While I was certainly blessed with a wonderful mother, there have been several other women in my life that have been particularly meaningful to me as well. And as this day approaches where we “honor” our mothers with a gift or sentiment, I think it’s also important to be sensitive to those who don’t look forward to this day–for whatever reason.
I know so many women who have lost their mothers, who are longing to become mothers themselves, or never had a relationship with their mother.
So for the women in your life, who have had some sort of “motherly” affect on you–I think we should thank them too. And yes, their birthday is a good time to do that –but I imagine a “thank you” card, or small sentiment, on Mother’s Day would be particularly meaningful as well.
Here are a few of my top gift picks for that person in your life.
1. Who doesn’t love a gift box full of bath items?
2. A mint jewelry box.
3. A pretty catch-all bowl.
4. Lovely hand creme.
5. Very decadent body products.
6. One of those beauty items that is nice to have that you wouldn’t often think to buy for yourself.
7. Cute little animals that could live on a side table.
8. A magazine subscription–the gift that keeps on giving!
9. Such a cute, and useful, salt pig. I’d love to own this–I’m a big salt fan!