date Night Makeup

datenightmakeuptutorial

The thought behind this makeup tutorial was going on a sweet, romantic date with your man. I kept it pretty soft with the focus on the  eyes, and a nude lip. Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day? If you are going out, perhaps this little tutorial will provide some inspiration for your date night makeup!

vdaydatenight-1

products used: CoverGirl Tru Blend face primer for dry skin, Mac Paintpot in Soft Ochre, CoverGirl TruNaked nudes palette; fawn, coffee and cocoa, Benefit Push Up Eyeliner, CoverGirl Lash Blast Plumpify Mascara, Shu Uemura eyelash curler, Laura Mercier Candleglow Luminous Foundation in Creme (with the Expert Face Brush), Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in 1, Make Up For Ever HD Concealer in R20, Hourglass Arch brow pencil in Platinum Blonde, It Cosmetics CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder, Tartist Contour Palette, Hourglass blush in Luminous Flush ,Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara ,Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Mushroom, Lipstick Queen Hang Ten, Jouer Birchbox Pink gloss

vdaydatenight-2

vdaydatenight-3

vdaydatenight-5

My hair was straightened with a flat iron (gifted from the brand), the stud earrings are from Elisabeth Ashlie, and my top is from StitchFix.

For more date night makeup tips, check out this post for ideas on how to create the perfect cheek and lip combo!

1. Leanne says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Your makeup and hair look so good together. I’m loving the straight hair on you.

2. Joni says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Gorgeous look! I love a soft make up look for date night instead of a bolder one. The straight hair looks nice on you and I love the length, too.

3. Elizabeth says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Looks beautiful! How did you end up liking the eyeshadow pallet? I was looking at it yesterday wondering how it would do.

4. Kristen says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Love this look! Classy and perfect for date night !

5. Amy says
    Posted February 9, 2016

I’m due for a haircut soon. What do I ask for from my hairdresser for this type of cut? : )

6. Lori says
    Posted February 9, 2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE STRAIGHT HAIR!!!

7. Meghan says
    Posted February 9, 2016

I love the soft makeup look. I always look to your blog for approachable makeup and hair tutorials. How did you get such great volume at your roots with a straight iron?

8. Kristen says
    Posted February 9, 2016

I also was wondering if you would ever dos stitch fix review? I’ve thought about trying it but am undecided.

• Tiffany says
      Posted February 10, 2016

She has done a review- twice, it think. Just search in the search bar and it will pull them up.

9. Posted February 9, 2016

I love how soft you made it look! I tend to put a little too much on the eye! I think for this Valentine’s Day I’m going to scale it back a little! =)

10. Amanda says
    Posted February 9, 2016

I love the look you created. Lining you waterline made your blue eyes really stand out! Have you ever tried Lancôme Grandiose mascara? It’s the one with the weirdly bent wand. It was a lash game changer!! Never have my lashes looked so long and full. If you’ve tried it, let me know what you thought.

11. Kassie says
    Posted February 9, 2016

You are just the cutest. Truly.

12. Ashley says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Love this post! Could you ever do a post about hair tools like curling irons, blowdryers, flat irons etc…Maybe include your favorites/maintenance/how long they should last…there are so many tools out there and I would like to see your opinion because you are always so honest!

13. Melissa says
    Posted February 9, 2016

So what’s your verdict on the eyeshadow?

14. Posted February 9, 2016

Love how you did the eyeshadow. Beautiful!

Kisses from http://poshnessary.com

15. Nicole says

i love your shirt!

16. Julia says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Love the straight hair you’re rocking! And your top with the little hearts is picture perfect 🙂

17. Posted February 9, 2016

I love your hair straight! The makeup is subtle and pretty and very romantic. Gorgeous!

18. Mary D says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Love the softness of this look!

19. Liz says
    Posted February 9, 2016

This is such a pretty look!

xo, Liz

20. Jen says
    Posted February 9, 2016

I’m desperate for a tutorial on your hairstyle! I’m sure it’s simple but my very similar hair lacks shape and polish to the ends when I flat iron. Please help 🙂

21. Courtney says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Absolutely beautiful!!!! Love love love!! Another awesome tutorial that I will be trying out 🙂

22. Donna says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Beautiful Beautiful!! You look so much like your sister in the fourth picture. Love the straight hair, looking forward to a long straight hair tutorial. Happy Valentines Day!

23. Posted February 9, 2016

Love the hair and makeup. Barbers and Stylist sign up to promote your portfolios. http://www.localcutz.com

24. localcutz says

http://www.localcutz.com Barbers & Hairstylist welcome to sign-up

25. Emilie says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Love the tutorial and your site! Do you have any suggestions of lengthening mascaras that don’t clump?

26. Kayla says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Straight hair tutorial asap please?!!

27. Lisa D says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Are you able to share what nail polish color you’re wearing? Thank you!

28. Evelina says
    Posted February 9, 2016

So pretty! I love the way the eye shadow turned out. And those earrings are gorgeous!!

29. Posted February 9, 2016

Beautiful look! I love more natural looks!

