Apple Fritters, revisited

A few years ago I shared the recipe for Apple Fritters here on the blog.
I’ve been craving them lately, so I whipped up a batch this week. Apples have been a pregnancy craving for weeks now, so anything with apple in it sounds delicious to me!
I couldn’t help but revisit the recipe and share it here on the blog again in case you missed it two years ago!

Apple Fritters

1 beaten egg
1 cup milk
1 cup finely chopped or grated apple (I used a granny smith)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
dash of cinnamon

vegetable oil for frying

1. Heat your oil to approx. 350 degrees on the stovetop. On my gas stove top, I heated the oil between low and medium.
2. In a bowl combine beaten egg, milk, chopped/grated apple, sugar, salt, cinnamon, OJ, and vanilla.
3. Stir together flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
4. Fold dry mixture into wet mixture. Do not over mix. Mix just until combined.
5. Drop batter by rounded teaspoons into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes turning once.
6. Once cooled a bit, roll in cinnamon & sugar and place on a plate.

coffee mug: World Market, bowl: Home Goods, placemat, Ikea

1. Laura O says
    Posted October 2, 2013

i’ve had these at the applebarn restaurant in Pigeon Forge, TN – they sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top and serve with a side of applebutter as dipping sauce! these look delicious. i feel i will be making them this weekend!

the chronicles of LO

2. Posted October 2, 2013

These look so yummy! I can’t wait to try them this weekend…I’m sure my pregnant belly will appreciate them too!

3. Posted October 2, 2013

Your apple fritters look awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe again.

4. Becky M says
    Posted October 2, 2013

These look so delicious!

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

5. Posted October 2, 2013

These look delicious! We will be making a few gluten free substitutes to this recipe & whipping up a batch of our own 🙂

Eve & Faye x
    Sugar Spun Sisters – A blog about cosmetics, clothes & coeliac disease

6. Jill says
    Posted October 2, 2013

I might make these for my family on Saturday! They look amazing!! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

7. Posted October 2, 2013

Oh my – these look so tasty. As soon as my kitchen is finished and I have a cooker again I shall try them!!

8. Posted October 2, 2013

These look so yummy! I pinned them, and can’t wait to try them. Thanks, Kate!:)

9. Posted October 2, 2013

looks delicious Kate! And just in time for the (hopefully) cooler weather!!
    Kelly
    Sweet Pea’s Party

10. Posted October 2, 2013

Can they be baked?

Posted October 2, 2013

probably not in this form, the dough is too soft.

11. Posted October 2, 2013

I wonder if these would work with gluten free flour? Or almond flour? I might try them tomorrow!

12. Katie says
    Posted October 2, 2013

These looks delicious!

katespitz.blogspot.com

13. Ashley says
    Posted October 2, 2013

Apple fritters are my favorite!! Definitely going to be making this!!

Xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

14. Posted October 2, 2013

These look so good! My honeycrisps need to be made into something — this could be it! 🙂

15. Posted October 2, 2013

Oh my goodness these look divine! I am going to go make them right now 🙂 Thank you!!

16. Posted October 2, 2013

Oh yummy! These sound wonderful and are perfect for the season!

17. Haley says
    Posted October 2, 2013

Holy cow, these look AMAZING!

18. June G. says
    Posted October 2, 2013

Hi Kate! These look wonderful!! I will make them for my daughter who is expecting her first baby soon also. Funny how most any food I mention to her she gets hungry for, so I’ll be sure to mention these! BTW I shared your body pillow post with her…she loves hers too! I don’t think you girls are going to be able to give them up! 🙂

19. Posted October 3, 2013

I like it !

This is my fashion Blog on Blogspot follow me please !

20. Posted October 3, 2013

I just made these and my young children are devouring them! Thanks for the recipe!

21. k718 says
    Posted October 3, 2013

Love apple fritters!! Can’t wait to try your take on them, thanks! Xo.

22. Posted October 10, 2013

I bought some apples so I can try this yummy looking recipe!

Adelemamabrown.blogspot.com

23. Posted October 28, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

24. Posted October 28, 2013

I tried these with gluten-free flour (Bob’s Redmill) and they turned out great! 🙂

25. Posted December 27, 2013

How many does this make?