a little bow hair tutorial

a little bow hair tutorial- The Small Things Blog
I’ve seen a few different versions of this little bow hairstyle on Pinterest, but I like it most on half up hair. You avoid the “minnie mouse” look that may happen if you wear your hair all up in a bow.

The longer your hair is, the easier time you’ll have making the bow. However, mine is mid-length with a lot of layering, so a few bobby pins were all I needed to keep everything in control.

You can start with any texture of hair, straight or curly. All you need are a few bobby pins and a clear elastic or two. I only use 1 clear elastic, but if your hair is heavy or you need a stronger “hold”, use two elastics.

top: j. crew factory (similar shape/material), nails: neo whimsical, lips: Albeit in Peony

1. Posted April 15, 2013

So adorable!!! I will try this when I have a bit more time. Unfortunately doing my hair is not my greatest skill.

Making It Sparkle

2. Carly says
    Posted April 15, 2013
  3. Posted April 15, 2013

This is so cute and looks so easy to do!!

4. Traci says
    Posted April 15, 2013

So when you grab that section for the middle part of the bow, what did you do with all the length? It seems like it just disappeared… Thanks! 🙂

Posted April 15, 2013

You tuck it under the bow and pin it!

• Posted April 17, 2013

Kate…when you pin down with bobby pins, does the wavy side of the boppy pin face up or face down towards the head? I’ve always wondered this for the best hold!

5. Sinem says
    Posted April 15, 2013

so chic and sweet’

6. Posted April 15, 2013

So CUTE!! I am going to need to practice to get this one nailed down (I’m not very talented at styling my hair)!!
    ~ Kimberley

7. Mandy says
    Posted April 15, 2013

SO SO SO cute! I can’t wait to try this today!!

8. Posted April 15, 2013

This is amazing I’m dying my hair today and going to try this out sooooo cute thanks for the tutorial 🙂
    Leila xx
    P.s I’m following you follow back?xx

9. Posted April 15, 2013

This is MUCH cuter than a lot of the ones on pinterest. Some of them do look very Minnie Mouse like/remind me of Japanese street style…

10. Posted April 15, 2013

I love this! You always have such gorgeous hair styles! xx. McKenna Lou
    P.S. Be sure to check out or huge giveaway today! 2 winners! + a discount code.

11. Jackie says
    Posted April 15, 2013

Cute! I wish my hair were longer so I could do this!

12. Posted April 15, 2013

I love how easy your hair tutorials are – totally changed the way I style my own hair in the mornings. I’ve definitely become a lot more creative. Thank you for these!

13. Posted April 15, 2013

Love love love this! I am always putting my hair half up in some way, so this is a fun way to switch things up! I can’t wait to try it 🙂 Do you think it matters if your hair is quite long?

14. Posted April 15, 2013
  15. Jess says
    Posted April 15, 2013

A bow! So cute. You have a real talent 🙂

Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

16. Posted April 15, 2013

So lovely! Thanks for sharing. And if you have any experience or tips on using/not using clip-in extensions, I’d love to hear…

17. Posted April 15, 2013

oh my gosh! That is so adorable! I love it!! : )

Kayla

18. Posted April 15, 2013

This is so cute! I’ll have to try this after I master the French fishtail braid:)

19. Posted April 15, 2013

How adorable!! Love it!! Yes, I know what you mean about the ‘minnie mouse’ look. I’ve been trying to think what that hairstyle reminds me of and that is EXACTLY it – Minnie Mouse!!

Thanks for sharing!

Would love for you to stop by my blog!

Blessings!
    ~Kat

20. Posted April 15, 2013

I agree I love this style on half up/ half down hair! Very cute!
    Side note… Have you ever heard that you resemble Megan Hilty from SMASH?
    I think you are both gorgeous girls!
    🙂

21. Posted April 15, 2013

Love the easy hairdos you teach us!

22. Posted April 15, 2013

Your tutorials are amazing!

23. Carla says
    Posted April 15, 2013

That is fun and cute. Thanks for sharing!

24. Posted April 15, 2013

This is like a Kate Spade hair style! Love it.

25. Posted April 16, 2013

I’ve seen these bow styles before on pinterest, but didn’t like them because they looked so…I don’t know…heavy? But the way you’ve done it half way up with a little bow looks so subtle and cute. I think I might try this.

26. Posted April 16, 2013

i think this is the cutest tutorial you’ve ever done! gah! i love it!! 🙂

27. Unknown says
    Posted April 16, 2013

Hi Kate,

If you are looking for ideas on hair tutorials, can you do a tutorial on a pouffy ponytail – kind of like the beehive pouf plus ponytail? Thanks!

28. Posted April 16, 2013

THIS IS SO CUTE 🙂

29. Lindsey says
    Posted April 16, 2013

MUCH better than any of the ones on Pinterest!

30. Julie says
    Posted April 17, 2013

This is a-dorable! Looks much easier and lighter than the versions I’ve seen before.

31. Posted April 17, 2013

stop it! you’re too adorable!

32. Posted April 18, 2013

This is such a lovely hairstyle and I love that you can do this on any length hair! xoxo

33. Jenna says
    Posted May 8, 2013

thank-you for another AMAZING, cute and simple hair tutorial.

34. Posted May 13, 2013

I’ll try this. Love it 🙂

35. Elyse E says
    Posted May 15, 2013

Absolutely lovely!
    I have to try it 🙂

36. Posted June 4, 2013

Nice post. I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this information .I really appreciate your work, keep it up and thanks for sharing information with me.
    Hair Removal

37. Steph says
    Posted June 20, 2013

Just tried this about three times. 🙂 Got it so that I’m somewhat satisfied…Still not quite as cute and well-put-together as yours, but good enough. I am really a novice at actual hairstyles, so that’s not surprising. Will keep trying! My biggest hairstlying difficulty is curling irons. Me + curling iron = useless.

38. Steph says
    Posted June 20, 2013

39. Posted June 25, 2013

Now a day’s internet is one of the many sources of receiving efficient information. But not all the site can accomplish our demand. This site is one which can be trusted for the information alarmed the subject.

Laundromat Serving Leander, Laundry Cedar Park, Liberty Hill, Texas

40. Posted December 10, 2013

My daughter did this for homecoming and it looked beautiful! Her dress was silver and she didn’t want to add color with a hair accessory, but she loves bows. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151913907870923&set=a.10151913907745923.1073741834.742810922&type=3&theater

41. Posted April 13, 2014

This is so cute. I love this style and your whole look!

42. Ashley says
    Posted May 21, 2014

Wow, I sort of tried it. And it turned out well. It took me like 30 minutes. I have a question. I have very thick hair, and I can’t take out my elastics with out my hair getting trapped in the elastics. What can I use best to easily take out the elastics with out pulling my hair out?
    X

• Claire says
      Posted November 23, 2014

Use elastics that are not rubber. Use the Goody kind.

43. India Edwards says
    Posted June 1, 2014

I love your tutorials they are really easy to follow 🙂
    I really like this hairstyle 🙂

• Claire says
      Posted November 23, 2014
  44. Jessica says
    Posted September 20, 2014

I ribbon curled my hair today and I just gave this a second (and third!) try and finally got It to work! Third time was the charm for me and I’m determined that this is going to be my diy wedding hair. After the success I had today I’m sure this is it.

Thanks so much for making this easy to follow, it always looked so difficult. 🙂

45. Claire says
    Posted November 23, 2014

OMG! Thank you! I have 2 do that tomorrow for school!