30. Amy says
    Posted February 9, 2016

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores is AWESOME! I suggest getting it in translucent (the HD one, I think it is called)–which may be what you were already going to get. I originally received the Bye Bye Pores in light. It was far too dark/tan for me. I am very light and typically use the lightest or bext to lightest shades for foundation and concealer. Their shade in light is not light. More tan or medium. I don’t know why that is. I can still use their Bye Bye foundation and their CC cream foundation in shade light, but the translucent Bye Bye Pores powder is so great. I love it! It fills in lines and doesn’t sit on top of the skin. It is so very great!

31. Kristin Harris says
    Posted February 9, 2016

You always do an amazing job. LOVE your blog! Thanks for your hard work on it ?

32. Posted February 9, 2016

I love your hair straight! It’s so pretty on you! And the makeup is classic. Do you have a tutorial for this straight style? I love your blog, it’s one of my favorites! 🙂

33. Jordan K. says
    Posted February 9, 2016

I love your hair straight… looks so pretty (not that your signature waves dont… just noticing the fun difference)! I also really appreciate your honesty putting your current skin challenges out there! I would live to send you (free of course) a Rodan & Fields skincare regimen in you’re interested. I struggled with breakouts for six years trying everything and nothing worked until I tried R&F. They have a line for skin redness/sensitivity, acne, wrinkles and reversing brown spots, freckles and dullness. If you’re at all interested in trying the products I would love to send you some at no cost! Just shoot me an email if you’re interested 🙂 jzkuban@yahoo.com If you want to look around at the products offered:

34. Mark says
    Posted February 9, 2016

Kate, You look so cute. Your face reminds of a teenager. You wonderful.

35. Alice says
    Posted February 10, 2016

Such a cute look, I love the idea of a really natural look for valentines 🙂 X

36. Lisa says
    Posted February 10, 2016

You should keep your hair straight more often. Very good look on you!

37. Megan says
    Posted February 10, 2016

Love this makeup look! So soft and feminine. And while I think your usual waves are gorgeous, this straightened look is a fun change! Plus I kind of envy the ability to wear hair straight – my corkscrew curls cannot be tamed!

38. Dawn LeVay says
    Posted February 10, 2016

Thank you for a wonderful tutorial. I got so many great tips. You look wonderful. Hope you have a lovely date night with your Valentine.

39. Posted February 10, 2016

Kate, this is probably one of the prettiest looks you’ve created. I just love it!

40. Cathy G says
    Posted February 10, 2016

I agree with others, please do a straight hair tutorial. 🙂

41. Sel says
    Posted February 10, 2016

Dear Kate, I have followed your blog for a very long time and I especially find your hair tutorials wonderful – thank you very much. Please don’t perceive my next thoughts as being mean spirited, as they are not. They are written from a point of concern. With make-up on, your skin appears to be radiant and healthy. Without make-up on, one can see that your skin is suffering and stressed. You will not be able to fix the condition of your skin with make-up. It is loaded with toxic chemicals that sit on your skin and are being absorbed by your body. The make-up is causing or contributing to your skin issues. All the chemicals that are contained in your make-up are creating a toxic load for your skin and body. Give your skin a break from all make-up, nourish your body with healthy food and spend time in the fresh air and sunshine and your skin will recover. Our bodies are designed to heal themselves. We just need to get rid of the rubbish that we ingest (garbage that is sold as food, but is not food) and the chemicals we put on our skin and surround ourselves with. It is not possible to eliminate all chemicals in our lives, but where you have a choice – you can minimize your exposure to them.
    There is a wonderful book titled “Radiant Health Radiant Skin” by Dr Megan Mathews and Alison Cassar. It is a guide to having radiant skin that looks at so many facets. For example excellent nourishing oils for the skin – coconut oil, macadamia oil, olive oil, rose hip oil, Shea butter and jojoba oil. Natural chemical exfoliants – apple and pear, berries, citrus fruit, honey and dairy (milk, buttermilk, sour cream and yoghurt).
    I own this book and I recommend it for anyone who wants to not only improve their skin, but their overall health.

42. Anchal says
    Posted February 11, 2016

loved your hair and natural make up.

natural skin care tips

43. Posted February 11, 2016

Love this video! Could you link the tutorial you did using the Tarte Contouring? I’m having a hard time finding it 🙂

44. Mel says
    Posted February 17, 2016

Love this! Your skin and hair look amazing!!

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com

45. Tertia says
    Posted February 19, 2016

I am from South Africa and love everything on your site ! Amaizing.

46. charie says
    Posted March 22, 2016

Hi Kate,

have you ever done an article on pictures. you always look so picture perfect and wonder if you have any tips.

47. Cynthia says
    Posted October 3, 2016

Hi, I love your work… I wanted to share a Skincare treatment I think you’d love for the red irritated spots you have been experiencing. It is by the doctor’s who created ProactiV..their new line is Rodan+Fields…I think you’d love their Soothe Regimen.. please check out my website and see for yourself..it has really helped me. Please keep up the good work?