Loves Lately

loves3

pretty earrings from Sole Society

I try to save up all my new beauty finds for my monthly favorites videos, but sometimes I have some little items that I’ve been loving that I’d like to share!

I’m still trying to gather everything for my capsule wardrobe. That is proving to be harder than I thought it would be. In fact, I think I’m just going to get started and add a couple tops once I find them. I’m looking for specific things, but I’ll clarify more of that next week.

My jewelry has been simple + not fussy lately. Necklaces and bracelets seem to get in my way more than anything else, so I’m sticking to pretty earrings and delicate rings stacked on my fingers.

I added the prettiest little birthstone ring to my collection. It was handmade and gifted by Chinchar/Maloney and it is the most delicate little ring I own! The birthstones are for my husband and myself, and I can’t wait to add another one with David’s birthstone plus our next baby’s birthstone once he/she is here! I really wanted to just go ahead and get the ring with December (for David) and February (for the baby) but I KNEW that if I did that, the baby would come in January. So I decided to play it safe and I’ll wait until I know the exact date/month before I order.

loves

You can see a photo of the ring being worn in a little stack here! I highly highly recommend looking into Chinchar/Maloney if you are looking for any fine jewelry.

loves2

I picked up the Naked2 Basics palette a few weeks ago and have been absolutely loving it. Expect a full review + a tutorial soon! I also found this lip tint by Bite in the color Tangelo in my jewelery armoire. I completely forgot I bought it. I love the coral-y shade.

Oh and I decided to switch things up from my typical Mac Paint Pot as eyeshadow primer and give this one by Tarte a try. It takes a bit of learning, but I think I like it! It definitely keeps creases away the entire day like it claims!

loves54

Makeup has been warm browns on my eyes, and rosy cheeks!

I’m hoping to find the *perfect* pink-y nude shade for lipstick soon.

I hope you have a nice weekend! I’ve got some fun things planned for the month of October that I can’t wait to share with you!

1. Posted September 26, 2014

I love it Kate!! Especially the lipstick 🙂 Just so I just sent you an instagram… but I’m heading to Raleigh, and wanted to see if we could meet up? I’ll bring Snappers 🙂

Posted September 26, 2014

Hi Theresa! I’m tied up this weekend, sorry!! Enjoy your visit, should be a lovely weekend!

• Lee says
      Posted September 28, 2014

Stalker much?

2. Amy says
    Posted September 26, 2014

I am paler than pale… Almost clear. Naked dolly by Too Faced is a GREAT nude shade!

Posted September 26, 2014

I JUST bought it last night. Can’t wait to try it out!

3. Posted September 26, 2014

Beautiful! Man, that Naked 2 Basics Pallet is so tempting! Glad to hear it is fun to play around with. I may just have to bite the bullet.

4. Abby says
    Posted September 26, 2014

That ring is perfect! Might have to get one with my daughter’s birthstones!

5. Kristen says
    Posted September 26, 2014

Hi Kate – I love your Blog and read it daily. Where did you get that pretty gray sweater?

6. Chrissy says
    Posted September 26, 2014

Have you tried Bite Beauty lipstick in Retsina? It has been my favorite color lately! It’s a very pretty natural pink shade!

7. Lauren P says
    Posted September 26, 2014

I know you said you usually save things like this up for a video blog but I just wanted to chime in and say I like reading it! I don’t have the attention span to watch or listen to a video! Thanks for posting!

• Posted September 26, 2014

Agreed! I like the quick read these give! The demos and tutorials are awesome, but for just talking about a product I like to read it.

8. Posted September 26, 2014

im going to get that palette! I’ve been switching a lot of my makeup over to tarte and recently made the switch to their Amazon clay foundation-have you tried it? It’s great coverage and dries powdery smooth and so pretty! I have skin on the oily side so our needs are different but it’s really pretty.

