Tired? Me too.
I was thinking about the makeup products I use on days where I plan on throwing my hair up into a ponytail and just keeping it simple on my face.
And they all help a great deal in the “look less dead” department.
A shower is really key for me to feel truly awake in the morning, so if I skip that on casual days, I always make sure to soak my face in water to try to help wake everything up.
It’s as if my skin doesn’t want to wake up for the day.
Honestly I should exfoliate on days where I skip morning showers because that could go a long way in reviving me, but that never occurred to me until just now.
Anyway, above are the 5 essential products I use to look alive on days where I may not quite feel it.
1. Cargo Blush in shade “Los Cabos”. When I was in NYC a few weeks ago, one of the gals from Birchbox freshened up her makeup just prior to the event and she was wearing a blush shade so beautiful that I practically stampeded some guests to go ask her what it was. She directed me over to this Cargo blush and I proceeded to remove it and take it right up to the counter. I know, I know, I sing a lot of praises for blushes, but my goodness this may have possibly replaced my all-time favorite Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes.
It’s just so stinkin’ pretty and has the perfect amount of pigment and slight/barely/almost undetectable shimmer. It’s like a waaaaaay better version than the cult favorite blush from Nars that I cannot understand the hype around.
2. My fellow pale friend Kacia and I were discussing “eyes closed” lipstick while I was in Pittsburgh recently. A lot of my (and her) lipsticks require a mirror to make sure we aren’t applying them messily or leaving too much color in the cupid’s bow. This bb lip balm by Bite is the perfect “eyes closed” lip product. It’s a nice, sheer color that you can apply in the dark, or without looking, and it’s not heavy enough to look like a real mess.
3. There is no lash curler like the Shu Uemura lash curler. No more needs to be said. If you love curly lashes and you’ve never tried it, I assure you that you won’t look back once you buy this tool.
4. I scolded many of you a few weeks ago for keeping me in the dark so long about this amazing under eye concealer, but if you need help looking alive, Bye Bye Undereye will cover everything. EVERYTHING I TELL YOU.
5. I can’t get enough of these cream shadows by Benefit. I just added “no pressure” to my tiny collection, and the shade pictured above is “birthday suit” and I’ll be picking up that one next. A little shimmer in the eyeshadow can go a long way in reflecting a bit of light, and waking up your face. Don’t be afraid to add some powder (aka not cream) shadow to the corners if you need a bit more depth.
Again, this is keeping it simple, but it’s worth it to find the small but great products to deliver major impact.
It is the small things after all, isn’t it?
Did I just officially do that for the first time on my blog?