Double Braided Ponytail tutorial

Today’s tutorial is a quick and simple way to wear a ponytail. It’s perfect to prepare for those hot summer months when you just want your hair off your neck!

While I did this tutorial on straight hair, I think it would look great on curly hair as well, so don’t hesitate to give it a try even though your texture may be a bit different.

The type of french braid I did in this tutorial is called a dutch braid, and you can learn how to do that here.

1. Posted May 13, 2013

Love it, Kate! Thank you!

2. Posted May 13, 2013

super cute hair do!! I Love it!

3. Posted May 13, 2013

Your hair is getting so long! I’m going to try this today, looks super cute and easy!

4. Posted May 13, 2013

Love this look! It’s perfect for summer!

5. Posted May 13, 2013

I am going to wear this today! Thanks!

6. Ricci says
    Posted May 13, 2013

Super cute!!! I’m trying this tonight!!

7. Posted May 13, 2013

Love it! So cute!

8. Posted May 13, 2013

This is SO cute and is going to come in REALLY handy when I am on vacation, in Maryland, site seeing, in HOT weather! Thanks girl!

9. Martha says
    Posted May 13, 2013

Look at those ears healing!!!!

10. Jas S says
    Posted May 13, 2013

That looks super pretty! 🙂

11. Posted May 13, 2013

I love this, and I’m pretty sure my unruly hair will work with me on this one. 😉

12. Ginny says
    Posted May 13, 2013

Thanks for doing a straight hair tutorial 🙂

Ginny

13. Posted May 13, 2013

So cute. Can’t wait for my hair to get a litttttle bit longer!

14. Posted May 13, 2013

Cute! I’m gonna have to try this tonight:)

15. Posted May 13, 2013

Cute look! I think my hair is long enough now that this would work.

Kristina does the Internets

16. Posted May 14, 2013

I’m going to need you to come fix my hair for my interview tomorrow:) This humidity and my growing out bangs are making me crazy! Love this pony tail tutorial.

17. JANNA says
    Posted May 14, 2013

Very cute summer look!

18. drama says
    Posted May 14, 2013

Very nice!!! Love it!

19. Posted May 14, 2013

I love ALL your tutorials, they have taught me so much, thank you!

20. Posted May 14, 2013

I love ALL your tutorials, they have taught me so much, thank you!

21. Posted May 15, 2013

Just wanted to say, I did this cute ponytail yesterday for work, and a ton of people complimented me! And then (because I work with teens) 3 of my girls begged me to do it for them because they liked it so much! Made my day, so thanks for the idea!

22. Kerri B says
    Posted May 15, 2013

Love it :)x

23. Posted May 15, 2013

Super cute. Do you have any recommendations on brand/type of hair extensions to add fullness and length?

24. Posted May 15, 2013

I did this on my five year old daughter’s hair today. It is totally adorable. She loved it. Thank you for your wonderful tutorials!

25. Posted May 15, 2013

Your tutorials are just great! I have learned so many cute hairstyles from you.

26. Posted May 16, 2013

I tried this on myself early Tuesday morning. I took it out right after too… Not too successful, lol. I need to practice my french braids a few times before pulling that one off at 5 am 🙂

27. Posted May 16, 2013

28. Posted May 20, 2013

Super cute 🙂 You’re so talented! Love all your hairstyles!

29. Posted June 5, 2013

This Double Braided Ponytail looking awesome.Thanks for this beautiful post.keep sharing….

ponytail

30. Dani says
    Posted October 30, 2013

There is NO way my crown will be that fluffy and cute like that 🙁

• Lidia says
      Posted July 1, 2014

Can’t wait to try this tomorrow, however, i’m thinking have using a hairpiece. Wish me luck.

You’re awesome Kate!!!