papaya orange dress

dress: J.Crew
bangles: Kate Spade, J.Crew, Saks off 5th

My friend Kacia sent me a photo of this dress when she bought it and as soon as I saw it I wanted it. If I had to design a dress for myself, this is exactly what it would look like.

I happened to time it just right and bought it during a 25% off sale at J.Crew. It’s so comfortable, has a very flattering shape, and is a perfect papaya/orange color. It’s simple enough that you could wear a statement necklace to change up the look, or just wear it by itself.

It’s made of a fairly stiff fabric, and I think will transition really nicely into the fall and winter. Throw on tights or leggings and boots, and you’ll be all set.

1. Posted April 3, 2013

It looks great on you!!! And the fit looks superb! You could always throw on a grey tight and cardi to make it warmer! Love!

2. Posted April 3, 2013

My favorite color!!!

3. Posted April 3, 2013

The dress fits you to perfection, and the color is gorgeous on you!

4. Lauren says
    Posted April 3, 2013

This dress is not only a fabulous color on you, but the shape is so flattering! I love the a-line skirt.

Fizz and Frosting

5. Emily H says
    Posted April 3, 2013

The last photo is especially beautiful!

6. Posted April 3, 2013

Oh my gosh! My mother in law took me on a shopping spree this past weekend. I told her we needed to go to j. crew because you always post the cutests clothes from there. Well, we didn’t make it to any other store. Never been there, and now I’m in love. Got this dress in navy. Probably the most comfy dress I’ve ever worn. Pairing it with some Francesca’s jewelry (another “first” shop for me). You’ve got me hooked, Kate. You’ve got me hooked!!

7. Katy says

Question for you…
    I notice that your wedding ring is white gold or platinum….silver toned…and you are wearing some gold bracelets. I am always hesitating to do this because I have a white gold wedding ring. It bums me out b/c I would like to accessorize with gold on occasion. It looks perfectly acceptable on you…so this is fine to do?
    🙂

8. Posted April 3, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this dress! The color is fantastic and it looks so comfortable!

9. OdomKt says
    Posted April 3, 2013

Great dress! I love the whole look! I am also so excited that you’re going to be at the Influence Conference 2013. I just bought my ticket and I cannot wait!!

Thanks for all the inspiration!

10. Jill says
    Posted April 3, 2013

This color looks GREAT on you and the dress is really flattering! Unfortunately the dress is sold out in this color and my size. Which isn’t really unfortunate because it’s not like I need to spend the money anyway 🙂

11. Carly says
    Posted April 3, 2013

The color is perfect on you!!

Carly

12. Posted April 3, 2013

I have been looking for a perfect nude heel – I think I may have just found it! Thank you! BTW, your photography skills are stellar – impressive.

Ginny

13. Posted April 3, 2013

This dress is gorgeous and the colour just made for you!

Annette
    Lady of Style

14. Posted April 3, 2013

that dress does look like it was made for you. Gorgeous!

15. Jessica says
    Posted April 3, 2013

What a gorgeous dress-and that color is perfect on you!

16. Posted April 3, 2013

Would look really cute with a belt also!!! The seam is in the perfect place.

17. Breenah says
    Posted April 3, 2013

I don’t know that I’ve ever loved a dress more! So cute and simple and the perfect color.

18. Nikki P says
    Posted April 3, 2013

The dress is beautiful and the color looks incredible on you! I love the matching nail color too. It sets the whole thing off. GORGEOUS!

19. Posted April 3, 2013

This is gorgeous! Aw man, I wish we had JCrew in Denmark..

20. Posted April 3, 2013

Beautiful!!

21. Karen says
    Posted April 3, 2013

Wonderful look! I’d be easy to add a denim jacket to this (white would be amazing) or a little white cardi and be ready for an evening out.

22. Posted April 3, 2013

Needs a belt. Love this dress

23. kodijo says
    Posted April 3, 2013

That dress is the perfect color. I love dresses that can be worn year round with a little layering action!
    Kodi
    grey et al

24. Posted April 3, 2013

So simple and pretty and can totally be worn year round! Love it!! : )

Kayla

25. Posted April 3, 2013

This is such a pretty dress on you!

26. Posted April 3, 2013

I’ve been looking for a bright dress like this 🙂

Making It Sparkle

27. Posted April 3, 2013

looks perfect on you? what size is that?

28. Posted April 3, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

29. Posted April 3, 2013

That color is gorgeous on you!!

Kristina does the Internets

30. Amanda says
    Posted April 3, 2013

Very cute! Looks great on you!

31. Posted April 3, 2013

What a beautiful dress!! That fit is so flattering. I wish they had it in my size in the navy but it’s all sold out, or I would be ordering it right now. It does look great on you!!!

32. LoriU says

Cute cute!!

33. Posted April 3, 2013

Love your dress! It’s perfect for Spring and you look so cute in it!

xo
    Caroline

lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

34. Posted April 3, 2013

love that dress on you. great fit!

xo Andrea

35. Posted April 3, 2013

super cute dress

36. Nicole says
    Posted April 3, 2013

Your skin looks flawless!

37. Jess says
    Posted April 3, 2013

It’s gorgeous. It looks more orangey-pink to me, but that’s a good thing in my book.

Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

38. Posted April 3, 2013

Gorgeous, Kate! And so flattering on you!

39. Posted April 3, 2013

What a beautiful dress and it looks great on you!

40. Posted April 3, 2013

This dress is so sweet on you! And I love that gold knot bracelet.
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

41. Jen says
    Posted April 3, 2013

What are you doing to lose weight. You look amazing. Love the dress

42. Posted April 3, 2013

these shoes are perfect!love the nude shade
    kisses from Miano

43. Posted April 3, 2013

If only it had a v-neck, would make it mine immediately. It really looks great on you though! you’ll get wear out of it every season

44. Posted April 3, 2013

I LOVE this dress on you!!!

45. Chelzz says
    Posted April 4, 2013

I love this dress! I think a gold or another bright colored belt would really add another pop!

46. Me says
    Posted April 4, 2013

That dress is ADORABLE! I’m totally digging that color too.

47. Posted April 4, 2013

Such a gorgeous color!

48. Posted April 4, 2013

Just gorgeous!

49. Posted April 4, 2013

That dress fits you wonderfully and the color is brilliant!
    Jenn
    With Luck Blog

50. Posted April 5, 2013

Obsessed with this dress. I actually saw it in the store and thought about it for my engagement pictures. Your highlights really pop with this color, so pretty!

51. Melissa says
    Posted April 9, 2013

I love this. This might be my favorite outfit I’ve ever seen you wear! The color, the cut, everything is just absolutely perfect for you.

52. Posted May 21, 2013

I just bought this dress today..love it!

53. Posted October 13, 2014

This post is truly a pleasant one it assists
    new web visitors, who are wishing in favor of blogging.