a little bow hair tutorial

a little bow hair tutorial- The Small Things Blog
I’ve seen a few different versions of this little bow hairstyle on Pinterest, but I like it most on half up hair. You avoid the “minnie mouse” look that may happen if you wear your hair all up in a bow.

The longer your hair is, the easier time you’ll have making the bow. However, mine is mid-length with a lot of layering, so a few bobby pins were all I needed to keep everything in control.

You can start with any texture of hair, straight or curly. All you need are a few bobby pins and a clear elastic or two. I only use 1 clear elastic, but if your hair is heavy or you need a stronger “hold”, use two elastics.

top: j. crew factory (similar shape/material), nails: neo whimsical, lips: Albeit in Peony

Comments

So when you grab that section for the middle part of the bow, what did you do with all the length? It seems like it just disappeared… Thanks! :)

This is amazing I’m dying my hair today and going to try this out sooooo cute thanks for the tutorial :-)
    Leila xx
    P.s I’m following you follow back?xx

Love love love this! I am always putting my hair half up in some way, so this is a fun way to switch things up! I can’t wait to try it :) Do you think it matters if your hair is quite long?

I agree I love this style on half up/ half down hair! Very cute!
    Side note… Have you ever heard that you resemble Megan Hilty from SMASH?
    I think you are both gorgeous girls!

I’ve seen these bow styles before on pinterest, but didn’t like them because they looked so…I don’t know…heavy? But the way you’ve done it half way up with a little bow looks so subtle and cute. I think I might try this.

Hi Kate,

If you are looking for ideas on hair tutorials, can you do a tutorial on a pouffy ponytail – kind of like the beehive pouf plus ponytail? Thanks!

Just tried this about three times. :) Got it so that I’m somewhat satisfied…Still not quite as cute and well-put-together as yours, but good enough. I am really a novice at actual hairstyles, so that’s not surprising. Will keep trying! My biggest hairstlying difficulty is curling irons. Me + curling iron = useless.

9. Ashley says

Wow, I sort of tried it. And it turned out well. It took me like 30 minutes. I have a question. I have very thick hair, and I can’t take out my elastics with out my hair getting trapped in the elastics. What can I use best to easily take out the elastics with out pulling my hair out?
    X

10. Jessica says

I ribbon curled my hair today and I just gave this a second (and third!) try and finally got It to work! Third time was the charm for me and I’m determined that this is going to be my diy wedding hair. After the success I had today I’m sure this is it.

Thanks so much for making this easy to follow, it always looked so difficult. :)