9. Christina says
    Posted September 26, 2014

I’ve been wanted to get the Naked2 Basic Palette but majority of the reviews I’ve read say “works great with my light skin and blue eyes.” Do you think it would also work with warmer skin tones and green/brown eyes? Not to be crazy, but your opinion would be the deciding factor on whether or not to buy it. Also, having a little preview favorites is so nice. Builds excitement!

10. Emily says
    Posted September 26, 2014

I would love to see a tutorial on how you do your bangs now that they are grown out! I’ve been trying to grow mine out forever… and i struggle really bad with them! I have a cowlick right where my part is so they never fall how I want unless I cut bangs out… which i’m just tempted to do again!

11. Kristi says
    Posted September 26, 2014

Thanks for the info on the ring – I just ordered one! My husband gave me a beautiful heart ring for our 15th anniversary but it digs into my finger where the point is so if I stack it with this ring that should help and be beautiful 🙂

12. Tyana says

so pretty love it

xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

13. Denise says
    Posted September 26, 2014

I think I am just like you, trying to save things to show in one go 🙂 I love your pictures! You look very beautiful, I loved the earrings and the sweet makeup! Such a beautiful blog, I am glad I found it! denisesplanet,com

14. Alicia says
    Posted September 26, 2014

I love that lip color you’re wearing! It’s perfect!

15. Posted September 26, 2014

I contacted CHINCHAR / MALONEY, so see about a custom ring to commemorate my son’s birth. I haven’t been able to find anything that will match my wedding band in a gemstone ring and hoping they can hook me up.

16. Kaelyn says
    Posted September 26, 2014

That ring is to die for gorgeous! I love how quaint and dainty it looks.Too bad it is a little out of my price range right now but maybe it can be a Christmas or birthday present!

17. Amy says
    Posted September 26, 2014

That make up looks beautiful on you! Just found your blog and love it already 🙂

18. Susan says
    Posted September 26, 2014

My favorite pinky – nudes are Naked by Urban Decay – their lipstick formula is amazing and moisturizing! & Sandwash Pink by Bobbi Brown (has a little more brown undertone, but pink as well) Sort of a more wearable “Kylie Jenner” look I hear everyone talking about.

19. Heidi G says
    Posted September 26, 2014

I can’t wait to see your tutorial… I recently bought the Naked2 Basics palette and would love to get better at application!

20. Melissa G says
    Posted September 26, 2014

You should try Urban Decay eye lid primer. It is fabulous!! The best I have ever used!

21. Posted September 27, 2014

I really love this post! Thanks for sharing everything!

Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

22. Emily says
    Posted September 27, 2014

Wow! I love that shade of Bite Lipstick on you! I am a huge fan of their lipsticks but I tend to go for the muted berry shades. I own ‘Musk’ and ‘Cava’! I recommend them but I definitely want to try yours!

23. Amanda says
    Posted September 28, 2014

I LOVE Bobbi Brown lipstick in Brown (it’s not really brown, was named after Bobbi) and BrowniePink for pinky nudes.

24. Posted September 28, 2014

Cute earrings! I have been using the Tarte eye primer, and honestly am not the biggest fan…but I have very oily lids so it takes something pretty potent to make a difference! I was disappointed too, because I love Tarte products.

25. Jenna says
    Posted September 29, 2014

LOVE that top, I just bought it last week and want to wear it until it falls apart! 🙂

26. Posted October 1, 2014

Where is the little cloud dish from!? LOVE IT!!

27. Danielle says
    Posted October 8, 2014

Kate,

Love your tutorial. I just discovered it on Pinterest, and I have recently cut my hair shorter (hitting my collar bone) Your hair tutorials are super easy to follow and I’ve used a few for weddings recently! I hope you do a tutorial/review on the Naked2 Basics. I bough the palette and wear it almost everyday, but wouldn’t mind having a different way to wear it. Looking forward to that coming soon!!

28. Posted December 30, 2015

Gemstones enhance beauty of jewellery and improve the reliability of jewellery.