Mothers (or mother-figure) Gift Guide

While I was certainly blessed with a wonderful mother, there have been several other women in my life that have been particularly meaningful to me as well. And as this day approaches where we “honor” our mothers with a gift or sentiment, I think it’s also important to be sensitive to those who don’t look forward to this day–for whatever reason.

I know so many women who have lost their mothers, who are longing to become mothers themselves, or never had a relationship with their mother.

So for the women in your life, who have had some sort of “motherly” affect on you–I think we should thank them too. And yes, their birthday is a good time to do that –but I imagine a “thank you” card, or small sentiment, on Mother’s Day would be particularly meaningful as well.

Here are a few of my top gift picks for that person in your life.

1. Who doesn’t love a gift box full of bath items?
3. A pretty catch-all bowl.
4. Lovely hand creme.
5. Very decadent body products.
6. One of those beauty items that is nice to have that you wouldn’t often think to buy for yourself.
7. Cute little animals that could live on a side table.
8. A magazine subscription–the gift that keeps on giving!
9. Such a cute, and useful, salt pig. I’d love to own this–I’m a big salt fan!

1. Christa says
    Posted May 8, 2013

Kate, thanks for this great list! I am forwarding a link to my hubby right now…(BTW, Thanks for this great blog too! My ten year old daughter was watching your videos with a friend the other night at a sleepover! You really made an impression! LOL)

2. Posted May 8, 2013

What a great collection of gifts! I know my mom would be happy to receive any and all of these! Can’t wait to go out shopping for her. She deserves the best, as do all the fantastic moms out there!

3. Deb says
    Posted May 8, 2013

I have that elephant from Target. He’s so cuuuute!

4. KimK says
    Posted May 8, 2013

These gifts are all so beautiful. Thank you so much for the ideas!

5. Posted May 8, 2013

I love those little animals!! SO cute!!

Kayla

6. VTFan17 says
    Posted May 8, 2013

Thank you for such wonderful suggestions! I love all of these and it is nice to have other ideas than standard flowers, etc. 🙂

7. LoriU says
    Posted May 8, 2013

What cute ideas! Thank you for sharing them!

8. Posted May 8, 2013

Love your list! I especially like the catch-all bowl and little animals!

9. Dana says
    Posted May 8, 2013

Thank you for the reminder to be sensitive to those who don’t look forward to Mother’s Day. A dear friend lost her 3-month old baby in December and this would have been (or rather, IS) her first Mother’s Day. I’m struggling with how to wish her a “happy” day because she is a mother even if her baby isn’t here…

10. Marissa says
    Posted May 8, 2013

I’m planning to give my mother a bonsai tree!

igetmycraftyfrommymama.blogspot.com

11. Posted May 8, 2013

I got my mom a 6 month subscription to Birch Box! She was so excited! I’m excited to share and compare our boxes each month. She’s already received her first one. Ironically, she received a product called Mary Lou Manizer… Her name is Mary Lou!

12. Erica says
    Posted May 8, 2013

I love these ideas! I always love a fancy hand creme.

13. Posted May 9, 2013

Thank you – as a non-mom – it is always hard when “mothers” are asked to stand up and be recognized, and I sit feeling gutted as a woman. Yet I have been a group home Mom, counseled pregnant and parenting teens, spent countless hours watching my friends and family kids and been a mentor mom … not to be acknowledged. I am grateful for your words and the wonderful gift ideas. God Bless you Kate!

14. Posted May 13, 2013

Kate the Mother’s Day Home & Gardening Birchbox you posted were a huge hit! Please tell me you have a similar idea/recommendation for Father’s Day.

15. Posted May 30, 2013

Thank you for an additional great article. Exactly where else could anyone get that type of facts in this kind of a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m to the appear for such info.
    singapore florist

16. Posted June 3, 2013

Thanks for lovely article for lovely moms. Gifts for mom on Mother’s day is a good idea to give some pleasure for mom.

17. Posted March 2, 2014

gift ideas for women is an exclusive online gifting experience specialising in luxuriously packaged gift boxes containing high quality intimate apparel including lingerie.