Home Moments

home_thesmallthingsblog-1

We’ve been in our house for almost 4 months, and while we knew there were some aesthetic things we wanted to upgrade, it seems that list is growing at an alarming rate.

My mom and sister have mad skills when it comes to decorating a home, and so I let them do their thing when they are here. I don’t choose paint colors without my mom’s direction, and she can accessorize a room creatively in under 5 seconds. My sister is the gallery wall queen (as evidenced by this beauty she just hung in her new apartment) and hung a lot of the art and frames in my house!

If it were up to me I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to get anything done in a timely matter. In fact, I have a clock that needs to be hung sitting on the floor about 5 feet from the future location that has been there for 42 days. It will take less than 5 minutes to hang but for some reason I cannot find the will to hang it. What is my problem.

home_thesmallthingsblog-2

I love the little wooden “hello” that Kacia helped me attach to my front door(we used command stickers). It’s from Woodums! If you’ve been around the blog a bit you may have seen that I’ve spoken highly of Wallums for wall decals. You may have also seen the wood signs on the boys’ doors in the house too! (You can get 15% off your order at Woodums using code TSTB15!!)

I didn’t want a huge centerpiece for our dining room table, and I was tired of the runner + candles look, so my sister helped me put together this little arrangement of fake flowers. The lantern was found on clearance at Target, and the silver filling is from Ikea. We found the flowers at Michael’s.

home_thesmallthingsblog-3

I needed something to fill the corner between my couch and the wall, but I didn’t want a heavy piece of furniture. I love rooms that are airy and don’t feel bogged down with too many things. My sister and I found this bar cart at Target and my mom accessorized the top!

home_thesmallthingsblog-4

One of the first areas of the house that was finished was this front entryway. I loved the over sized matted frames, and of course had to put photos of the boys in there. The cabinet is old from Target (a square option), as well as the florals. I have absolutely no need for this but I’m in love with it.

home_thesmallthingsblog-5

I’m hoping to share more peeks at the house as things continue to come together, but I couldn’t help but are a few of my favorite small little decorations and corners!

1. Posted September 22, 2015

Love all these little touches, thanks for sharing them! I saw a Kohl’s bag sitting near our entryway this morning and was puzzled about it until I realized it’s the wall basket I bought to hang there for mail three weeks ago that I completely forgot about. (I blame pregnancy brain.) So I can empathize about things sitting around just waiting for us to hang them, lol. I really love that centerpiece and the bar cart too!

2. Shari says
    Posted September 22, 2015

I GOTTA KNOW!!!…..Where did you get your black and white rug? I drool every time I see it on snapchat or instagram.

Posted September 22, 2015

I found it at Home Goods!

3. Posted September 22, 2015

Absolutely beautiful!! And love your sister’s style, too! We’ve been in our new house for about a month and have been trying to work on the whole decorating thing, too. It’s so hard because I want it all done NOW, but then again, don’t want to rush into anything either.

4. Lindsay says
    Posted September 22, 2015

I love it! We recently moved and I’m decorating now as well; your aesthetic is very similar to mine, but naturally I am not gifted in this area. Thanks for sharing!

5. Michelle N. says
    Posted September 22, 2015

They decorate, you do hair. It all balances out!

6. Posted September 22, 2015

Your home looks amazing! I’m always looking for new ways to change up my home’s look!

Mary Kate

7. marie says

everything is so pretty 🙂

8. Sarah says
    Posted September 22, 2015

I have been searching for those frame with the oversize matte – where did you get them!? I love everything you have done/shared so far! 🙂

Posted September 22, 2015

I’m fairly certain I found those at Home Goods!

9. Lisa says

WOAH you have a gorgeous home! Love it 🙂

10. Lacy says
    Posted September 22, 2015

Love these details, Kate!

11. Cameron says

Kate,
    Would you be willing to do a video on how to use texture spray? I have bought the Amika undone texture spray at your recommendation. However, I haven’t found it that helpful. I’m assuming that I am just not using it right. A tutorial would be great!

Thank you.

12. Posted September 22, 2015

OMG I love the little “hello” sign on your door!! I pinned that for sure!

13. Aileen says
    Posted September 22, 2015

I love everything! Thanks for sharing your house. Can’t wait for more home posts 🙂

14. Posted September 22, 2015

I love that hello sign!

Her Heartland Soul

15. Krista says
    Posted September 22, 2015

I LOVE the little “hello” sign! Such a unique idea and I’ve never seen anything like it.

