A few years ago I shared the recipe for Apple Fritters here on the blog.
I’ve been craving them lately, so I whipped up a batch this week. Apples have been a pregnancy craving for weeks now, so anything with apple in it sounds delicious to me!
I couldn’t help but revisit the recipe and share it here on the blog again in case you missed it two years ago!
1 beaten egg
1 cup milk
1 cup finely chopped or grated apple (I used a granny smith)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
dash of cinnamon
vegetable oil for frying
1. Heat your oil to approx. 350 degrees on the stovetop. On my gas stove top, I heated the oil between low and medium.
2. In a bowl combine beaten egg, milk, chopped/grated apple, sugar, salt, cinnamon, OJ, and vanilla.
3. Stir together flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
4. Fold dry mixture into wet mixture. Do not over mix. Mix just until combined.
5. Drop batter by rounded teaspoons into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes turning once.
6. Once cooled a bit, roll in cinnamon & sugar and place on a plate.
coffee mug: World Market, bowl: Home Goods, placemat, Ikea