Are you living in gloom land like I am? It’s been rainy, humid, and rainy here this week. And frankly, I’m over it.
And it’s making me want to cut my hair even more. I’ve entered that part of summer where styling my hair takes longer since it’s melting in the humidity as I style it. My remedy in the past? Chop it.
But, I feel that I should keep at least a little bit of length on it so I can still do some new tutorials. So, we’ll see. Who knows what I’ll ever decide.
I think there may have been a full moon last night because Grits was acting like a kitty on some sort of drugs. He was wild. Every movement in the bed prompted him to pounce–where he jumps, vertically, about 4 feet high and then lands only inches from his starting point.
It was obnoxious.
Then, later into the night/earlier in the morning, he embarked on the conquest of dragging the wand toy from the living room, all the way up Mt. Everest to our bedroom. Mt. Everest is the stairs of course. I always think of Joey from that episode of Friends when he proclaimed, “You are my Everest. . .” as he ate an entire turkey. I assume the cats feel the same way when they decide to drag a wand upstairs. And then when they get to the top, feeling victorious and proud, I snatch it and hide it under my pillow until morning. I know, I know. I’m a terrible cat-mother.
Anyway, I’m glad it’s friday! Here are my top 5 things of the week!
1. I cooked, ate, and enjoyed quinoa. (I used this cooking method.) THAT IS RIGHT. I’m pretty well known as a picky eater who doesn’t go outside of the box when it comes to food, but I’m trying to up my protein intake for this baby so I gave it a shot. I’m way behind on the “trendy quinoa love”, just like I am with macaroons and calling sunglasses “sunnies”, but I’m glad I finally gave it a shot.
2. This top from Destination Maternity has become a real favorite of mine. I highly recommend it if you are expecting!
3. I posted this stunningly beautiful photo of myself this week. I’m planning on making it my profile photo for every social media channel imaginable. And it also sparked some discussion about face mask’s that I’ll cover next week on the blog.
4. My belly button looks like a typical pregnant belly button. It’s stretched out and I love looking at it. I think it’s probably time to start documenting my weekly progress now that I’m showing a little bit.
(I don’t have a photo of my belly button, but I’m sure you can imagine it.)
5. My sister invited me and some gals over for game night + desserts on Sunday and I’m looking very forward to it! My husband and I also starting making plans for another visit to NYC this fall! We will definitely see Newsies again. I can’t wait.
Hope you had a good week! I’ll be back next week with a new hair tutorial!