16. Heather says
    Posted September 22, 2015

Where did you find the big glass jar in the kitchen? Love it!

17. Allison says
    Posted September 22, 2015

Your house is stunning! I hope to have a house as beautiful as yours one day.

Love, Allison over at Allison’s Eye

18. Sue Barnard says
    Posted September 22, 2015

Your house looks calm and beautiful, but with two little boys I bet it’s a bit hectic !!!!
    I just love reading your blogs and watching your videos.
    Thank you from me in the UK ?

19. Chloe says
    Posted September 22, 2015

Love the door sign, very cute!! Unfortunately, with their discount and your discount the item becomes $16 but shipping is $33 to Canada! A bit insane for a little wooden word- will check out michaels or etsy instead for this, great idea!

20. Carli Heringer says
    Posted September 22, 2015

Its so beautiful! I love the colors!

21. Kelly says
    Posted September 22, 2015

The toys! How do you contain the toys for the boys? Do you have a designated playroom? My house looks like a giant toy box with no serene spaces like this. How do you do it?

22. Posted September 22, 2015

Hello! First time I am on here and I really enjoyed this post. Your home reminds me a bit of my own, love the simplistic details! I have just started blogging some of my creations now that we have been in our home about 5 months, such a process but a rewarding one for sure!
    Keep sharing, it is looking lovely!
    Best,
    Renee

23. Abby says

Hi Kate!

Love this post and your blog. I’ve been reading it for about 3 years. My question on this post is how do you keep David from getting things off the little tables? My 16 month old baby boy would have everything thrown on the ground in about a minute!

Thanks!
    Abby

24. Posted September 22, 2015

I’m the same way with my mom and sisters. For over two years, I’ve had a beautiful set of curtain panels for my living room….sitting on a shelf in the closet. They won’t get hung unless someone else does it. It’s just not something I care to mess with. Everything looks lovely in your home!

25. Megan says
    Posted September 22, 2015

I love it all! Maybe I need your mom and sister to come decorate for me
    ..ha, I wish!

26. Morgan says
    Posted September 22, 2015

I would love to see the rest of your house. I’ve always been fairly good at decorating and I swear since we moved in our new house last year I’ve head a decorators road block and it’s literally MAKING ME CRAZY! It’s always been something I’ve been good at. :/

27. Rachel says

Everything looks great! So pretty and clean 🙂

28. Diane says
    Posted September 22, 2015

Love the gray paint colors! What colors are they?
    Thx!
    Diane

• Lisa says
      Posted September 22, 2015

I was wondering the same thing! Love the gray paint color too!!

• Tanya says
        Posted September 24, 2015

Me too! Help us Kate – enlighten us so we can bust out some rollers and brushes!

29. Kristi says
    Posted September 22, 2015

Everything looks beautiful so far, Kate! I’m totally like you and have some pictures and things that should be hung, but I haven’t put them up yet, even though I have every intention of doing it!
    I especially love the arrangement on the table and the “hello” on your front door. So charming!

Kristi | Be Loverly

30. Posted September 23, 2015

So glad to see your making your house a home. I love that hello sign! Such a great idea that gives such a welcoming feel! I’m going to have to copy you!

31. Ramona says
    Posted September 23, 2015

That hello-sign-thing is one of the cutest thing i could imagine for seeing when entering home :-O <3

32. Rebekah says
    Posted September 23, 2015

Love the house posts! We’re remodeling and it’s nice to see someone else’s rooms. Thanks.

33. Jen says
    Posted September 23, 2015

Love the smaller glass jar on your kitchen counter, where did you find it? Grey is certainly a favorite of mine, my kitchen paint color is grey. I was not sure about it at first, but love the outcome.

34. Posted September 25, 2015

It’s all coming together! Looks great, I love all the personal touches 🙂

35. Katy says
    Posted September 26, 2015

What color is your wall paint?

36. TAra says
    Posted September 28, 2015

What is the paint color on your walls? I love it!!

37. Lana says
    Posted January 22, 2016

Love the floors! Are they oak? What is the stain color? I would like to refinish my oak floors.

38. anubhav says
    Posted March 19, 2016

Nice Images,I like this Blog! Really good work…

39. Melissa says
    Posted March 28, 2017

I have been searching your blog for the paint color on your walls!! Please help! I am dying to know what Grey you used!!!
    Melissa

40. Shannon says
    Posted March 4, 2018

I would love to see an updated home tour! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your style. We are still decorating our new home & would love to see more details of what you’ve done recently.