papaya orange dress

dress: J.Crew
bangles: Kate Spade, J.Crew, Saks off 5th

My friend Kacia sent me a photo of this dress when she bought it and as soon as I saw it I wanted it. If I had to design a dress for myself, this is exactly what it would look like.

I happened to time it just right and bought it during a 25% off sale at J.Crew. It’s so comfortable, has a very flattering shape, and is a perfect papaya/orange color. It’s simple enough that you could wear a statement necklace to change up the look, or just wear it by itself.

It’s made of a fairly stiff fabric, and I think will transition really nicely into the fall and winter. Throw on tights or leggings and boots, and you’ll be all set.

Comments

Oh my gosh! My mother in law took me on a shopping spree this past weekend. I told her we needed to go to j. crew because you always post the cutests clothes from there. Well, we didn’t make it to any other store. Never been there, and now I’m in love. Got this dress in navy. Probably the most comfy dress I’ve ever worn. Pairing it with some Francesca’s jewelry (another “first” shop for me). You’ve got me hooked, Kate. You’ve got me hooked!!

Question for you…
    I notice that your wedding ring is white gold or platinum….silver toned…and you are wearing some gold bracelets. I am always hesitating to do this because I have a white gold wedding ring. It bums me out b/c I would like to accessorize with gold on occasion. It looks perfectly acceptable on you…so this is fine to do?
    :-)

Great dress! I love the whole look! I am also so excited that you’re going to be at the Influence Conference 2013. I just bought my ticket and I cannot wait!!

Thanks for all the inspiration!

This color looks GREAT on you and the dress is really flattering! Unfortunately the dress is sold out in this color and my size. Which isn’t really unfortunate because it’s not like I need to spend the money anyway :)

The dress is beautiful and the color looks incredible on you! I love the matching nail color too. It sets the whole thing off. GORGEOUS!

Wonderful look! I’d be easy to add a denim jacket to this (white would be amazing) or a little white cardi and be ready for an evening out.

Obsessed with this dress. I actually saw it in the store and thought about it for my engagement pictures. Your highlights really pop with this color, so pretty!

I love this. This might be my favorite outfit I’ve ever seen you wear! The color, the cut, everything is just absolutely perfect for you.